Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
BigAntStudios could we have some clarification on what contest assisted movement does and why we aren't able to turn it off? because with my understanding I want full control of my own player in a contest situation I don't want to be guided into it that just feels like im not in control at all when it comes to a contested ball situation

Last edited:
Very minor detail in the overall scheme of things but I think I've figured out the coin toss.

If you are choosing heads or tails, press the 'A' button when the coin flip animation slows down. The side of the coin facing you will be the selection.

Not that it matters for now but at least it feels like I have input into the choice.

Last edited:
When taking a kick after a mark or free, you should be able to direct with RS where you want someone near the ball to lead to. Was this ever a feature in an AFL game or am I thinking of FIFA?

I feel like the biggest issue with this game is that you don’t feel in control of most things.

When taking a kick after a mark or free, you should be able to direct with RS where you want someone near the ball to lead to. Was this ever a feature in an AFL game or am I thinking of FIFA?

I feel like the biggest issue with this game is that you don’t feel in control of most things.
I believe I know what you're thinking of and that's in FIFA from memory when you had the assisted marker on.

They have the ball trail in this, maybe they can use that as a guide in someway?

haven't been keeping up with this forum too much, so this may have been said.
Interchanges would be best kept seperate from umpiring decisions, I often miss what the umpire has called because the interchanges are cycling through on the same graphic (bottom right hand corner). Playing PS5 and havent played todays patch, so may not be an issue anymore.

In simple terms, the difficulty goes up linerally over the dificulty levels. Easiest is 20% as hard as Hardest, the next level is 40% of the hardest, and so on.

We will tune the difficulty to not be as linear as analytics come in about win/loss ratios from public games played.
Is that the same methodology you use to tune the difficulty in your cricket and tennis games? If so what percentage of user wins do you aim for on the different difficulties in those games?

While using radial switch player, make sure to release L1 before the right stick. It doesn't work if not.

So Hold L1+RS and then only let go of L1.
Nice one. It's good.
I don't think there is an indicator for the selection though (unless you saw one?)... but it's good to have.

I noticed it even worked when I had the Player on the Mark selected, and couldn't select someone else by using just L1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medium is way too easy but I find Hard to difficult.

What setting is everyone playing on. I know the difficulty was messed up the other day. Is it still the same
I play on medium on 7.5 min quarters.
I win 7-8/10 games.
When I lose it’s usually 4 goals or less.
When I win it’s usually within 4 goals.
1-2 wins are big.

You just have to time it correctly which Im convinced most kids on these boards dont have the capacity to do.
It should just always do a slap animation when you flick the right analog stick, if you mistime it or are in the wrong position, it should be an arm chop free against you. The arm slap should be used too to slap the ball out of a tackled opponents hands. I preferred the way tackling was on hardest, the other day, now it's just players falling to the ground, no matter what. And there's no real wrestling that moves you into the best position to mark the ball, you're always static, which is unrealistic. Gonna compile a video, see if support entertain this.

I find spoiling works fine if your player is not engaged with his opponent. However when they are engaged in a marking contest it is very hard to spoil (around 1 in 10 success rate).

how come its Auto man on the mark?
Why dont i have the option to run with a player that is just free when im stuck on the mark? Its annoying that the man on the mark is fixated when this isnt true in real life- especially in the defensive half

Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong but half the time from a kick-in, my player kicks a deliberte rushed behind or out on the full instead of to a player.

Do I need to push the right stick towards the player I'm kicking to or what?

Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong but half the time from a kick-in, my player kicks a deliberte rushed behind or out on the full instead of to a player.

Do I need to push the right stick towards the player I'm kicking to or what?
I had this issue also as I was trying to locate a player and hit them up but was advised that you need to hit the sprint button to play on then hit a target.

L2+R2+Spoil works... or takes a speccy. Late timing helps.

Also, I love how body positioning in ruck contests around the ground actually works in combination with your direction for hitouts. Some nice animations.

Another tip, don't hold sprint when trying to handball or kick if you don't have to.

Some rapid fire bugs... PS5 latest patch.

1. Players laying on the ground with the ball with no one tackling them being a ball up.

2. Advantage rule being called when there is no advantage.

3. L2+RS is still speccy sometimes. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess.

4. As the away team, I can't change captain/second ruck/kick-in roles.

A guide for spoiling seems to be missing too.

In simple terms, the difficulty goes up linerally over the dificulty levels. Easiest is 20% as hard as Hardest, the next level is 40% of the hardest, and so on.

We will tune the difficulty to not be as linear as analytics come in about win/loss ratios from public games played.

We shouldn't be punished because we like to beat our hated teams by 100+ points :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back