Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m actually fine with it šŸ˜‰ The player attributes are actually way more accurate than past games. And sure the team ratings are a bit too similar, but ah well.

All in all, the ratings are backed by data.
Also saves me a bit of time so if itā€™s good enough for CD, itā€™s good enough for me.
Wow how disappointing. Would of thought someone like you would be broken inside seeing players like papely rated as 92 , career mode is broken anyways so not like it'll make a difference

I could be wrong but I think having the manual bounce is pretty much a staple of afl games in general. But you do make a point, however manual bouncing is probs something that can be easily added and coded into the game.

Not sure how easy editing stats in management mode would be to implement, considering the stats are already tied directly to the champion data stats and it appears everything else in manage mode flows and is directly impacted from those CD stats. Could be a pain to add and code in the ability to edit stats, atleast in the in short term. Unless there is a real big push for being able to edit players in management mode or itā€™s becomes a big issue for majority of people I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be fixed in the short term.

Big ant has given reasons why itā€™s not available in the game so I think itā€™s something people are just gonna have to let go for the time being and let them focus on the bigger issues with the game.
1. They had it in other games. Even wicked witch had it. It's been a common feature.

2. BA has not said a word about it. Unless someone can show me a quote where they specifically mention the reason why, otherwise they've been radio silent like they are on many things....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. They had it in other games. Even wicked witch had it. It's been a common feature.

2. BA has not said a word about it. Unless someone can show me a quote where they specifically mention the reason why, otherwise they've been radio silent like they are on many things....
Ross mentioned part of the reason why, in the twitch stream of Michaels. He was asked about it and explained the reason that you wont be able todo itā€™s because the devs reckon it will have an adverse impact on player contracts and salaries etc so Iā€™m guessing they have made the decision not todo it. You may not like that answer or the decision but I guess is what it is.
As I said I donā€™t know how hard it would be to code the editing of players into the game šŸ¤·šŸ» specially this late in the piece when itā€™s been a design decision not to.

Wow how disappointing. Would of thought someone like you would be broken inside seeing players like papely rated as 92 , career mode is broken anyways so not like it'll make a difference
At least Papley at 92 can be justified. In past games there were aplenty of absolute shockers. Think, Sam Jacobs 94 and Eddie Bettsā€™ agility in the 70s.

I got excited at 7:11pm, thought something was happening... but it was just the other patch being scrubbed and replaced by the 40mb patch from the other night again :(
Animated GIF

i'd go as far to say that i think the champion ratings are one of the best parts of the game - there's the surface level rating, but what matters is the player archetype and particular skills.

for e.g, jack riewoldt takes speccies but not contested pack grabs. tom lynch is the opposite.

the other side of the debate; if you won't let rating be edited, then you have to update the game at least 2-3 times a season to keep the ratings within check. ryan lester 87 rated, mitch hannan 87 rated is an eyesore but you'd expect this will be amended every time there's a champion data ratings patch.
yeah, charlie dixon having a better set shot rating than todd marshall and equal to darcy fogarty really highlights how accurate champion data are :rolleyes:

and tbh the last rating update gives me little faith the ratings will get any better. They increased Trent Dumont from an 84 to an 86 when he's been playing in the SANFL all season

Last edited:
Ross mentioned part of the reason why, in the twitch stream of Michaels. He was asked about it and explained the reason that you wont be able todo itā€™s because the devs reckon it will have an adverse impact on player contracts and salaries etc so Iā€™m guessing they have made the decision not todo it. You may not like that answer or the decision but I guess is what it is.
As I said I donā€™t know how hard it would be to code the editing of players into the game šŸ¤·šŸ» specially this late in the piece when itā€™s been a design decision not to.
this would've been really great to know at any point before release. or even up to two weeks after release

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back