Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same thing with the Indigenous guernseyā€™s. Very odd that things werenā€™t sorted and approved well before the actual game released.
Not odd at all.

There is not one licensed sports game that doesn't have issues with the timeliness of approvals/sponsors/rights holders, intellectual property and moral rights go way beyond what most people envisage.

Must be a day for it as half our office were out with Flu/Covid.
It's been a bad couple of months, but today very bad, Flu/Colds everywhere.

Not odd at all.

There is not one licensed sports game that doesn't have issues with the timeliness of approvals/sponsors/rights holders, intellectual property and moral rights go way beyond what most people envisage.
Very true. Most people have no idea how intellectual property works. Everyone wants their piece of the pie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true. Most people have no idea how intellectual property works. Everyone wants their piece of the pie.
I occasionally do a guest lecture on IP Law at a law school, my go to, to start class discussions is a five second clip of RLL4 that has 500+ pieces of individual IP contained within it.

There is not only the rights holders, there's also their obscure wishes, let's say a property owner does not want their property placed near gambling, alcohol, etc. or even presented with X minutes of them. Then there's the straight our platform holder issues of guerilla marketing issues.

Is this a good thing, or are you taking the Mickey out of it.

IDK if it's a placebo effect, I guess it's good as if it is a thing we can now match the AI speed and hopefully won't get outrun in crucial moments.
But ultimately it was a pain in the arse (Evolution 2 was like this - especially on pc).

**** this game - too realistic. 20 seconds to go, throw in at my centre half forward, thump it forward, Pies switch it and Noble marks at half back. Transition forward where WHE marks 40m out and kicks a behind after the siren. If he kicks the goal it's basically Dreamtime revisited.

In all seriousness, now that the movement bug is fixed the game is fun enough again. Marking is definitely OP now, can win basically any 1 on 1 on Hard unless in awful position. I think the vibration needs to go, or more skill needs to be incorporated some other way. Too easy with the vibration on, and as others have said no point spoiling.

Only other gripes now are tackling being inconsistent, handballs often going where not aimed and the odd handball being launched 100m, also the ball occasionally bouncing like it's just hit a boost in Mario Kart. Between these and the obvious AI issues with players milling around in weird positions and not manning up, there are enough issues to be frustrating, but enough quality to be fun. Hopefully these issues can be fixed without re-introducing old bugs, and the game could be genuinely, consistently fun by the end of the week.

1684756428941.png

I occasionally do a guest lecture on IP Law at a law school, my go to, to start class discussions is a five second clip of RLL4 that has 500+ pieces of individual IP contained within it.

There is not only the rights holders, there's also their obscure wishes, let's say a property owner does not want their property placed near gambling, alcohol, etc. or even presented with X minutes of them. Then there's the straight our platform holder issues of guerilla marketing issues.
Sounds like a nightmare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back