Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
BigAntStudios JNT BA
Just a quick question about team run outs...

Will the unique and different run outs for each team at their home games be added in. For example the big inflatable eagle tunnel with the sparklers, firework things and smoke etc.. along side it at their home games. Feel like it would add more realism to the game and give that home game exciting feeling a touch more. Just an idea and understand that gameplay is the main priority right now.

Love where the game is heading and definitely enjoying it alot right now.

Last edited:
Just a quick question about team run outs...

Will the unique and different run outs for each team at their home games be added in. For example the big inflatable eagle with the sparklers, firework things and smoke etc.. along side it at their home games. Feel like it would add more realism to the game and give that home game exciting feeling a touch more. Just an idea and understand that gameplay is the main priority right now.

Love where the game is heading and definitely enjoying it alot right now.
As long as I don’t have to endure Geelong ringing the bell I’m all for it!

Would love to see the Richmond drums though!

Anyone else who turns on auto interchange find that their ruckman gets subbed out early without knowing? Found it funny to see Jack Lukosius in the ruck early in the second after Witts dominated the first quarter.

Why is every single contested situation so impossible to win, whether it be marking or spoiling. i press the mark and/or the spoil button as the vibration reaches its peak but every single time without fail out of 4 games the AI win the contested mark. This is getting really unbearable.
This is on every difficulty too. Can someone please tell me what I may be doing wrong as I have no clue.

Last edited:
Anyone else who turns on auto interchange find that their ruckman gets subbed out early without knowing? Found it funny to see Jack Lukosius in the ruck early in the second after Witts dominated the first quarter.

oh god I was about to play and this puts me off

Started my Management career about a week and a half ago.

Was playing the Suns in the practice game and had issues with the game crashing twice. Commentary just stopped and then at the conclusion of the quarter nothing happened. This has occurred in almost every home and away game since, forcing me to restart. Have also had issues where the game just crashes and I send an error report.

Completed games wise.
Played Norf at Marvel on Easy and beat them by about 80 points.
Played GWS at Optus on easy and beat them by about 95 points.
Played Freo at Optus on medium. First half was exciting and I only went into half time with a 5 point lead. Ended up running away with the second half to win by about 9 goals.
Played Melbourne at Optus on medium and won by about 80 points.
Played Geelong at AO on Hard. Played pre-patch from the other night and was 2 goals up at half time before it crashed. Restarted last night after the latest patch and Wooweee. Cats up 5.1 to 1.0 at quarter time. Couldn't take an intercept mark to save my life, even when I was pressing triangle on vibrate. Cats were spoiling all over the ground and their tackling intensity was nothing like I had seen so far. Isaac Smith COULD.NOT.MISS! Ended up losing by about 40 points.

Will try and see how we go tonight.

Overall the game is fun, albeit bugged. The crashing issue is the worst though, nothing more frustrating then losing progress, especially when winning

Played Geelong at AO on Hard. Played pre-patch from the other night and was 2 goals up at half time before it crashed. Restarted last night after the latest patch and Wooweee. Cats up 5.1 to 1.0 at quarter time. Couldn't take an intercept mark to save my life, even when I was pressing triangle on vibrate.

I had the same issue, the jump in difficulty is obviously a good thing for a challenge but med to hard is ridiculous.

I’ve been having some good games on medium, 5 min quarters in management mode. I haven’t had a crash on the latest and prior patch which is great (PS4). I’m Currently sitting 6 and 4 with pretty much my last 6 games being between 1 and two goal wins or loses.

Starting to really enjoy it now.

Had a proper 7.5 quarter match (only did a few quick games last night). Hate to say it but even though there are more innovations (play on/advantage calls after a free kick, actually being able to get the cpu ai to give away a holding the ball free kick etc) the game play has gone backward just a bit. I knew teleport tackles were a thing, but during the match I saw 15 instances of teleport game play (and not just tackles, general running play).

