Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got home from being away for work.. Updated the game on PS5. 1.022 Patch. Whilst I appreciate the effort and added details put in, it seems like a step backwards... Continued my season and the game seemed so choppy in areas. Animations not working smoothly, animations skipping and happening super fast... ball high in the air, all of a sudden ot drops hard. Hard to explain but it just didn't seem right.

Got home from being away for work.. Updated the game on PS5. 1.022 Patch. Whilst I appreciate the effort and added details put in, it seems like a step backwards... Continued my season and the game seemed so choppy in areas. Animations not working smoothly, animations skipping and happening super fast... ball high in the air, all of a sudden ot drops hard. Hard to explain but it just didn't seem right.

Try playing in play now, I think the old season/management mode saves don't combine well with the new patch ? I noticed a few things that were warped in an older season save vs what was happening in my tested play now matches.

Don't get me wrong as I posted earlier there are still teleport tackles/marks and other glitchy moments present. But I noticed a lot more rougher things that were occurring in an older season save, that I have not seen in the play now matches I've played.

For all of my drama's with the game in recent weeks (think I said I'd only rate it a 5-6 out of 10)..... I'd currently give it a 7 7.5 out of 10 (subject to change, if they remove the smothers/ball stripping feature and make set shots/shots on the run even harder now that I've mastered the current changes... GRRRRRR haha).

Maybe try a new save, my experience with this update is the opposite... Still some work to do, but lots of improvements.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree feels like I am on skates Sometimes I keep thinking there something wrong with my left analog stick

There's definitely a bug with the ball hitting the post from a set shot in the newest build. Took a set shot, ball hit the post, bounced off the sponsor boards and back into play where I was able to pick up the ball and get tackled over the line for what would have been a throw in. This caused the game to crash when the transition effect played.

Opposition AI had a free run into their forward 50 - none of my AI teammates nor myself could get to where the ball carrier was going.

Road Runner opposition AI comes from out of nowhere to get the ball

Yep AI seems to be broken, swarm the ball carrier don't run away from the ball!!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compared to release the game is miles ahead. Pretty fun now, but still a bunch of frustrating issues.

Auto-interchange is still cooked. Every game Draper is swapped for Harry Jones, and with how important the ruck is against the AI, I'll just get pummelled in the centre bounce. Easy way to have momentum s**t on you. Player roles are not moving with the player, but staying with the position it's set to.

In the centre bounces I'm guessing the auto-contested movement drags the player to the ball, but they don't drag them to the ball drop, it'll drag them to the place where the ball last was (where it was bounced) leaving a nice clear path for the AI.

Still impossible to take quick shots at goal. The on the run meter is pretty good now and no issues with that, but by the time you collect the ball, your player actually registers they have the ball, and you power up a shot, you've been tackled 30 seconds ago. Either the meter needs to move faster, or the target needs to be wider when closer to goal.

The AI does not have a freekick ever called against them. The old get tackled, everyone pauses, they grab the ball and * off for a goal is still happening.
With the ruck, make sure you set-up a backup ruck in the team selection before a game. I always have Phillips swapping with Draper using auto interchange

Goal kicking on the run is a lot of fun. Please for the love of god, do not change this again. You know the saying, if it ainā€™t brokeā€¦ (for once šŸ˜‰)

Set shot goal kicking is still a bit of wtf. Would be nice to know where the sweet spot is

Wind still in Marvel ? Come on now. This is something WW would have been roasted about by a certain individual

The 10 metre protected area FINALLY stops players getting stuck in front of the man on the mark. However itā€™s also introduced a new problem.
Canā€™t move any of your players around that area which leads to open players further down the ground. If this game just had 50m penalties like every single other AFL game ever, this could easily be fixed and just penalise us if we donā€™t move. Canā€™t believe this is still an ongoing issue šŸ™„

Handballs seems much better. Still canā€™t quite pin point certain players especially going backwards to go forwards. Almost impossible to handball to the player you want to. But forward handballs seems much improved

Centre bounces. Rinse and repeat tbh. Boring. Needs more variety with players setting up even if you canā€™t change it yourself, have the AI do it at times

Tackling still needs heaps of work. Currently the worst part of the game aside from players getting stuck around the mark which allows for easy AI goals
Even worse after you lay a tackle and the ball spills out. Itā€™s like the AI have a 5 second rule where we canā€™t touch them if they pick it up

Overall, game is much more fluent and actually somewhat enjoyable now.

Try playing in play now, I think the old season/management mode saves don't combine well with the new patch ? I noticed a few things that were warped in an older season save vs what was happening in my tested play now matches.

Don't get me wrong as I posted earlier there are still teleport tackles/marks and other glitchy moments present. But I noticed a lot more rougher things that were occurring in an older season save, that I have not seen in the play now matches I've played.

