Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the logical solution becuase is attched to a license. it doesn't work that way unfortunately, as much as you want it to.

You can edit or will be able to edit stats in a custom season, so you will be able to in some capacity.

I don't know if that is in yet or not.

Anyway, that's enough on CD stats for one day.
What's the point of a custom season when it doesn't continue onto the next season. Thus why it's pointless

The logical solution is to **** CD off. When you have a game that is lacking depth in terms of game modes and everything else. To take away the key points of customization ruins everything for many ppl.

If true this poor form from CD, lacks of insecurity. If they really wanna make a positive impact on this game they could of helped with making supercoach scores into the game or adding a pressure rating stat. Instead they just piss people off with their shit ratings we can't change .

What would be great is clarification, or at bare minimum a response from Ross.

If I hadnā€™t found this forum/thread I wouldnā€™t know anything about the game outside of its glitches that went around social media a month ago.
Well ross liked one of his comments so thats basically their "confirmation", a disgrace.

Probably the best way to have it. Best of both worlds tbh
No exploiting online play and everyone can do what they want in the offline department
Agree that's the 100% most logical solution and not " Na it's CD they are god, let's accept their ratings where they have fringe players with elite ratings"

I hope the 'three or four' posters you refer to aren't the likes of myself and Dr Jan Itor who are slowing losing hope. We didn't say anything negative about that game but rather express how we felt about the lack of transparency in what is supposed to be in management mode.
Iā€™m not saying anything negative about the game as you said.
Iā€™ll absolutely acknowledge thereā€™s been faults, there remains faults and I think weā€™re still a little bit off where a lot of us would like the game to be.
Iā€™m sure BigAnt themselves would agree itā€™s not yet in the state they envisioned it would be. Hence the hours theyā€™ve put in over the month.
Itā€™ll get there but I think thereā€™s still a bit of work to be done but as always I remain positive.
As for the dropping off, I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m dropping off as it may have been suggested by some posters, getting a little impatient yeah. Wanting to know exactly whatā€™s coming? Yep.
Again Iā€™m not asking for a timeline or dates, I just want to know what fixes and features are coming with some specific info.
Happy to wait, just want to know what it is so I know what to look forward to.

Thereā€™s some posters in here that are kicking the s*it out of the game and thereā€™s others who are absolutely loving it and each of them are more than entitled to their opinion.
I donā€™t love when things get personal from either side, I just try not to get involved if they do. The mods will take care of what needs to be taken care of.
Iā€™m just here for updates on the game and a bit of banter along the way.
Thereā€™s only one poster I have a genuine issue with and believe it or not heā€™s actually one of the positive ones. Itā€™s just the way he projects his positivity in a way that causes trouble that annoys me.

To add my two cents to the current debate topic:

I do believe the ability to not edit stats is a missed opportunity and for some users, myself included a frustrating one.
Every single fan rates different players higher or lower than the next guy and the ability to reflect that in our own management mode would in my opinion make it a lot more fun.

Yes Iā€™m on the more positive side but Iā€™ve also posted a few times when something has bugged me about the game.

End of the day, itā€™s a forum and I personally am all for some healthy debate that gets us the best game possible šŸ‘šŸ»
If it gets personal, just scroll on and let those in charge deal with it

Assuming tonight we're going to get a whopping update that covers the past few days. PS5 owners are pushing almost a week with nothing new. By the looks of it as well, no additional features will be added whilst they're trying to repair the damage of the other patches, but looking forward to the stability coming back into it. Just had a cracking contest for Gather Round 2024 and beat Richmond 98-93. Crazy how much this game fluctuates

To add my two cents to the current debate topic:

I do believe the ability to not edit stats is a missed opportunity and for some users, myself included a frustrating one.
Every single fan rates different players higher or lower than the next guy and the ability to reflect that in our own management mode would in my opinion make it a lot more fun.

Yes Iā€™m on the more positive side but Iā€™ve also posted a few times when something has bugged me about the game.

