Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you gave a vague 'tactics are coming' answer last week, but feels like something critical to make the game genuinely fun and not a frustrating uncontrollable experience. Any chance they will be out this week? Or alternatively fixes to the AI so that there aren't random free players forward of the ball so often?

Where do we send the old one?

I know WWE 2k get annoyed when they scan WWE superstars etc and then WWE ends up releasing them, wasting time and resources

Is this the same with you guys with player retirements/coach sackings? Will you look to bring those in for pro team since the work has been done?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey Ross love every thing ur doing to this game making it better every patch just one question do you have a time frame that the free agency will be added

On that note, can we a smiling Rodan scanned in as a goal umpire?
Adam Simpson canā€™t do it alone!

I'd like to see a straight on angle of the goal umpire doing the signals. The diagonal view is a different change up, but adding more angles would be good for variety reasons

The 2023 Indigenous guernseys have only be released a month ago
My point was them using the resources and designing them when they may never actually get approved to be in the game.

Not odd at all.

There is not one licensed sports game that doesn't have issues with the timeliness of approvals/sponsors/rights holders, intellectual property and moral rights go way beyond what most people envisage.
Oh I know how it works.

If you anticipate and/or announce something will be in your game i.e state leagues, youā€™d think that this would be sorted out well in advance to ensure you can deliver on your advertising.

Every other sports game deals with the same licensing concerns and they can manage to have all the teams/leagues in at a launch.

As I said, Iā€™m completely aware of just how prolonged and intensive obtaining permission, licences etc. is but developers anticipate that and are proactive in sorting these things well in advance of a game releasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know WWE 2k get annoyed when they scan WWE superstars etc and then WWE ends up releasing them, wasting time and resources

Is this the same with you guys with player retirements/coach sackings? Will you look to bring those in for pro team since the work has been done?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Always hoping, changing their hairstyle pisses us off enough, let alone leaving the game altogether.

Always hoping, changing their hairstyle pisses us off enough, let alone leaving the game altogether.
Coach select/contracting in management mode a good way to keep them in... ;)

Can't imagine how frustrating it is to keep up with list changes etc as well in a game like this. Mountain of work out the door within months.

My point was them using the resources and designing them when they may never actually get approved to be in the game.

Oh I know how it works.

If you anticipate and/or announce something will be in your game i.e state leagues, youā€™d think that this would be sorted out well in advance to ensure you can deliver on your advertising.

Every other sports game deals with the same licensing concerns and they can manage to have all the teams/leagues in at a launch.

As I said, Iā€™m completely aware of just how prolonged and intensive obtaining permission, licences etc. is but developers anticipate that and are proactive in sorting these things well in advance of a game releasing.
Except that this not even close to true. There are plenty of items missing from other sports games through the years, from the biggest to the smallest.

Some teams don't even have sponsors for all categories as at two weeks before launch, making it impossible to have them correct.

BTW: Not so sure you "know how it works" - This is a licensed product, to clarify things 10000% - it's not our job, nor that of any developer operating under a license to gain content or negotiate it.

Last edited:
Speaking of hairstyles, the excitement in my son's voice when he realised that your team has upgraded Josh Rachele's cut from the short back and sides to the mullet... thank you BigAntStudios :thumbsu:

BigAntStudios 100% need a diving mark animation added in a future patch.

Mainly for the moment where a player only just makes it to the ball in time. Right now it looks like the player is bending down and scooping the ball off the floor and paid as a mark. Just a very unnatural marking action. Will try and provide a clip as reference when I come across it again.

I just had a game with the Bays vs South. Very nice. Guernseys look pretty good. The likenesses are generic but entirely fine. I wouldn't play McBean down back, but hey. The only thing is the purple boots are everywhere.
Rather impressed. Well worth the wait.

Not so sure you "know how it works" - This is a licensed product, to clarify things 10000% - it's not our job, nor that of any developer operating under a license to gain content or negotiate it.
It is the developers job to know what youā€™re approved to use in your game regardless of who is responsible for licensing.

So you advertise state leagues but was there an asterisks there saying that would be dependent on content approval after the game launches?

BigAntStudios 100% need a diving mark animation added in a future patch.

Mainly for the moment where a player only just makes it to the ball in time. Right now it looks like the player is bending down and scooping the ball off the floor and paid as a mark. Just a very unnatural marking action. Will try and provide a clip as reference when I come across it again.
Evo 2 tought us diving marks are not a good idea.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Speaking of hairstyles, the excitement in my son's voice when he realised that your team has upgraded Josh Rachele's cut from the short back and sides to the mullet... thank you BigAntStudios :thumbsu:
Any chance you can change Sam De Koning's hair to something more like Tom Stewart's or Mark Blicavs? His carpet type operation he's rocking currently bothers me more than it should :p BigAntStudios

I just had a game with the Bays vs South. Very nice. Guernseys look pretty good. The likenesses are generic but entirely fine. I wouldn't play McBean down back, but hey. The only thing is the purple boots are everywhere.
Rather impressed. Well worth the wait.
I noticed the purple boots when playing as South Adelaide too

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back