For all of my drama's with the game in recent weeks (think I said I'd only rate it a 5-6 out of 10)..... I'd currently give it a 7 7.5 out of 10 (subject to change, if they remove the smothers/ball stripping feature and make set shots/shots on the run even harder now that I've mastered the current changes... GRRRRRR haha).
7.5/10? Low expectations.
Lots of work to do and online is currently not working properly. Play now being 7.5/10 for $99 is not good enough

7.5/10? Low expectations.
Lots of work to do and online is currently not working properly. Play now being 7.5/10 for $99 is not good enough

Hey I said I originally viewed it as a 5-6.5 game and a lot of the issues I've had with it have reduced. I'm still not in love with the game!

Goal kicking on the run is a lot of fun. Please for the love of god, do not change this again. You know the saying, if it ainā€™t brokeā€¦ (for once šŸ˜‰)

Set shot goal kicking is still a bit of wtf. Would be nice to know where the sweet spot is

Wind still in Marvel ? Come on now. This is something WW would have been roasted about by a certain individual

The 10 metre protected area FINALLY stops players getting stuck in front of the man on the mark. However itā€™s also introduced a new problem.
Canā€™t move any of your players around that area which leads to open players further down the ground. If this game just had 50m penalties like every single other AFL game ever, this could easily be fixed and just penalise us if we donā€™t move. Canā€™t believe this is still an ongoing issue šŸ™„

Handballs seems much better. Still canā€™t quite pin point certain players especially going backwards to go forwards. Almost impossible to handball to the player you want to. But forward handballs seems much improved

Centre bounces. Rinse and repeat tbh. Boring. Needs more variety with players setting up even if you canā€™t change it yourself, have the AI do it at times

Tackling still needs heaps of work. Currently the worst part of the game aside from players getting stuck around the mark which allows for easy AI goals
Even worse after you lay a tackle and the ball spills out. Itā€™s like the AI have a 5 second rule where we canā€™t touch them if they pick it up

Overall, game is much more fluent and actually somewhat enjoyable now.

I disagree, goal kicking is now too difficult. Thereā€™s no easy way to know if youā€™re doing the right thing for set shots you can have it timer perfect and it just goes too spray.

On the run goals are too difficult to get out now on hardest because the pressure of AI is there constantly so youā€™ve got no time to hold down the button. In the goal square or straight in front it needs to be a simple press like it wasā€¦

I disagree, goal kicking is now too difficult. Thereā€™s no easy way to know if youā€™re doing the right thing for set shots you can have it timer perfect and it just goes too spray.

On the run goals are too difficult to get out now on hardest because the pressure of AI is there constantly so youā€™ve got no time to hold down the button. In the goal square or straight in front it needs to be a simple press like it wasā€¦
I havenā€™t had that issue with on the run tbh and I play on Hardest. Started the game off 0.5 and thought I was gonna be agreeing with these opinions but ended up kicking 15.9 and I reckon 12 of those were on the run. Think I just got used to it relatively quickly but Set shots I agree with.
NFI how they work anymore

On the run goals are too difficult to get out now on hardest
Sounds like you need to change the difficulty or improve your skill. I want it to be almost impossible on hardest

Played a few games this afternoon on hard with the latest patch.

Love both on the run and set shot goal kicking now, Iā€™m actually missing shots if I donā€™t time it.

With set shots Iā€™ve noticed that I tend to press circle quite early once it reaches the blue, so after a few shots drifting to the right (with a right footed player), I made the decision to aim the reticle towards the left goal post, while also adjusting for wind and that has worked a treat. Didnā€™t need do that before with set shots when it was piss easy, so this change with set shots is welcomed as it made me think about what was going wrong and forced me to make adjustments.

One thing I would love to see is the on the run goal kicking indicator be a bit larger, as someone who plays in broadcast normal and sometimes far it is kinda hard to see. Or you know what add some colour to it.

First time itā€™s happened but I was able to get in a pretty important jumping smoother which saved a goal, a perfectly timed tap of r1 saved me from conceding a late goal heading into half time.

Handballing is more responsive Iā€™ve found, and didnā€™t have any random handballs go 25m. I thing I would love to be able to adjust is the speed in which it charges up, as I would make it quicker.

Was able to get 9 tackles in for the whole match and most of them happened after the center bounce (holding r1 for homing and pressing tackle works a treat for me) (3.5 min qtrs)

Got paid a push in the back and had one holding the ball paid for me, which was nice

Manual player switching hasnā€™t gotten betterā€¦ā€¦.but still alright enough to be able to switch players in time and take around 11 intercept marks from j.Henry in my def 50

Player positioning in marking contest and jostling is in my opinion really needed and hope it makes a appreance soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back