End of the day, itā€™s a forum šŸ‘šŸ»
Yeah staying out of the big blue that was the last few pages, I agree 100% there with you. Whilst editing current player stats is not something I'm too fussed about as I want them to be what the AFL thinks they are right now, A LOT of people like to muck around with it, develop and nuke certain players and clubs. There's obviously a line though - even without trying I would always get Hawthorn to 94-95 all up within 2 years on Evo by running 2 training sessions which would kill contracts and difficulty for me.

Why is editing stats in season mode any different to editing stats in management mode? Or being able to start a management mode as a custom team?

I'm not really a ratings editor, but the idea that you can't edit official ratings for any reason is pretty absurd to me. As you said, management mode or season mode, what's the difference?

That is precisely the point of allowing the end user to tinker as they see fit...

If the deal with CD has truly tied their hands, that is an abysmal deal. IP law is comprehensive but I would be stunned if CD has such protections on their data. Allowing the user to edit does nothing to the brand of CD, particularly if the game does little to highlight the fact the ratings are coming from that source in the first case.
This excuse is essentially fan fiction that Big Ant have let posters run with. Just like the early build theory that ended up being the final product.

Iā€™m not saying anything negative about the game as you said.
Iā€™ll absolutely acknowledge thereā€™s been faults, there remains faults and I think weā€™re still a little bit off where a lot of us would like the game to be.
Iā€™m sure BigAnt themselves would agree itā€™s not yet in the state they envisioned it would be. Hence the hours theyā€™ve put in over the month.
Itā€™ll get there but I think thereā€™s still a bit of work to be done but as always I remain positive.
As for the dropping off, I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m dropping off as it may have been suggested by some posters, getting a little impatient yeah. Wanting to know exactly whatā€™s coming? Yep.
Again Iā€™m not asking for a timeline or dates, I just want to know what fixes and features are coming with some specific info.
Happy to wait, just want to know what it is so I know what to look forward to.

Thereā€™s some posters in here that are kicking the s*it out of the game and thereā€™s others who are absolutely loving it and each of them are more than entitled to their opinion.
I donā€™t love when things get personal from either side, I just try not to get involved if they do. The mods will take care of what needs to be taken care of.
Iā€™m just here for updates on the game and a bit of banter along the way.
Thereā€™s only one poster I have a genuine issue with and believe it or not heā€™s actually one of the positive ones. Itā€™s just the way he projects his positivity in a way that causes trouble that annoys me.
Love your work
Unfortunately, not everyone can handle an honest opinion if theyā€™re not in agreeance
Letā€™s get this thread back on track anyways. No need for the drama

Why is editing stats in season mode any different to editing stats in management mode? Or being able to start a management mode as a custom team?

Appears management career has been built around champion data & any changes would break it (contracts, player salaries, player development)

Season mode doesnā€™t need to worry about that stuff

Hopefully it changes because it desperately needs to

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hi Ross,

Long shot but any news on the xbox copies? If no news, when can we expect news in regards to release date?

Cheers mate, love the work and look forward to playing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah staying out of the big blue that was the last few pages, I agree 100% there with you. Whilst editing current player stats is not something I'm too fussed about as I want them to be what the AFL thinks they are right now, A LOT of people like to muck around with it, develop and nuke certain players and clubs. There's obviously a line though - even without trying I would always get Hawthorn to 94-95 all up within 2 years on Evo by running 2 training sessions which would kill contracts and difficulty for me.
Which I think would be easily fixed with making earning training points etc a lot harder or unlockable with achievements or performance based.
I could never work out the formula in evo for how it was all awarded. I just check in every few weeks and could suddenly make Shai Bolton go from 92-95.

With the exception of someone like Nick Daicos this year I think anyone going more than maybe a point or two better in a year is too much.
Maybe draftees and players in their 2nd and third year could improve more as well or get a ā€œbreakout yearā€ in that period but after that some of the jumps you could make some players have was crazy. I could get Ivan Soldo to mid 90s in a season and a half!

