Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands are tied I suspect. Has to make sure the patch isn't introducing an issue that is worse than something they are fixing, which means a metric shite ton of more testing.

Had my first break since launch, about five days. Looking at it with semi-fresh eyes -

- the immediate thing that hits you is how gorgeous the game is to look at, and just how short sighted it feels to be in this forum rubbishing the developer day in day out. There will come a day where you will look like a total goose and it's astonishing to think that so few of you realise this.

- with that out of the way, posters saying it played better before do have a point. The patch last Monday 5/6 took us close I think to how it was. To be specific, I am seeing repeated instances of controlled players refusing to sprint (yes, they have the stamina) or running to a contest and then stopping / walking etc.

I do though notice tackling is more responsive so this is turning into quite the journey. I had my first dour game the other night, something like three goals each and then decided on points, which is probably a good thing. Need to move away from the shoot out dynamic.

And in a huge tick to the tactics, I set my forwards to 'high' last night and during the game had to change them because the defenders were getting too much space around goal, working it up the ground with chips and passes. Another first, really good to see.

I donā€™t think many people have been trashing the visuals of the game to be fair - the stadiums and guernseys are first class, by far the best of any AFL game we have ever seen.

Majority of the shade re - gameplay and missing features has been totally fair though (besides the people wanting to meet Ross for a fight lmao). Itā€™s miles off it atm no two ways about it

Weā€™re fast approaching the mark of 2 months post (original) release date. Launching with bugs is one thing, but launching with a near-broken title that still remains buggy and feature-incomplete at this stage is something else altogether. At this pace, it will seemingly take until the 3 month mark before we have the complete feature-set.

And are we still sticking to the ā€œdelayed shipmentā€ story for Xbox? Surely the 78 year old bloke towing the shipping containers in his rowboat would have arrived from Europe by now.

Happy to accept that mistakes happen. But I will not support a business that blatantly lies to their consumer base, especially when the consumer base is providing an ā€œin good faithā€ relationship to said business. The gumption with which the lies (and continual deflection) were delivered is the cherry on top of this diarrhoea sundae. Like they took a gamble that things would be fixed within a timeframe that they could pass off as ā€œshipping delaysā€, and following up that misjudgement by preaching ongoing denial, spitting pieces of egg out of their mouth as it runs down their face.

Regardless of where you stand on having patience for the game to be fixed or not, there should be no tolerance for this type of behaviour from any business.

Last edited:
I used to love checking into this page to read about peopleā€™s experiences with the game then watching YouTube streams (Michaels - Pink Panter mostly) also BOOD is good value. I watched them to see if the same issues were presenting them selves there plus they are a good watch.

Every time I look in here now itā€™s just petty arguments about irrelevant shit. I think Iā€™ll be just checking in now on patch drop days. If i wanted drama Iā€™d go add myself to a Facebook piss and moan page.

I used to love checking into this page to read about peopleā€™s experiences with the game then watching YouTube streams (Michaels - Pink Panter mostly) also BOOD is good value. I watched them to see if the same issues were presenting them selves there plus they are a good watch.

Every time I look in here now itā€™s just petty arguments about irrelevant s**t. I think Iā€™ll be just checking in now on patch drop days. If i wanted drama Iā€™d go add myself to a Facebook piss and moan page.
Thereā€™s definitely less about the actual game and more someone sharing a thought and then 2 pages of arguing over that point and people repeating their point 900 times!

Weā€™re fast approaching the mark of 2 months post (original) release date. Launching with bugs is one thing, but launching with a near-broken title that still remains buggy and feature-incomplete at this stage is something else altogether. At this pace, it will seemingly take until the 3 month mark before we have the complete feature-set.

And are we still sticking to the ā€œdelayed shipmentā€ story for Xbox? Surely the 78 year old bloke towing the shipping containers in his rowboat would have arrived from Europe by now.

Happy to accept that mistakes happen. But I will not support a business that blatantly lies to their consumer base, especially when the consumer base is providing an ā€œin good faithā€ relationship to said business. The gumption with which the lies (and continual deflection) were delivered is the cherry on top of this diarrhoea sundae. Like they took a gamble that things would be fixed within a timeframe that they could pass off as ā€œshipping delaysā€, and following up that misjudgement by preaching ongoing denial, spitting pieces of egg out of their mouth as it runs down their face.

Regardless of where you stand on having patience for the game to be fixed or not, there should be no tolerance for this type of behaviour from any business.

