Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

I will try my best at explaining the issue with goal kicking which has been in the game since launch.

HdDdEPo.png

Here is the guide in game explaining how goal kicking works in the game. On paper it sounds good but in reality it is not how it works in game.

"Tap B when the meter is in the light blue zone for ideal timing"
OYLKuJX.png

This would suggest that you need to press B when white bar reaches this area.
However if you try to do that, the meter doesn't stop and it ends up being a shank kick.

Instead to achieve the perfect kick, you have to stop the meter short of the blue area and what is worse is the window for perfect timing is so big (hence why everyone complains that goal kicking is too easy).
hKSl8eo.png

You can see in this clip, I stopped the meter halfway and the ball went perfectly straight.

Looks like we may have this… Tonight’s patch notes mention an improvement to Set Shot Goal Kicking…

Is there a way to make the AI in this game actually intelligent?

They can't read the play at all. I'll be streaming down in the wing, 70m out with only the full forward between me and the goals... and the campaigner wont lead. He either jogs back towards goal, or just stands off to the side.

It's even worse when there's 3 or 4 of your players in the 50, they all just stand still and force you to kick long to a contest.

Please not another 10:50pm patch release like last night, we're old and need sleep :p

jk keep up the good work
Will be out soon, as in now :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t had that at all today on PS5.

It's this randomness that's been reported that's doing my head in. Even on closed platforms like PlayStation.

Can't imagine what it's doing to the poor grunts at big ant forced to release an unfinished and/or untested product and now having to deal with the fallout of that executive decision.

Had Ken Hinkley trying out for a goal umpiring position in my last game just now.. Surprised this bug/glitch is still happening 🤦

Had Ken Hinkley trying out for a goal umpiring position in my last game just now.. Surprised this bug/glitch is still happening 🤦
A geniune Ken Hinkley? I'm still getting a random bald guy in a port polo, yet other coaches are appearing... I've seen most at this stage 👀

I thought that thing where the players would hold their hands up and not handball the ball was a skill issue with me but turns out it was a glitch.

Good to see it fixed.

Game is actually really fun on play now. Management mode is still really cooked though.

I thought that thing where the players would hold their hands up and not handball the ball was a skill issue with me but turns out it was a glitch.

Good to see it fixed.

Game is actually really fun on play now. Management mode is still really cooked though.
Haven't scrolled through the thread or played in the last day or two, are you able to expand on this? Is it more features missing or is there gameplay issues in management mode that don't exist in play now?

ou54m2H.png

I hope those that wanted set shots to be harder are happy
I'm devastated :( :p

Most of my goals came from on the run kicks or extremely close (almost goal square distance), my usual set shots from 50 were not accurate at all :(
Until tomorrow's patch it will be an exploit to kick on the run instead of set shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back