Intended on rushing a behind but the game wouldn't let me and teleported me back a bit
7m31np.gif

This was one (poor) example of advantage, play on that backfired on the AI
7m320a.gif

Newcombe gets the quick clearance handball away, further than intended I'm sure :p
7m326d.gif

This is the where I won the holding the ball free kick, AI cleverly avoids running through the goal line.... but gets a tackle for his effort
7m32d9.gif

Can't play online. Just crashes so much. Had the soccer glitch a few times where you can only soccer it.

Online is pretty much unplayable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how this game can go backwards. Coaches as goal umpires again and it hasn’t crashed on mine until this new patch
Deadset taking the piss now

Didn't notice that

Play now ?
Season ?
Management mode ?

Played my game in play now and didn't have coaches as goal umpires. Good excuse to play the game again to see what happens.

I will try my best at explaining the issue with goal kicking which has been in the game since launch.

HdDdEPo.png

Here is the guide in game explaining how goal kicking works in the game. On paper it sounds good but in reality it is not how it works in game.

"Tap B when the meter is in the light blue zone for ideal timing"
OYLKuJX.png

This would suggest that you need to press B when white bar reaches this area.
However if you try to do that, the meter doesn't stop and it ends up being a shank kick.

Instead to achieve the perfect kick, you have to stop the meter short of the blue area and what is worse is the window for perfect timing is so big (hence why everyone complains that goal kicking is too easy).
hKSl8eo.png

You can see in this clip, I stopped the meter halfway and the ball went perfectly straight.

Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have now submitted it as a ticket to big ant support so hopefully they can look into this and finally fix set shots.

I had the same issue, the jump in difficulty is obviously a good thing for a challenge but med to hard is ridiculous.

I’ve been having some good games on medium, 5 min quarters in management mode. I haven’t had a crash on the latest and prior patch which is great (PS4). I’m Currently sitting 6 and 4 with pretty much my last 6 games being between 1 and two goal wins or loses.

Starting to really enjoy it now.

For sure! I found the jump to be too big, especially after dominating on medium. That being said, I don't hate it, just need to actually be able to do stuff, like intercept mark and have the oppo actually miss a set shot.

Glad to hear you haven't had a crash yet on the newest patch. Hopefully that stays that way. Also, 1-2 goal wins or losses is elite, blow outs do get a bit boring after a while.

What the hell is going on with these patches?
Last night I was thinking how good the game was starting to play.

After tonight's patch, I can't spoil at all, marking is impossible and the ai handball over there heads backwards 50 meters.

Has anybody got this mystery marking meter Ross was talking about? I literally have no idea how you are meant to time it?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

This game the Brownlow and all best n fairest awards go to the centre half forwards.

They are unstoppable.

AFL23 All Australian Side
CHF CHF CHF
CHF CHF CHF
CHF CHF CHF
CHF CHF CHF
CHF CHF CHF
CHF CHF CHF

interchange
CHF CHF CHF CHF

Sub CHF

Congratulations to all the CHF on a successful season. Well done

No different to AFL Live where in my season on Hard JK won the Brownlow and Norm Smith double. Lynchy won the Coleman.

Solid improvement in 12 years then.

I will try my best at explaining the issue with goal kicking which has been in the game since launch.

HdDdEPo.png

Here is the guide in game explaining how goal kicking works in the game. On paper it sounds good but in reality it is not how it works in game.

"Tap B when the meter is in the light blue zone for ideal timing"
OYLKuJX.png

This would suggest that you need to press B when white bar reaches this area.
However if you try to do that, the meter doesn't stop and it ends up being a shank kick.

Instead to achieve the perfect kick, you have to stop the meter short of the blue area and what is worse is the window for perfect timing is so big (hence why everyone complains that goal kicking is too easy).
hKSl8eo.png

You can see in this clip, I stopped the meter halfway and the ball went perfectly straight.

In the clip you performed the kick with (McCreery) has the flawless kick animation. Anyone that has that animation is for some reason a lot easier to convert with. Sometimes I mistime the second bar completely and it still goes straight.

Sometimes there’s players that are real life good kicks that have some of the poor animations though that are seemingly much harder to score and time the bar with. I think this is part of where all the confusion comes from also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back