Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands are tied I suspect. Has to make sure the patch isn't introducing an issue that is worse than something they are fixing, which means a metric shite ton of more testing.
Yes, risk/reward.

BigAntStudios have you guys stopped posting the Steam updates on Twitter because PS aren't getting the same updates for a few more days?
The guys loaded the patch, Twitter guys were not rostered on ATM, they will post later tonight. They have posted the patches pretty fast up until now.

The guys loaded the patch, Twitter guys were not rostered on ATM, they will post later tonight. They have posted the patches pretty fast up until now.
okay coolšŸ‘, was just wondering because, this
1686381676550.png
8th June patch notes also wasn't posted on twitter. So i wasn't sure if you guys stopped posting patch notes on twitter

Someone able to tell me what this is meant to be??

View attachment 1708815
Sometimes if you actioned a kick button combination immediately as the player gained possession, you would need to press again to kick the darn thing. Was especially annoying when trying to perform a quick snap at goals- to only have to re press to activate the goal kicking meter. Hopefully this is fixed now.

Sometimes if you actioned a kick button combination immediately as the player gained possession, you would need to press again to kick the darn thing. Was especially annoying when trying to perform a quick snap at goals- to only have to re press to activate the goal kicking meter. Hopefully this is fixed now.
Fingers crossed!
Just a bit more responsiveness would be awesome.

Ooooft and no crowd either!
Covid lockout?

The shadows options probably need to be like the FPS settings and other options that require the game to be restarted after tinkering with them to take effect. I was experimenting mid game and the first video is what the end result was (also testing to see if the cycling through options would result in a crash and it still does occasionally). But once I reset the settings in the options then started the match it was fine as seen here:

I keep the shadows off most of the time for "stablity" but they are fun to put back on for realism (although I hate the MCG shade!!).

EDIT Ok so there was a Marvel Stadium in "darkness" bug in early May.
Just started a match between Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG and well Gil obviously wanted the AFL to have some romantic mood lighting ? :p

ePA0rYM.png

vGZzOc1.png

Last edited:
The shadows options probably need to be like the FPS settings and other options that require the game to be restarted after tinkering with them to take effect. I was experimenting mid game and the first video is what the end result was (also testing to see if the cycling through options would result in a crash and it still does occasionally). But once I reset the settings in the options then started the match it was fine as seen here:

I keep the shadows off most of the time for "stablity" but they are fun to put back on for realism (although I hate the MCG shade!!).

EDIT Ok so there was a Marvel Stadium in "darkness" bug in early May.
Just started a match between Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG and well Gil obviously wanted the AFL to have some romantic mood lighting ? :p

ePA0rYM.png

vGZzOc1.png

I stand by my comment from then! Itā€™s the pre game ANZAC EVE ceremony!

I kid but if this could be added pre game and teams walk out with no lights for that game it would be so cool!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone on PS4/5 specifically who has been playing consistently in the past week or so, has the player control movement improved? My biggest gripe is how players just struggle to kick/handball and even move where they should especially with certain angles also. Once this is fixed up and the tactics are patched in Iā€™m keen to give it another go.

For anyone on PS4/5 specifically who has been playing consistently in the past week or so, has the player control movement improved? My biggest gripe is how players just struggle to kick/handball and even move where they should especially with certain angles also. Once this is fixed up and the tactics are patched in Iā€™m keen to give it another go.
In my opinion as a general rule it is better but there is definitely moments that make me want to throw the controller still.
That said Iā€™m more easily pleased than most here.

Been having some good matches and a bit of fun on multiplayer but as soon as we try anything against the AI or management mode the game goes to shit.

In my opinion as a general rule it is better but there is definitely moments that make me want to throw the controller still.

Actually I'd say (and I too might be alone here) today's Steam patch it doesn't feel like you get stuck in the mud as often as before. Movement is still a bit stiff at times though. In the games I played there was more "stutter" movement than getting stuck and moving around like a tank (which was equally as annoying when taking a mark, as it was getting stuck when trying to run on after getting a handball). So hopefully by the time the Playstation crew catch up with the updates, it'll reflect a more fluid game.

That said I've noticed (and this might be a new tactics issue ? plus my own default style) once again most of my play action is happening through the center corridor. I'll try to play along the wing more often and see if I can yield different results, but as a result of that I haven't had too many set shots (or even goals on the run) from a tight angle - this week.

Actually I'd say (and I too might be alone here) today's Steam patch it doesn't feel like you get stuck in the mud as often as before. Movement is still a bit stiff at times though. In the games I played there was more "stutter" movement than getting stuck and moving around like a tank (which was equally as annoying when taking a mark, as it was getting stuck when trying to run on after getting a handball). So hopefully by the time the Playstation crew catch up with the updates, it'll reflect a more fluid game.

Thats a relief for Steam users for sure! Yeah I dont know if its player control issues or possibly coding/programming but last few times I tried to play, handballs and kicks didnt work on 45 degree angles (say kicking from the centre to a wing ahead) and that coupled with the CPUā€™s teleporting tackles just had me shrugging my shoulders. Yeah agreed mate, fluidity above everything else for me.

Haha fair šŸ¤£ Iā€™m more inclined to shrug in disbelief and close the game (Which for me was a NBA 2K18 specialty) but hopefully Tuesdayā€™s patch fixes it up a bit.

I looked at management mode once early on, decided against moving forward with it, knowing how often it crashed for people (early May, haven't been tempted to try it since lol).

Submitted a ticket for another issue I spotted. They should know about it already, hopefully it's looked at and fixed during the week.
I think the crashing just Radom cause i am playing management mode with no crashers just finished one season on to my second playing on Ps5

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back