Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Does anyone constantly get the commentating piece saying “he’s going to put this straight through the high diddle diddle”.

I don’t know what it is about it, but it makes me uncomfortable every single time.

That and in my 28 years of watching AFL, I have never heard a goal being referred to as the high diddle diddle.

There's always one overused phrase in every AFL game. My favourite was "HANDS LIKE DINNER PLATES!"

Does anyone constantly get the commentating piece saying “he’s going to put this straight through the high diddle diddle”.

I don’t know what it is about it, but it makes me uncomfortable every single time.

That and in my 28 years of watching AFL, I have never heard a goal being referred to as the high diddle diddle.

That's atrocious. Is it a Kelli Underwood special?

This and the old favourite; "one more and they'll believe!" Starting to get a bit old as well lol

This is why I have commentary turned off lol

Hey diddle diddle is cockney rhyming slang for middle, not for goal.

Lol at all the people saying this game is “unplayable” and “dead in the water”….
This game is already the best AFL game we’ve ever had. Graphically looks amazing and is slowly but surely becoming fun to play. With player movement to some really fun passages of play that you can create. I can’t wait to see more in depth features in the future.

Its already the best AFL game yet, once they fix the player switching, movement a bit more and add in tactics, it’ll be a ripper.

Careful guys you will be disliked into oblivion by the certian usuals soon. 😂

Spoiling is still just not happening for me. How are other people doing it? Just pushing the right stick in whatever direction you want as the controller vibrates? Is there anything else to it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- CHB auto interchange is to blame for dominant CHFs. Need that "secondary position" fix. Sicily and Frost seem to rotate through FB while Hardwick plays CHB.

- the second part of a set shot doesn't matter if you do it early... still goes straight through.

- I found R2+Spoil/Mark works alot better than without R2.

- For people that like Side Camera. Try Far with FOV set to 40 and Height set to mininimum. Best I've found so far.

- Setting a team line up in academy saves it for Play Now.

- You'll be surprised how much more in control of your player you'll feel if you don't sprint while trying to turn, dispose or evade.

- That replay of the ball going through the goal can go. Perhaps a better angle?

- Semi-assisted player change is good but still needs some refining as to when it decides to switch or not.

- Any plans to add a tagging role?

Versed the Dogs and their banner read, "Put some Hawk on ya fork!". Nice. Lobb killed me cos Hardwick was on him most of the game. Was still fun. Really need some tactics!

Spoiling is still just not happening for me. How are other people doing it? Just pushing the right stick in whatever direction you want as the controller vibrates? Is there anything else to it?
I have more success visually with spoiling. I push and hold 'R' in the direction i want when the ball is about 10ft from the contest. I'd say works for me 70% of the time on 'Medium'.

The only way I'm spoiling (or marking for that matter) is being at least a metre Infront of the opponent. Haven't been able to win (or spoil) 1v1 contests whatsoever, regardless of players skills and heights.

Kicked that like my wife

Lol at all the people saying this game is “unplayable” and “dead in the water”….
This game is already the best AFL game we’ve ever had. Graphically looks amazing and is slowly but surely becoming fun to play. With player movement to some really fun passages of play that you can create. I can’t wait to see more in depth features in the future.
Are tactics even available yet?

Been playing tonight and something urgently needs to be done about the auto interchange BigAntStudios. I had it throwing players all over the place especially with positions on player profiles unable to be changed. You guys should look to implement user settings on auto interchange such as manual sub activation, player position lock (auto will not rotate players in to positions they aren't suited for) and a secondary position for all players so the auto interchange knows where to place players outside of their primary position. Seeing Hewago Oea get activated as the sub for Lemmens then put in the Back Pocket was beyond triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back