Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

personally I donā€™t understand the need for changing players stats, especially since they are taken from champion data.

Do people want to make their teams stats be really good to make them OP or make their stats bad to make it more difficult to play?
It's because CDs stats are completely shit and inaccurate

If yesterday is anything to go by, I think for a lot of people. This game is dead in their eyes or is about to be.

It's taken too long to fix in the eyes of people and even the people like me who wanted to help out and fix this game and be positive are tired of the entire debacle on here at this point.

People have pretty much made up their minds here and I don't expect that to change.

Personally, I think it might be best if Ross took a break from the thread for a while and JNT was left to do the announcements and the talking for now. Ross lately seems like he has just been trying to argue with people who have already made up their minds long ago. It doesn't feel like he adds anything to the discussion and all it feels like he does is either argue or take pot shots at people rightly or wrongly at this point. He should have just flat out ignored them long ago. I think that's why people who were willing to give the benefit of the doubt are angry and ready to revolt here.

Instead of just telling us the progress on things and being open and trying to actually rebuild a bridge after this disaster of a launch to inspire confidence in this game to the people who really want to play it and can see that there is promise here when we get to the point of it being a finished game, He's been too busy arguing with the same people he's been arguing with since the start of these threads. I'm tired of it and I'm pretty sure everyone else is tired of it.

I'm all for developers being active within the community. Hell, I applaud it but if most of the time, they're just gonna argue with people and take pot shots at them whether that be people knocking him on this thread again and again, Wicked Witch/Wicked Workshop for their previous efforts and taking the job from Big Ant all those years ago or people who are just trying to help make this game better. Then what is the point? This isn't making the game better. This isn't communicating with the community. It's just a guy getting mad at people because they did something they didn't like.

If this was a guy who was just posting on the internet, Then you can just ignore them and move on but this is the guy running the company. I get that he has pride in his team's work and for the most part, He should but this game isn't up to the point where I think he can be prideful about it. It doesn't really inspire much confidence at the moment and he's starting to alienate a lot of the people here and that perhaps has led to the toxic atmosphere here.

It doesn't feel like we're making much progress at times and instead of just trying to guide us on what the roadmap is or what's going on with this a lot of the time, Most of the notifications I get are arguments with people. It drowns out anything that might actually be of interest to the game and how we get to where we want to be with this.

Am I perhaps venting a little, Yes. But has this been a problem that's been crawling up my arse for a good while and I think is affecting the perception of whether the game will be fixed or if it will even be worth it by the end of it. I'm trying to be as fair and as diplomatic as I can be but if things had been better relationship wise, less toxic and more open, I think people would have been more willing to be patient with things and willing to give the benefit of the doubt more but after a month of all this on top of the bad launch and the mess that was the tread that led up to this...

Patience has run out. People are done with this and I don't blame them one bit.

It's because CDs stats are completely s**t and inaccurate
Hey Taranto just cracked the top 100 in CDā€™s rating for the first time this year

Couldnā€™t agree more, they do have a new relative rating that they are producing. Creating in a far better system than raw data. Doubt we see it till end of the year. Most likely wonā€™t be in the game for some time then

Changing stats is just one reason - having a larger difference between the best and worst teams.

Custom teams allows you to put Tasmania for example into the comp and build them through the draft over the years.

The beauty of management modes in FIFA/2K etc. is the customisation.
Yeah I'm not a fan of libba being rated 91.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I played in the 6ish minutes of game time was more than enough. Didn't want to continue to be frustrated by the gameplay. It feels like the game constantly wants you to do xyz while you want to do something else.

If it's not simple directional movement, it's actual action presses (the game frequently decides to mark or spoil without myself having hit the required button, likewise the AI has also handballed or kicked without myself hitting the button).

Working and playing the game with limitations is fine and can be done, but when you're up against automatic input decisions plus the teleporting animations, the uncontrollable game speed acceleration/deceleration its one frustration after another.

With rucking contests I'm scratching my head on what's meant to have improved in recent weeks ? Player positioning ? I'd love to have full control on where I can move the ball in rucking contests - more than just up/down/left/right. It feels like they are the only choices, as in past games I'd love to get tricky and do diagonally up, diagonally down, diagonally left or diagonally right and have the ball float to the particular area aimed at.

Kicking for goal be it set shots or on the run is the bees knees and the main part of the game that I actually like. I'd just tweak it do it would be possible for players to bomb goals at 70m length :p.

Video on tactics!

Some of these tactics options look promising but there needs to be more diversity than than just attacking - defensive - balanced for the midfield. There needs to be separate tactics for how the midfield sets up at stoppages, how they spread from stoppages and how they play in the possession stage. There also should be separate tactics for the wingers and ruck. There needs to options inbetween high - low and balanced for the forwards. And there needs to be tactics for how the defenders set up in the possession phase not just the defensive phase.

I see some good options that can make the game a lot more interesting then itā€™s is but it looks like few tactics there doesnā€™t seem much variation or room for experimentation.

Some of these tactics options look promising but there needs to be more diversity than than just attacking - defensive - balanced for the midfield. There needs to be separate tactics for how the midfield sets up at stoppages, how they spread from stoppages and how they play in the possession stage. There also should be separate tactics for the wingers and ruck. There needs to options inbetween high - low and balanced for the forwards. And there needs to be tactics for how the defenders set up in the possession phase not just the defensive phase.

I see some good options that can make the game a lot more interesting then itā€™s is but it looks like few tactics there doesnā€™t seem much variation or room for experimentation.
I believe thereā€™s more tactics coming so hopefully along the lines of what youā€™ve said.
Ross mentioned on Michaels stream last night tagging will be coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he say anything else worth noting?
Without being specific he said thereā€™s more coming to management.
That said he said training and/or tutorials will be coming and likely be mini games.

