Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ps5 latest patch on Play now.

I lost 0.8 (Haw) to 9.4 (PA) on hardest with 5 min quarters.

I may have to use another camera angle or get my eyes checked because for the life of me I can not see the "on the run" goal kicking meter. I see a tiny bar fill up underneath me but it's VERY small. I use Side normal, FOV 100, so that may be the issue. Still, I can't find a better angle.

Love the new set shots. Very risky kicking from 50 but that's good. The set shot bar still glitches and stays on the screen for a while after some goals though, covering the radar. Speaking of the radar, I'd love for the colours to be more noticeably different.

No one on the line for set shots after the siren and a few other things that have been mentioned here were my only other qualms. Still can't set roles as the away team. Switching not working well. Etc.

Other than that, (and speccies online still not working šŸ˜‰), I'm enjoying Play now. Look forward to doing a career after it gets some love and attentionšŸ‘

I really don't rate the set shot camera angle for opposition kicks. Would like to be able to see the field and position strategically, or get someone on the goal line. And just find it kills the immersion for me, why would I want to see my opponent that close up kick for goal.

Snaps and banana goals are still not working properly. Iā€™ll go perpendicular and stop the cursor in the correct spot, and sometimes it will go in, other times it will go out on the full. Also not able to have quick snaps for goal in pressure. Most snaps lag and take too long.
I get pretty good resultsā€¦ remember that they bend a lot more than drop puntsā€¦ so if you add wind into the mix, it could turn a lot!

AFL 23 - Snap on the Run with the new Goal Meter (PS5 Patch 22)

I get pretty good resultsā€¦ remember that they bend a lot more than drop puntsā€¦ so if you add wind into the mix, it could turn a lot!

AFL 23 - Snap on the Run with the new Goal Meter (PS5 Patch 22)

Yes but you only get good results if you are well in the clear , with no defensive pressure around you. If you try to snapshot in congestion you always get tackled, and rarely get it away

Had barely ventured into online but thought I'd tick that trophy off while the rest of the family was asleep. 3 opponents in a row quit as soon as I got 2-3 goals ahead. For some reason only 1 counted as a win. So then I decided to sandbag to try and get a complete game. Played against a dude and could've blown it out but pretended to shank a few easy kicks to stay 2 goals up at 3QT.

Well old mate was sandbagging the sandbag. He came out in the 4th and blew me off the park.

Got the trophy to pop though.

Yes but you only get good results if you are well in the clear , with no defensive pressure around you. If you try to snapshot in congestion you always get tackled, and rarely get it away
Yeah, would love a magical quick snap ā€¦
But it should be tough in trafficā€¦normally skewed in opposition get a hand on you. Not always holding the ball as it is now.

Well as you guys are clearly showing that the umpires have different logos and during state games then this needs to be hopefully corrected. I'd also imagine that the main AFL commentators don't call for these matches either so perhaps that should be addressed too.

Correcting the umpire logos would be a simple fix, not sure about the commentary though. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™m certain wind isnā€™t being applied to current career saves but I have got the changes to goal kicking

Is wind meant to be in every game or is it random?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wind is reasonably random - we are looking why it is not is career saves.

What if the set-shot aiming cross changes colour depending on the distance the player can kick? Depending how far youā€™re out from goal and the players attributes, could be red for too far out, orange/yellow for on the distance and green for good to go. Thoughts?
Good idea. Will workshop it on Monday.

BigAntStudios Just wondering if you run it across the team for a save point a the start of every quarter or end of quarter thanks
This was looked into but would take up too much space.

There's definitely a bug with the ball hitting the post from a set shot in the newest build. Took a set shot, ball hit the post, bounced off the sponsor boards and back into play where I was able to pick up the ball and get tackled over the line for what would have been a throw in. This caused the game to crash when the transition effect played.
This has been fixed in tonight's patch.

I really don't rate the set shot camera angle for opposition kicks. Would like to be able to see the field and position strategically, or get someone on the goal line. And just find it kills the immersion for me, why would I want to see my opponent that close up kick for goal.
Agreed. I will get this changed.

Well as you guys are clearly showing that the umpires have different logos and during state games then this needs to be hopefully corrected. I'd also imagine that the main AFL commentators don't call for these matches either so perhaps that should be addressed too.

