Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love a real challenge in a game against the computer and love the management mode (love it as real as it can get).
Is it worth getting just yet or wait a little longer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch. Another day , no patch. It feels weird getting annoyed that a game hasn't been patched in a week though - I guess I've gotten so used to the daily wakeup patch that it just feels odd. Wonder what's happened - could it be the same bug that killed day 1 patch has been rediscovered/created and is now wreaking havoc on all their new patches? Might be some witchcraft from the old Wicked Witches getting revenge

Ouch. Another day , no patch. It feels weird getting annoyed that a game hasn't been patched in a week though - I guess I've gotten so used to the daily wakeup patch that it just feels odd. Wonder what's happened - could it be the same bug that killed day 1 patch has been rediscovered/created and is now wreaking havoc on all their new patches? Might be some witchcraft from the old Wicked Witches getting revenge
WTC is on, Ashes week afterā€¦ The moneymaker game needs some work before release šŸ˜‚ I do say that in jestā€¦

My cousin is coming down to stay for a few days , bringing the ps5 so will have a crack at AFL on Sunday at same stage be interesting to see how it plays.

Does anyone know when you get to season 2 in management mode if the fixture changes? Or is it a repeat of this year?
Was bored at work yesterday and not playing the game because I'm waiting for the patches, so I wrote down the 2024 fixture I got as Hawthorn to see how it looked. They actually did a pretty good job with the fixturing:

• Easter Monday clash was there (and not at Marvel yay!)
  • Thursday - Sunday timeslots, no 1pm on a Wednesday game like Evo 2 (a bit unrealistic to give Hawthorn too many primetime games but I was just off a flag so makes sense)
  • Only 4 games scheduled at uTas and most at the MCG, looks like an actual Hawthorn fixture
  • Did have a few teams very soon after each other (eg. Freo in Round 1 and 7, North in Round 16 and 19)
  • I got an easy fixture in terms of playing twice considering I came off a flag, but the AFL don't even get this part right

1686175118564.png

WTC is on, Ashes week afterā€¦ The moneymaker game needs some work before release šŸ˜‚ I do say that in jestā€¦

My cousin is coming down to stay for a few days , bringing the ps5 so will have a crack at AFL on Sunday at same stage be interesting to see how it plays.
SURELY we get the patch by then haha

Admittedly I hadn't played for a couple weeks cos of IRL stuff before last night. Generally played okay and was stable however... how the heck do you reliably win clearances now? Pretty much my mids get ball... get tackled.... stoppage. Repeat. Can't seem to stand up in tackles or shrug them anymore?

Admittedly I hadn't played for a couple weeks cos of IRL stuff before last night. Generally played okay and was stable however... how the heck do you reliably win clearances now? Pretty much my mids get ball... get tackled.... stoppage. Repeat. Can't seem to stand up in tackles or shrug them anymore?

it's painful, I miss the free flowing nature of the game. As a result of the ball up, tackle, ball up, tackle style - goals are harder to come by. For me it's rare to score more than 3 goals in a quarter now. But as a plus side to that it's a lot simpler to keep the AI scoreless regardless of difficulty.

I've been able to side step/evade some AI confrontations by sheer fluke with the controller and going diagonally.

it's painful, I miss the free flowing nature of the game. As a result of the ball up, tackle, ball up, tackle style - goals are harder to come by. For me it's rare to score more than 3 goals in a quarter now. But as a plus side to that it's a lot simpler to keep the AI scoreless regardless of difficulty.

I've been able to side step/evade some AI confrontations by sheer fluke with the controller and going diagonally.
Yeah I've noticed I've been keeping the opposition scores much lower. However, I threw Jai Newcombe in the ruck for a quarter and Richmond blitzed me - 9 goals in about 10 minutes of in game - just clearance central. If I ever win a ruck, I just blindly smack handball and hope it gets out to a player - not uncommon behaviour for the Hawthorn football club

When did they say that CD won't let them allow us to edit stats ? All I've seen is then ignoring this question. If they actually said that then I'll understand. It sucks but I'll understand

Yes you are not their influencer officially but obviously you have more contact with them than us. Hence why I said that. Would like to hear big ant come out and be more transparent and honest. You're a lot more transparent than them

I definitely recall them saying champion data wonā€™t allow the changes. If not those words exactly very close to. It was a long way back though in the other thread.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back