Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah something like pre editing stats before starting a management mode career. Or just being able to change stats on the fly in management mode. 🤷🏻
I wouldn’t see an issue with doing on the fly in season mode, but doing it in management mode would defeat the purpose of drafting, player development etc. you’d imagine. I don’t think you can do it on the fly in a coach mode in fifa? I know Football Manager has the ingame editors etc. though. Fingers crossed this patch addresses at least the pregame without having to “copy” the team and not be able use in management mode

I wouldn’t see an issue with doing on the fly in season mode, but doing it in management mode would defeat the purpose of drafting, player development etc. you’d imagine. I don’t think you can do it on the fly in a coach mode in fifa? I know Football Manager has the ingame editors etc. though. Fingers crossed this patch addresses at least the pregame without having to “copy” the team and not be able use in management mode
Yeah, it’s not really something I personally care for myself but I know it’s a big thing for alot of people, to be able todo. Hopefully there can be a middle ground. Will have to wait n see what edit players fully entails.

W
Would like to see it in management mode but you can only use x amount of points/stats per player per week

Finally starting to play the game now

I've seen a 50m penalty be given (but no on screen indicator ?), I'm assuming a player invaded the protected space during a kick in - next thing I know the player with the ball is jogging past the 50m line and taking a kick just over it.

And the AI can't handball to itself, it's handballed straight to my player a few times :p

** Players are tripping over other players and falling on the ground a lot more frequently than I've seen in the past. Happened 6 times in 1 quarter (3.5 mins)
Worrying signs early on?

Ok so after a reboot (Steam wouldn't let me video record or screenshot successfully) the 50m penalty does pop up on the right hand corner. But no other fanfare (whistle etc).

WtKKGkA.png

D-PAD TACTICS
ofFn2hE.png

Last edited:
So turns out it wasn’t licensing that stopped big ant from allowing player stats to be editable
Not to sound like a maxi but you do realise licences are fluid and changeable based on the licence holder. If they spoke to them and agreed to change it (whether in contract or not) means it can change. This stuff isn't binary.

Not to sound like a maxi but you do realise licences are fluid and changeable based on the licence holder. If they spoke to them and agreed to change it (whether in contract or not) means it can change. This stuff isn't binary.

This is more than a generous interpretation - if they were that amenable, they would never have had the limitation in the first place.

Also how do you know the clause didn't state something that required approval before implementing? Anyways, the sinister view you guys have may be correct but none of us know and I feel it's less likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is more than a generous interpretation - if they were that amenable, they would never have had the limitation in the first place.

Things are almost never that black and white in these discussions.

Things are almost never that black and white in these things.

Benefit of the doubt only goes so far when dealing with a repeat offender.

The IP argument never made a lick of sense in the first place; they aren't license holders of physical attributes, their IP is their data, tracking methods and models. It was always a dubious and illogical argument.

Also how do you know the clause didn't state something that required approval before implementing?
Ross literally came out and said numerous times that editing player stats in season, management etc. would never be a thing and the only option would be to look at being able copy and then edit stats.

As they say, never say never!!

W

Would like to see it in management mode but you can only use x amount of points/stats per player per week
Yeah fair call. I guess it would be ok to have there for those that just want to edit stats a bit. If they made it actually based on form/development, then manually updating earnt stat point upgrades wouldn’t be so bad. But it seems they’ve put a lot into the “development/regression” style that JNT mentioned so giving us the option to bypass that would probably just cause drama.

I may be wrong but I don’t remember Evo2 having a natural or auto development/progression - pretty sure it was just all players stayed the same but once you train them every few weeks they’d develop 5-10 OVR that year wasn’t it? I hated that because blokes I didn’t even use would end up on 92 within a year or two, but a bit more tightly controlled could work

I feel like I have better control over handballs.
I may have given a bunch of 50m penalties. Wouldn't mind a commentary line though.
I would sound impolite and needy if I asked for 25m in tomorrow night's patch for the SANFL, so I wont.

If anyone has downloaded any of my custom made teams, you should probably download them again to get the updated colours.

I feel like I have better control over handballs.
I may have given a bunch of 50m penalties. Wouldn't mind a commentary line though.
I would sound impolite and needy if I asked for 25m in tomorrow night's patch for the SANFL, so I wont.

You're not a Bigfooty user if you don't start demanding things!! :p
I think a commentary line for the 50m penalty or an umpire audible call would be great!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back