Correcting the umpire logos would be a simple fix, not sure about the commentary though. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
A lot of work and unlikely to be done in the short term. There are licensing and approval issues, and of course we will not have scanned any of them.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to do is to simulate multiple games instead of 1 at a time, where I can simulate games using the fixture/calendar and only play certain games (e.g, play R1 then skip to R9, instead of playing R1 then manually skipping R2, R3, R4 until I get to R9 which takes time). I think there is something similar to that with season mode but not management mode.
Hey BigAntStudios any plans to include something similar to this in management mode, since it already exists in season mode?

Hey BigAntStudios any plans to include something similar to this in management mode, since it already exists in season mode?
If you can please send a suggestion to support.bigant.com it will get to the team faster for them to discuss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next patch will be on Monday and shall include tactics.

Very good!!

I don't know if this Is a user error on my part or not but I still noticed in my existing management saved game at least, that I'm still unable to tackle the opposition midfielders from centre bounce.

I'm tempted to start a new career to see if it picks up all the changes just in case!

Also drafted a Kade Cockshell with a pick in the 100s.

Big forward.

Cult hero status already with the name alone.

We had plenty of fun with it on stream tonight!

It would be great if there was player growth though. The dudes marking is poor for a 201cm forward but I'd love to be able to train him up in specific areas.

Another Friday patch where the game feels a bit more like Evo 2. Handballing is harder, the AI is doing stuff that you cannot and kicking is slower again. It's almost like there's an ex WW guy doing the Friday shift, I know it's not the case but this is the second or third time this has happened.

Like -
  • punching clearly being a lower risk option in the animation - you can see the fist at the highest point
  • due to the above, becoming really important to act fast with a turnover
  • goal kicking is getting much better. Can't say I fully understand exactly how it works it which might not be a good thing, but I like it.
  • the game feels tighter and more congested, great stuff.

Dislike -
  • we're back to not being able to handball while tackled again, unless you do so the instant you get the ball. All well and good but the opposition can do as they please which is frustrating.
  • still on handball - no feeling of control over the direction. Just got to tap x and pray.
  • the opposition being tackled to the ground, standing up, picking up the ball and getting a disposal off while your controlled player stands there frozen on the spot - urgh!

I personally believe the point of management mode is to not sim through it and miss games.
Itā€™s all about the selection of teams each week and all the other stuff.

Iā€™m all for the option visual sim each game and you can coach from the sidelines but I donā€™t agree with physically skipping games for example with Richmond playing Anzac Eve and then skipping to Dreamtime. I think it defeats the purpose of management mode.

I personally believe the point of management mode is to not sim through it and miss games.
Itā€™s all about the selection of teams each week and all the other stuff.

Iā€™m all for the option visual sim each game and you can coach from the sidelines but I donā€™t agree with physically skipping games for example with Richmond playing Anzac Eve and then skipping to Dreamtime. I think it defeats the purpose of management mode.
Yeah agree and like using the sub and getting injuries

Another Friday patch where the game feels a bit more like Evo 2. Handballing is harder, the AI is doing stuff that you cannot and kicking is slower again. It's almost like there's an ex WW guy doing the Friday shift, I know it's not the case but this is the second or third time this has happened.

Dislike -
  • we're back to not being able to handball while tackled again, unless you do so the instant you get the ball. All well and good but the opposition can do as they please which is frustrating.

• the opposition being tackled to the ground, standing up, picking up the ball and getting a disposal off while your controlled player stands there frozen on the spot - urgh!

It seems to vary patch by patch, I loved the Thursday night patch. Game played substantially slower which made the game better imo.

Friday nights patch the overall game speed was back to playing in fast forward mode. Upsets the rhythm!!

I've seen the second point happen a lot, but over the last week tackling has increased and gotten better. When it hapoens and if I've other players nearby I'll switch to the free player to re-tackle the opponent with the ball again. Unsure if the method will work with this patch or not.

I liked dishing out the ball while getting tackled. Its a bit qnnoying having to adjust how we play patch by patch.

Really hoping in the patch on Monday that the tactics include injuries.. then itā€™s just adding the state teams to management mode stopping me from starting a coach career

Since the update a couple of days ago, the game glitches time to time when a behind is kicked, and the players just stand around.

Also crashing from time to time now (I had no issues before hand.

Oh well, it's only the 3rd quarter, and I'm tanking it for the come from behind trophy (lose after being in front at 3/4 time)

Also. Sub can't be subbed on manually

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back