That's one hell of a torpedo from the center square that Malcolm Blight would be proud of!!

Every time I look in here now itā€™s just petty arguments about irrelevant s**t. I think Iā€™ll be just checking in now on patch drop days. If i wanted drama Iā€™d go add myself to a Facebook piss and moan page.

Thereā€™s definitely less about the actual game and more someone sharing a thought and then 2 pages of arguing over that point and people repeating their point 900 times!
I think this place has turned in to people just wanting to take potshots at the release and big ant rather than talk about the game and the gameplay. Donā€™t want to support game or the developer making the game fine, but maybe keep those opinions to yourself. Donā€™t believe this is the thread for that.
Also people shouldnā€™t be told whether or not there should be tolerance in how the game released or where it is now. The game is where it is and there is nothing we can do about it. Donā€™t want to support big ant or the game then go someone else or play something else.

And yes all the stupid arguments annoy me, I had give up on one yesterday because I was like nah matƩ enough is enough but the other person kept it going for 4 pages.
I donā€™t mind some banter here and there but sometimes itā€™s going too far these days.

Finally got the chance for a couple of hours with the new patch.

And what a waste of time that was.

Love the new strategy BigAntStudios! Release a new patch that breaks a couple of weeks of decent gameplay building, and just throw up your hands and say you'll fix it next week.

I mean, honestly, all you did was make the oppo kick the ball every time they're tackled and make it even more impossible for the player to do so. I just played a 2.5min quarter on extra hard and there were 10 hit outs and no goals. That ball was live in play for, at best, 1 minute. And that doesn't include the tackles that the umpire pays HTB for regardless of whetehr you've tried to dispose of it, or had time to do so.

Do you not realise that people have paid real money for this? Your obstinance in refusing to communicate with your customers in a meaningful way, going as far as to block anyone who gives you negative feedback, is stone age stuff. Hire a communications manager, or stop asking people to give you money for sub-standard products.

I think this place has turned in to people just wanting to take potshots at the release and big ant rather than talk about the game and the gameplay.
People are talking about the game and the gameplay and just because some people have negative opinions doesnā€™t make their opinions any less relevant to those who have positive opinions.

Donā€™t want to support game or the developer making the game fine, but maybe keep those opinions to yourself.
Itā€™s a forum, where people have just as much right to share poor feedback as others do to praise the game. Provided itā€™s done constructively and respectfully, who cares?

Donā€™t want to support big ant or the game then go someone else or play something else.
Why? Did you ever think these people are sharing their frustrations because they just want a good game, regardless of whoā€™s making it?

Even if it wasnā€™t BA developing this the game would have received the same criticisms and negatives but some responses and the behaviour from some individual(s) certainly hasnā€™t helped gain any goodwill from the community.

Again, this is a forum for people to share whatever feedback they have and provided itā€™s done within the site rules, itā€™s fair game.

Edit: What is ridiculous is people disagreeing with peopleā€™s own opinions on the game if itā€™s in any way negative.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steam patch

15.9mb

aoUr8bn.png

Noticed the RADAR hud thing that I mentioned has now been fixed, including being able to turn it off completely in the menu settings :)
Just need to get rid of the set shot hud appearing and staying up randomly (also the running shots at goal meter occasionally appears and stays under a player for a quarter - or sometimes the entire length of the game).

**The set shot pro tip is funny - I've always been leaving it in the red!!! It's the secondary meter that threw me off (until I figured out the differences player by player).

Finally got the chance for a couple of hours with the new patch.

And what a waste of time that was.

Love the new strategy BigAntStudios! Release a new patch that breaks a couple of weeks of decent gameplay building, and just throw up your hands and say you'll fix it next week.

I mean, honestly, all you did was make the oppo kick the ball every time they're tackled and make it even more impossible for the player to do so. I just played a 2.5min quarter on extra hard and there were 10 hit outs and no goals. That ball was live in play for, at best, 1 minute. And that doesn't include the tackles that the umpire pays HTB for regardless of whetehr you've tried to dispose of it, or had time to do so.

Do you not realise that people have paid real money for this? Your obstinance in refusing to communicate with your customers in a meaningful way, going as far as to block anyone who gives you negative feedback, is stone age stuff. Hire a communications manager, or stop asking people to give you money for sub-standard products.

