Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Papley at 92 can be justified. In past games there were aplenty of absolute shockers. Think, Sam Jacobs 94 and Eddie Bettsā€™ agility in the 70s.
No it can't be , there's no world where papely is 92
90+ are for your elite A graders let alone 92, in your career he could grow to 95+ unbelievable

Those other examples are also shockers, but most importantly we could CHANGE IT now we can't .

Ross mentioned part of the reason why, in the twitch stream of Michaels. He was asked about it and explained the reason that you wont be able todo itā€™s because the devs reckon it will have an adverse impact on player contracts and salaries etc so Iā€™m guessing they have made the decision not todo it. You may not like that answer or the decision but I guess is what it is.
As I said I donā€™t know how hard it would be to code the editing of players into the game šŸ¤·šŸ» specially this late in the piece when itā€™s been a design decision not to.
As I expected it's the fault of big and and not CD. Other games had contracts and salaries too yet it didn't impact. It's BAs fault for making a system like this which have domino effects on other features , no wonder their patches are causing other issues.

As I expected it's the fault of big and and not CD. Other games had contracts and salaries too yet it didn't impact. It's BAs fault for making a system like this which have domino effects on other features , no wonder their patches are causing other issues.
Ross literally said that positions couldn't be changed because they were licensed. Biggest load of BS I thought but thinking about it now, would be the type of thing CD make BA lock in game if there are such agreements in place that don't allow us to edit players at all. Such a joke

Ross literally said that positions couldn't be changed because they were licensed. Biggest load of BS I thought but thinking about it now, would be the type of thing CD make BA lock in game if there are such agreements in place that don't allow us to edit players at all. Such a joke

CD is notoriously protective of its data which is why BA is not allowed to edit ratings/positions. It's not just BA that is having issues with CD at the moment clubs and the AFL themselves are also having issues with the attitude of CD regarding certain programs.

The question now becomes why did BA licence data from CD instead of curating a system of its own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CD is notoriously protective of its data which is why BA is not allowed to edit ratings/positions. It's not just BA that is having issues with CD at the moment clubs and the AFL themselves are also having issues with certain CD systems.

The question now becomes why did BA licence data from CD instead of curating a system of its own.
I guess the temptation is to let CD do it as it is one less thing for Big Ant to do and being dynamic, it would likely change and add to the authenticity of the game.

and unfortunately the result is ratings that still look like they were done by someone that barely watches footy only now they can't be edited
My question is, do the ratings affect game play much?
I've been making custom teams with players in the 40s and 50s and there doesn't appear to be too much difference. Not sure.

Incredible, literally the point of career mode is to make your own team to manager your way along with customization , so much for the most deepest footy gaming experience

The only thing deep I've seen is they manage to make coaches morph between being an umpire and an actual coach

I've been making custom teams with players in the 40s and 50s and there doesn't appear to be too much difference. Not sure.
It adds to the realism , that's the point, and being able to customize things your way. Otherwise what's the point of creating new teams ?

Incredible, literally the point of career mode is to make your own team to manager your way along with customization , so much for the most deepest footy gaming experience

The only thing deep I've seen is they manage to make coaches morph between being an umpire and an actual coach
Saying that the AFL would love for each club to be as equal as possible. ;)

It adds to the realism , that's the point, and being able to customize things your way. Otherwise what's the point of creating new teams ?
True. I guess that is a potential pitfall of a licenced product...
As for creating new teams, I've reached the upper limit of new custom teams.

It feels different when I've played with VFL/SANFL/WAFL teams compared to AFL teams. When I've been playing against my brother we've actually had more fun with those games because there are more skill errors.

Aside from how I don't think the ratings are good my big question is whether it would affect the sim in management mode to have the ratings more spread out. I simmed a season the other day and both North (who I was controlling) and Hawthorn both made finals which isn't realistic at all. On top of that, 7th through to 15th were separated by only two wins at season's end, which says to me that the ratings are far too close together.

It's actually worse than I remembered, Hawthorn actually finished top

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-07-23-19-10-12_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-07-23-19-10-12_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 89

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back