Pro team will come when online is complete and smooth and most likely with Xbox.

Injuries are coming, theyā€™re just not sure on how often/severe. I hope just in line with what is the average across the AFL as a general rule.

Looking into long sleeves/socks up toggle

Havenā€™t looked into individual player tactics with the exception of tagging.

There was more and it was really good to have him in there contributing, but off the top of my head I canā€™t remember what else was mentions.

I saw online there was a glitch where a player was in a neighbourhood street instead of the field ? LOL
Can't believe they even coded that in
There was an issue where the post was hit and then the camera switch to be attached to a player and you could run into the environment - it was there for a day.

Zero to /Ignored in record time.

I saw online there was a glitch where a player was in a neighbourhood street instead of the field ? LOL
Can't believe they even coded that in

I've had the camera zoom out of the ground after a goal. But the funniest (which may have been patched out as its been some time since I've seen it) was where the camera zoomed in on the player who kicked the goal while the player celebrated the goal while starting a nausiating 360 camera doing around the oval. It looked like Wayne's World extreme close up on steroids!

There was an issue where the post was hit and then the camera switch to be attached to a player and you could run into the environment - it was there for a day.

Zero to /Ignored in record time.
I actually had this glitch yesterday when playing a season mode game. Wasnā€™t a massive issue because it was the last 2-3 minutes of the game however the ball hit the post and went into the crowd. The camera just stayed still on the players on the field (which I still could move around) but I just allowed the time to run out and it was game over. A little annoying only because I was 9 pts down and on the verge of winning the game šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø oh well, we move on

If yesterday is anything to go by, I think for a lot of people. This game is dead in their eyes or is about to be.

It's taken too long to fix in the eyes of people and even the people like me who wanted to help out and fix this game and be positive are tired of the entire debacle on here at this point.

People have pretty much made up their minds here and I don't expect that to change.

Personally, I think it might be best if Ross took a break from the thread for a while and JNT was left to do the announcements and the talking for now. Ross lately seems like he has just been trying to argue with people who have already made up their minds long ago. It doesn't feel like he adds anything to the discussion and all it feels like he does is either argue or take pot shots at people rightly or wrongly at this point. He should have just flat out ignored them long ago. I think that's why people who were willing to give the benefit of the doubt are angry and ready to revolt here.

Instead of just telling us the progress on things and being open and trying to actually rebuild a bridge after this disaster of a launch to inspire confidence in this game to the people who really want to play it and can see that there is promise here when we get to the point of it being a finished game, He's been too busy arguing with the same people he's been arguing with since the start of these threads. I'm tired of it and I'm pretty sure everyone else is tired of it.

I'm all for developers being active within the community. Hell, I applaud it but if most of the time, they're just gonna argue with people and take pot shots at them whether that be people knocking him on this thread again and again, Wicked Witch/Wicked Workshop for their previous efforts and taking the job from Big Ant all those years ago or people who are just trying to help make this game better. Then what is the point? This isn't making the game better. This isn't communicating with the community. It's just a guy getting mad at people because they did something they didn't like.

If this was a guy who was just posting on the internet, Then you can just ignore them and move on but this is the guy running the company. I get that he has pride in his team's work and for the most part, He should but this game isn't up to the point where I think he can be prideful about it. It doesn't really inspire much confidence at the moment and he's starting to alienate a lot of the people here and that perhaps has led to the toxic atmosphere here.

It doesn't feel like we're making much progress at times and instead of just trying to guide us on what the roadmap is or what's going on with this a lot of the time, Most of the notifications I get are arguments with people. It drowns out anything that might actually be of interest to the game and how we get to where we want to be with this.

Am I perhaps venting a little, Yes. But has this been a problem that's been crawling up my arse for a good while and I think is affecting the perception of whether the game will be fixed or if it will even be worth it by the end of it. I'm trying to be as fair and as diplomatic as I can be but if things had been better relationship wise, less toxic and more open, I think people would have been more willing to be patient with things and willing to give the benefit of the doubt more but after a month of all this on top of the bad launch and the mess that was the tread that led up to this...

Patience has run out. People are done with this and I don't blame them one bit.
I guess I don't see what you're talking about with toxicity "yesterday" but perhaps as I have those guys on ignore (or the mods have cleaned it up). I don't think I've mentioned WW in years, so no idea what you're talking about there.

If this game was patched in a traditional way then you'd have about one or two patches by now, if weekly four, or if monthly then you'd have one, doing daily patches has allowed for direct input from here to make it into the game, with that comes fatigue but IMO will end up with a better game. If there is patch fatigue then you have the option of not downloading every day.

I actually had this glitch yesterday when playing a season mode game. Wasnā€™t a massive issue because it was the last 2-3 minutes of the game however the ball hit the post and went into the crowd. The camera just stayed still on the players on the field (which I still could move around) but I just allowed the time to run out and it was game over. A little annoying only because I was 9 pts down and on the verge of winning the game šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø oh well, we move on
Good to know - thought it was gone - I will reopen the issue with the team.

Good to know - thought it was gone - I will reopen the issue with the team.
Yeah I had it hapen late last night on PS5 playing online with a friend. He couldn't see any streets though, just blackness and the MCG getting further away from him as he ran. Happened after he hit the goal post from a running shot. Had to reset game.

The rematch was awesome however. No issues besides speccies not being paid, and was really fun šŸ‘Œ

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back