A bunch of us share the same frustration, it's been something of a roller-coaster ride since the game launched. It has had better free flowing game play in the past month, then it got altered. Then it became free flowing once again, and was altered as recently as late last week. Hopefully they'll re-tune it so it's more fun to play as opposed to the ball up tackle stop start nature.

Not sure if they're aiming for proper AFL simulation or simulation combined with arcade. As it looks realistic, but it plays borderline NBA JAM style at times!

Not telling you how to play the game, we all want a decent challenge, maybe lower the difficulty and get used to it, then bump it up as needed when the AI becomes too easy on that difficulty level ?

Last edited:
People are talking about the game and the gameplay and just because some people have negative opinions doesnā€™t make their opinions any less relevant to those who have positive opinions.

Itā€™s a forum, where people have just as much right to share poor feedback as others do to praise the game. Provided itā€™s done constructively and respectfully, who cares?

Why? Did you ever think these people are sharing their frustrations because they just want a good game, regardless of whoā€™s making it?

Even if it wasnā€™t BA developing this the game would have received the same criticisms and negatives but some responses and the behaviour from some individual(s) certainly hasnā€™t helped gain any goodwill from the community.

Again, this is a forum for people to share whatever feedback they have and provided itā€™s done within the site rules, itā€™s fair game.

Edit: What is ridiculous is people disagreeing with peopleā€™s own opinions on the game if itā€™s in any way negative.
Ok firstly this isnā€™t for the people providing feeback, or constructive criticism I have no problem with any of that. People can have opinions on the game itself thatā€™s fine.
I also have no problem with people having negative opinions of the game and providing opinions on the issues they find. Itā€™s important that the issues get picked up and reported so the game can get better.. However do we really need to have people get on here and say they refuse to support the company (big ant etc). Do we really need to know that? Do we really need people to come on here and take direct pot shots at big ant or whomever the developer is. How is taking direct pot shots at big ant and at times Ross really relevant?
Have negative opinions and criticisms with the game fine, point them out and post them but reminding us how crap the game is (this game is shā€¦ etc) and that they refuse to support the company and telling us we shouldnā€™t be tolerating this is probably a step too far, even you would agree to that. Unless you think thatā€™s ok? Genuine question? šŸ˜Š

I have no problem with people voices opinions on the game and you feel negative about the game, thatā€™s ok. Each to their own thoughts but to those taking that further, swearing and carrying on ( this is BS, I ainā€™t supporting this business, we shouldnā€™t tolerate this, any that does is stupid) or if any supports the game or is keeping the faith gets treated like a big ant fanboy or an idiot. You said ā€œbut some responses and the behaviour from some individual(s) certainly hasnā€™t helped gain any goodwill from the communityā€. Itā€™s for those people the ones taking things alittle too far.

Last edited:
Havenā€™t played for a good week due to work (14 hour work days kills). Glad I picked it back up and had a cracking match. on ps5 without any of the new patches.

Defending can be a joy especially spoils and smoothers as demonstrated in the clip below

IMG_2723.jpeg
Back and forth affair and happy to come out with a win.

Agree entirely. I've lost track.
I did suggest in the original thread separating out the feedback from other stuff, but someone said it would create more moderation work.

Agree entirely. I've lost track.
I did suggest in the original thread separating out the feedback from other stuff, but someone said it would create more moderation work.

If this is the amount of garbage that gets let through I donā€™t even want to know what they have to delete. Looks like a new steam patch hit hopefully someoneā€™s streaming at some point. Iā€™m interested to see the tuned double press for kicking or whatever it was.

Havenā€™t played for a good week due to work (14 hour work days kills). Glad I picked it back up and had a cracking match. on ps5 without any of the new patches.

Defending can be a joy especially spoils and smoothers as demonstrated in the clip below

View attachment 1708755
Back and forth affair and happy to come out with a win.

Can't lob kick or lob hand ball it seems.

Yeah not sure how people are still falling for the delayed xbox shipment bs. Guarantee you it would've been sorted within 2 months. This is all because Microsoft won't approve a shit quality game and rightfully so.

People will begin to realise when cricket 24 on xbox drops before AFL 23

Someone able to tell me what this is meant to be??

View attachment 1708815
My guess would be that sometimes Iā€™ve hit the kick button for a short pass and itā€™s been unresponsive so Iā€™ve tapped it again and itā€™s just bombed it 50m.

Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ve fixed that responsiveness?

Purely a guess though, could be totally wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back