Not really any different to injuries though? Upside of suspensions is you can take the risk of challenging but with the risk of getting extra weeks, risk v reward again.

Sorry, not sure of your point.

The one I'm making is, I don't think we can realistically expect BA to design a system where it feels fun/fair/satisfying that your 20th hard tackle for the game - where there has been the occasional free kick in the 19 prior - now gives your best player ten weeks off.

If you had longer than 0.25 of a second to see that you were about to tackle with the wrong player, then sure. Inside of a pack that is not going to happen.

Assuming tonight we're going to get a whopping update that covers the past few days. PS5 owners are pushing almost a week with nothing new. By the looks of it as well, no additional features will be added whilst they're trying to repair the damage of the other patches,
This is what I am hoping for as I just want to get back into it, I wonder what will be in it the 'monster' patch (well I hope it's a decent size) :) (Y)

Appears management career has been built around champion data & any changes would break it (contracts, player salaries, player development)

Season mode doesnā€™t need to worry about that stuff

Hopefully it changes because it desperately needs to

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This seems the more likely reason than any contract with champion data.

Assuming tonight we're going to get a whopping update that covers the past few days. PS5 owners are pushing almost a week with nothing new. By the looks of it as well, no additional features will be added whilst they're trying to repair the damage of the other patches, but looking forward to the stability coming back into it. Just had a cracking contest for Gather Round 2024 and beat Richmond 98-93. Crazy how much this game fluctuates
Itā€™s Cricket24 month now mate watch AFL die a slow death now šŸ˜œ

ok nice, I didn't know that!

So based on that with 2K for example, then it makes sense as to why players stats may be editable in all game modes as their is no official license for them so not bound to anything.

Honestly its a lose/lose for any developer with player stats as it is all subjective to each individuals opinion.

Either way people aren't happy in some capacity, it's just the nature of player rankings in games I guess.

Yeah absolutely mate. For the NBA thereā€™s really nothing other than player stats or widespread opinion that dictates who should be rated what. But NBA in itself has some ridiculous ratings systems in the game. I mean what separates a player whoā€™s rated 76 on 3-point shooting to one whoā€™s rated 77 and they shoot the same %? Wild šŸ¤£

I wouldā€™ve liked to have been able to edit players ratings in AFL as I personally think thereā€™s not enough discrepancy in top tier/lower tier teams and also players. We dont need 20 players rated 90+ and glad already thats been changed once.

Sorry, not sure of your point.

The one I'm making is, I don't think we can realistically expect BA to design a system where it feels fun/fair/satisfying that your 20th hard tackle for the game - where there has been the occasional free kick in the 19 prior - now gives your best player ten weeks off.

If you had longer than 0.25 of a second to see that you were about to tackle with the wrong player, then sure. Inside of a pack that is not going to happen.
Itā€™s a tough balance but itā€™s all part of the realism
I think 2 weeks at the absolute most for a tackle and 3 for a bump off the ball.
Maybe once every few games for the tackle ?
Hard one to code in as FIFA has red cards and you canā€™t exactly wave your gun around in a nightclub for 2K to give you a suspension unless youā€™ve reached your 13 flagrants (or technicals?) for the year and get a 1 game suspension

Last edited:
Itā€™s Cricket24 month now mate watch AFL die a slow death now šŸ˜œ
Iā€™m as keen for cricket as anyone but personally would happily wait until the start of our summer when most kids and casual fans will be interested.
Would much rather more time spent perfecting AFL for the moment!
Still keen for cricket when we get it though so I can make myself and keep up my batting average of 6 šŸ˜‚

The comment about no returns and more people playing than ever is a prime example of why some people are annoyed with BA and this title.

The truth of the state of the game doesnā€™t lie, itā€™s half baked with people running out of time and patience. No need to get so defensive about it , everyone knows itā€™s a work in progress which is disappointing.

Iā€™ll say it again but the lack of communication about game modes, lack of footage and release issues is mostly to blame for people not happy. They opened themselves up for people to assume this game was never in a decent state on release day regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back