Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1686061136304.png
I keep getting stuck on this screen when trying to complete the game in career mode. Can switch between the tabs but can't press accept and have to restart game to fix. Anyone else

And got someone different and different teams.

Can’t actually start an online game right now, constantly frozen at the same point of the warm up.

It was fine last night and PS5 hasn’t had a patch yet, what’s happened?
That's pretty odd as the PS5 hasn't got a patch for a few days now so nothing should have changed. I'll look at the online logs for PS5 to see if it's a widespread issue.

cannot imagine someone playing this patch at BA and going, 'yep, that's ready to go'.

sad for the dev team who clearly care for the game but the myriad issues are so prominent that it's impossible to have a non-frustrating time.

you have to laud the incredible work done by ross and the crew in response to the issues they clearly weren't aware of at launch, but quite bluntly, it's a month post-release and the core gameplay is a) unfinished and b) needs daily tuning to be playable. outside of that, the game isn't yet feature-complete, justifiable somewhat due to the state of the launch, but there's very little to go to.

Well said mate. This patch is horrible compared to the state of the game 2 weeks ago (apart from goal kicking) almost everything is less responsive.
I'm tired of the culture on this thread of "don't complain, submit a ticket". If I submitted a ticket for every issue that needs fixing that I found in my last hour of gameplay, I would expect an hourly wage from BA because it would be a full time job. We are customers, not play testers yet we have been treated as such.

At first I completely understood there was clearly an issue at launch with an incorrect build, however there is no reason for things such as the goal kicking system to be completely revamped in the first month. Why is the system being completely changed? Was it not play tested in the months of development prior to release? Goal kicking is an enormous mechanic in an AFL game yet it is being completely rehauled with feedback. I would expect that in an early access game. Why not market it as an early access game? At least then we know what we are in for. We are a month into the (delayed due to a stock issue) release, yet we are still playing a game that does not feel near complete.

Simple mechanics such as handballs are still broken a month in. Players are recieving handballs and getting stuck in the mud for 3 seconds. This was fixed two weeks ago but it is back in this weeks patch. Players are getting stuck in a marking contest animation and being rendered useless until a stoppage. We are still missing pro team with absolutely 0 communication as to why it is not here, when we can expect it, and what we can even expect.

I cannot even complete a management mode match right now because the game will not let me proceed from the post match screen. Management mode is so incredibly dissapointing compared to even AFL Evo. It is 24 matches followed by a finals series and then a small trade period, with almost 0 management during the season. Tactics are incredibly scarce.

Do not get me wrong, the game has significantly improved since launch, but it is incredibly frustrating to log on and not know what state the gameplay will be in today. The communication from Ross has been good for the most part, and I really do appreciate the time ross has spent to communicate on here.

$100 is a lot of money in today's climate, and while we can clearly see that there is significant work being put into the game, we are still dealing with issues from launch with no explanation or even apology for the issue.

That's pretty odd as the PS5 hasn't got a patch for a few days now so nothing should have changed. I'll look at the online logs for PS5 to see if it's a widespread issue.
I played a play now match, no bugs, launched a career match (PS5), crashed during 1st game, I sent the bug report with the clip 🤜🏼🤛🏼

Hope that helps. This is prior to the tactics patch hitting PS5 later on.

I cannot even complete a management mode match right now because the game will not let me proceed from the post match screen. Management mode is so incredibly dissapointing compared to even AFL Evo. It is 24 matches followed by a finals series and then a small trade period, with almost 0 management during the season. Tactics are incredibly scarce.
this is the bugbear that i can't get past.

i totally bought in on big ant's investment into footy - and it's visible, they sponsor carlton aflw/vflw etc. they've spoken, correctly, about being a developer who 'knows' footy, loves it, wants to care for a footy video game in a way that wicked witch never did.

and then we get a management mode, a staple for all passable sports games, as, if not more, shallow as feckin afl evolution?

it feels a little bit galling for ba to have focused on their investment into footy and, IMO, underdelivered here.

Well said mate. This patch is horrible compared to the state of the game 2 weeks ago (apart from goal kicking) almost everything is less responsive.
I'm tired of the culture on this thread of "don't complain, submit a ticket". If I submitted a ticket for every issue that needs fixing that I found in my last hour of gameplay, I would expect an hourly wage from BA because it would be a full time job. We are customers, not play testers yet we have been treated as such.

At first I completely understood there was clearly an issue at launch with an incorrect build, however there is no reason for things such as the goal kicking system to be completely revamped in the first month. Why is the system being completely changed? Was it not play tested in the months of development prior to release? Goal kicking is an enormous mechanic in an AFL game yet it is being completely rehauled with feedback. I would expect that in an early access game. Why not market it as an early access game? At least then we know what we are in for. We are a month into the (delayed due to a stock issue) release, yet we are still playing a game that does not feel near complete.

