Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Well funnily enough I had recorded a previous version of a hawks career but I had my wrong OBS screen selected so it captured absolutely nothing, and that practice game was vs Geelong. Think I won by a goal too and I have nothing to show for it.

Feel like the praccy games are totally random.
I like that though - practice matches are great to have but they’re nothing games - don’t need to be perfectly fixtured for realism. Evo 2 had every single practice match stay the same - I would play North every year to start the season and it got boring

Why can’t they actually say some definite dates that missing parts of this game are going to be added?

I’m starting to think these things will never make into the game at all.

are bigant just simply not responding to tickets anymore? I have two tickets sitting there yet to be responded too. one was 8 days ago and the other is 5 days ago.

Well funnily enough I had recorded a previous version of a hawks career but I had my wrong OBS screen selected so it captured absolutely nothing, and that practice game was vs Geelong. Think I won by a goal too and I have nothing to show for it.

Feel like the praccy games are totally random.
Is there any way to actually upgrade and progress players yet? I haven't opened management mode since launch and there was definitely nothing then to suggest you could train players.

What’s the current PS5 patch up to? Has it got smothers and speckles etc… also when’s custom difficulty coming?

Why can’t they actually say some definite dates that missing parts of this game are going to be added?

I’m starting to think these things will never make into the game at all.
Ross always said he didn’t want to give exact dates because he’d be crucified if things didn’t make that deadline (eg. He said things would be released over that first week, they weren’t, he’s getting crucified). Too many bugs etc. still being stamped out and discovered every day pushing things back

To think we got straight lied to about the "wrong patch" being released to now weeks down the track and still struggling to get the game to work.

BigAntStudios I think we as the consumers and people paying for this product would rather complete transparency and no BS.

The fact I can't finish an online game without it crashing is ridiculous, not to mention the literal 50+ other issues.

Game refunded and can be sure to never buy a BigAnt game again.

To be fair, with the amount of effort they've had to put in to get this up to scratch, you'd assume the rest get pushed back. I guess Cricket though is upgrading the old version and not a new game from scratch (correct me if wrong), so it's not as long a process for them.
No way in hell you would push cricket back for the sake of AFL, it would have a far greater reach with customers I would imagine.

are bigant just simply not responding to tickets anymore? I have two tickets sitting there yet to be responded too. one was 8 days ago and the other is 5 days ago.
Not sure of their process of responding... but I've had some recent replies to mine... Some are still waiting though.... so I guess they're just getting through them bit by bit.

I've decided to try take the lowly Hawks back to Premiership glory on Hardest.

1st practice match is in the books, be sure to follow the journey!

Some speccies still not paid as marks which is annoying

I'm sitting 3rd in my season as the Hawks. For all of my crowing about how easy the difficulty is, when I get pumped..... I GET PUMPED lol.

Worst loss was last night against the Saints, after the 1st quarter where I was barely staying in touch. They just destroyed me in Q2 and Q3. Must have felt sorry for me as I mounted a comeback in the last quarter, to only go down by 3 goals.

Melbourne was similar, got torched throughout the game. But cane back hard in the final quarter with 6 goals to 1. Almost drew but the siren went before I could mark it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Custom competition in season mode is part of the roadmap - assume it will be similar to Live 1 where you pick how many teams, how many make finals etc

This is one I'm hanging out for too.
This will be coming very soon.

To think we got straight lied to about the "wrong patch" being released to now weeks down the track and still struggling to get the game to work.

BigAntStudios I think we as the consumers and people paying for this product would rather complete transparency and no BS.

The fact I can't finish an online game without it crashing is ridiculous, not to mention the literal 50+ other issues.

Game refunded and can be sure to never buy a BigAnt game again.
So you believe we created everything patched into the game over this last week from scratch after the game released?

While the guys are working around the clock to get the game to the level we all want it to be, it's not like we're the only ones this stuff happens too. Here's the FIFA patch notes BTW... EA originally patched the game and a very high % of players could not boot the game.

image.png

Not sure of their process of responding... but I've had some recent replies to mine... Some are still waiting though.... so I guess they're just getting through them bit by bit.
Some need back and forth, some are pretty easy to understand and implement/fix - at the least there should be a "thanks" for the info, I'll follow up.

This is a manager mode thing. Wouldn’t of it been quite easy to have someone just simulate season after seasons with different teams to find all the bugs with the management side of the game way before the game even come out?

Player overalls, player potentials, player trading, free agency, drafting, brownlow count, AA and probably more were all broken? Feels like after season 1 nobody tested the game to see how the management side played

So is it worth buying now wait it out until it's decent?

Yes and no (spot the fence sitter)

It depends on what you'd consider value for money. If I paid full price (or in my own case paid for the game full stop) I'd be disappointed. Even though the game has evolved a lot over the last 10 days.

I think it's decent but still has a way to go to be as much fun as Aussie Rules Footy, AFL 98/99, AFL LIVE 2004 PREMIERSHIP EDITION and the Evolution series were for me.

I guess it depends how you've written it. I submitted two giant lists of bugs about 10 days ago and many have been addressed but they never actually responded to them directly. Then another smaller list with some other things I found and a few days later they responded to that.
Also, having worked in software support a long time ago, there may be a minimum number of times something needs to be reported before they address it. We used to need around 1000 customers (of our large pay TV service which won't be named) to report issues before we even acknowledged it was on our end.
It was a bit like a twitter trending page on our screen and only the most commonly mentioned things got looked at unless there was nothing else to do.

Yes and no (spot the fence sitter)

It depends on what you'd consider value for money. If I paid full price (or in my own case paid for the game full stop) I'd be disappointed. Even though the game has evolved a lot over the last 10 days.

I think it's decent but still has a way to go to be as much fun as Aussie Rules Footy, AFL 98/99, AFL LIVE 2004 PREMIERSHIP EDITION and the Evolution series were for me.

$79-89 is too much of a risk for me just to be disappointed.

I am just going off this forum and those who upload matches on YouTube.

Game just doesn't seem fluent with movements.

Are there many games out there new for under $79-$89?
One thing you can be assured of is that it is only going to improve.

Don't be too put off, I'd find a friend that has it and try it out!!

The movements were horrible last weekend, but a week later, it has improved a lot. It's still not perfect, but it's much more playable.

It's worth the risk/investment.
I'm having fun with the game. There are some parts that I get frustrated with, but I'm sure Big Ant are aware of these bugs/issues and will take care of them as soon as they can.

At the end of the day, if it's not your cuppa tea, then you can refund the game within 7 days (EB Games).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back