Attachments

• 1686052087001.png
    1686052087001.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 1684579372012.png
    1684579372012.png
    805 KB · Views: 27

Still a patch šŸ˜Š

Ross did say the patches wouldnā€™t be as often so maybe this is a little bonus to go with the PS5 one over night tonight.
I reckon weā€™ll get another solid one by the weekend šŸ¤žšŸ»

wwe-wwe-fan-mad.gif

It's not as playable as it was, oh well I'll always have Evolution 1/2 :p

Improved Speccies
Improved Stability

LOL :-/

Ok so I saw maybe one speccie every couple of days while playing multiple matches since they were introduced.

So far after tonights patch I've witnessed 16 speccies in a half (3.5 minute quarters) lol, just slightly overdone like the automatic handballs and the tackle evades etc etc :p. Only 2 of the speccies were user controlled by me, the others were either AI opposition or teammates.

The final 90 seconds of a match was literally ball up, get possession, get tackled, ball up rinse and repeat.
Having flashbacks to what AFL Live was like and that was horrible! Much rather the free flowing play instead of stop/start affairs.

Teleporting collisions FTW :( meant to be a contest for the ball, but a pretty silly collision bug.

Last edited:
Michaels good job on the stream but far out the game play looks shocking to put it nicely. Not sure how it could be enjoyable experience looks like the marking is luck of the drawā€¦

It has gone so far backwards in 5 days its so bewildering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched that entire stream and wow that was all kinds of bad. Not Michaels fault but it looked big ridden the entire way through and not sure how anyone could sit there and actually have fun without being super frustrated.

I mean it probably doesnā€™t bode well when the talk about phones and the new F1 game is more exciting than the game happening on the streamā€¦

Michaels sounds like once F1 is out next week youā€™ll be be up sinking way more time into thatā€¦

Michaels good job on the stream but far out the game play looks shocking to put it nicely. Not sure how it could be enjoyable experience looks like the marking is luck of the drawā€¦
Not sure if you caught last nights stream or not as well, but the marking and overall game play last night I felt, and strictly IMO, was the best it had been in terms of all round balance (not withstanding there were still things to improve).

But since the patch from tonight I felt the gameplay tonight unfortunately took 2 big steps backwards.

that was really tough to play.

Went 3 or 4 games in a row where I was lucky to score 3 goals across all of the games combined and I could not take a mark inside 50 at all, was just impossible. the goals I kicked came from on the run players.

This was very prominent on Hard and Hardest.

I just tried a game on Medium and it still happened but I found my players were definitely marking it a bit more than the previous games.

The new speccie animation looks nice, adding in that it knocks players over adds a bit of realism too, but unfortunately I think it has somehow broken the marking / spoiling balance that we had last night.

Tonight was also the most amount of bugs I have noticeably seen in a game as well. Long stretchy hair following a player, random players 'dancing' inside 50 etc.

Hey Ross is the free agency thing fixed so you can sign people
I tested this and still no love from what I could see. De-listed free agent still hopes a trade can be done.

I also am not sure If i was doing it correctly, but I think I was clicking the right things :p

Not sure if you caught last nights stream or not as well, but the marking and overall game play last night I felt, and strictly IMO, was the best it had been in terms of all round balance (not withstanding there were still things to improve).

But since the patch from tonight I felt the gameplay tonight unfortunately took 2 big steps backwards.

that was really tough to play.

Went 3 or 4 games in a row where I was lucky to score 3 goals across all of the games combined and I could not take a mark inside 50 at all, was just impossible. the goals I kicked came from on the run players.

This was very prominent on Hard and Hardest.

I just tried a game on Medium and it still happened but I found my players were definitely marking it a bit more than the previous games.

The new speccie animation looks nice, adding in that it knocks players over adds a bit of realism too, but unfortunately I think it has somehow broken the marking / spoiling balance that we had last night.

Tonight was also the most amount of bugs I have noticeably seen in a game as well. Long stretchy hair following a player, random players 'dancing' inside 50 etc.
**** thatā€™s disponting

Got new issues tonight in online that I havenā€™t seen before.

Enter a game, during the warm up cut scenes the game freezes on a frame of players warming up and you have to quit out as it doesnā€™t progress any further, just has players bouncing back and forth on the warm up screen.

Me and another player both copped a loss as we each had to quit and got matched up twice. Exact same issue both games.

Got new issues tonight in online that I havenā€™t seen before.

Enter a game, during the warm up cut scenes the game freezes on a frame of players warming up and you have to quit out as it doesnā€™t progress any further, just has players bouncing back and forth on the warm up screen.

Me and another player both copped a loss as we each had to quit and got matched up twice. Exact same issue both games.
And got someone different and different teams.

Canā€™t actually start an online game right now, constantly frozen at the same point of the warm up.

It was fine last night and PS5 hasnā€™t had a patch yet, whatā€™s happened?

had a crack at it tonight and...wow. bad news bears.

so many issues, including old ones previously stomped. i played 5 mins and gave it up as a bad joke.

this thing is so incredibly frustrating, it feels as if the team is throwing fixes/tuning into the game, putting it out to the market, reading BigFooty/Michaels' reviews, and trying to counter-adjust on the run. understandable with a daily patch approach, but so hard to deal with as a player of the game.

cannot imagine someone playing this patch at BA and going, 'yep, that's ready to go'.

think i'm just about done with afl23, unfortunately - will come back to this game when pro team hits, hopefully by then it's fixed. it's too frustrating to play and isn't giving me the deep-dive, turn-off-the-brain experience I wanted.

sad for the dev team who clearly care for the game but the myriad issues are so prominent that it's impossible to have a non-frustrating time.

you have to laud the incredible work done by ross and the crew in response to the issues they clearly weren't aware of at launch, but quite bluntly, it's a month post-release and the core gameplay is a) unfinished and b) needs daily tuning to be playable. outside of that, the game isn't yet feature-complete, justifiable somewhat due to the state of the launch, but there's very little to go to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back