Simple mechanics such as handballs are still broken a month in. Players are recieving handballs and getting stuck in the mud for 3 seconds. This was fixed two weeks ago but it is back in this weeks patch. Players are getting stuck in a marking contest animation and being rendered useless until a stoppage. We are still missing pro team with absolutely 0 communication as to why it is not here, when we can expect it, and what we can even expect.

Do not get me wrong, the game has significantly improved since launch, but it is incredibly frustrating to log on and not know what state the gameplay will be in today. The communication from Ross has been good for the most part, and I really do appreciate the time ross has spent to communicate on here.

$100 is a lot of money in today's climate, and while we can clearly see that there is significant work being put into the game, we are still dealing with issues from launch with no explanation or even apology for the issue.
Well said

If it helps - one of the games was against ‘Coulfff’ - he’s top 3 in the leaderboards.

The game didn’t ‘crash’ per say, I could still pause and exit the game so there was no option to submit a crash report, however it was definitely stuck on the warm up animations.

Steam patch

Step ladder time!

Loving the bigger packs, a couple were bang on in terms of adding to the feel of the game play. Also could have sworn I saw some new animations.

But of the two games I played, everything went pear shaped about half way through. Players would sprint and then start walking when it was time to tackle. Some looked like they were breakdancing or malfunctioning and I copped a ten second freeze at one stage.

Already captured here I know, just chiming in with my two cents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its good to know that I am not the only person who noticed how the state of the game went backwards a bit. So I'm not going crazy seeing the differences (would say that Thursday nights patch was when it was last "amazing". Prior to that, I'd say when evading tackles was first introduced a few weeks ago was when gameplay was very decent).

It's not taking shots at any one person, we all want the gameplay the best it can be.

They really need to invest the proper time and testing into these patches, I don't know how many times it has been mentioned. Frequent minor patches sound great in theory but it's no good when they're being released so quickly there is no reasonable allotment of time for the team to have any QA.
You can somewhat get away with the consumer being your primary QA for early access, not for this.

I played the game again before getting another refund.

Lineup selection is annoying, whose idea was it to have the bench be in the same section as the reserves? Just seperate them.

Tactics are okay, still need allot more options but they don’t allow you to contest a stoppage like in modern football.

AI is dumb there’s a 50-50 ball in my back line yet all my defenders are running up the field at pace. One player is in perfect position for a handball receive but instead of staying there runs 50 metres up the field and continues to run away from the ball as a handball it to them.

Does the break tackle function even work?

Auto rotations are ****ing horrible and any bad rotation is unfixable because you can’t even make manual changes correcting them. Even in live 1 and the Evo games you could correct them. It would be great if you had the option of selecting what positions each player can and can’t rotate to.

Players are still unresponsive AF when receiving the ball. Impossible to play a quick handballing game as it take a second for a player to move once receiving the ball then takes another second for your player to respond to the handball command.

Game feels slightly better than when it was on release with some basic tactics options but still very far away from being enjoyable.

Not sure if you caught last nights stream or not as well, but the marking and overall game play last night I felt, and strictly IMO, was the best it had been in terms of all round balance (not withstanding there were still things to improve).

But since the patch from tonight I felt the gameplay tonight unfortunately took 2 big steps backwards.

that was really tough to play.

Went 3 or 4 games in a row where I was lucky to score 3 goals across all of the games combined and I could not take a mark inside 50 at all, was just impossible. the goals I kicked came from on the run players.

This was very prominent on Hard and Hardest.

I just tried a game on Medium and it still happened but I found my players were definitely marking it a bit more than the previous games.

The new speccie animation looks nice, adding in that it knocks players over adds a bit of realism too, but unfortunately I think it has somehow broken the marking / spoiling balance that we had last night.

Tonight was also the most amount of bugs I have noticeably seen in a game as well. Long stretchy hair following a player, random players 'dancing' inside 50 etc.
Yes mate I noticed it started to look smoother but last night was bad. Could tell you were flat. I mean how long do you hold on and keep grinding out? That’s why I could sense the way you were talking when F1 is out next week AFL might go on the back burner for you.

I saw they mentioned patch fatigue but I reckon it’s the same for some of you users it’s like you feel it’s finally turned a corner then you get floored again. I just can’t see how people can be so keen to go through that for much longer.

I still maintain it would have been better off delaying the game until Xbox could release , perhaps it would have been in a more playable state but I do understand it was originally an April release and they do have cricket and rugby to release in the next few months also.

Have noticed these past 2 days even without this latest patch, I'm starting to get crashing again. Have had my management match against Collingwood crash on me twice in a row now in the second quarter. Have reported crashes and sent video etc. but interesting it's come back. I'm still running on Friday night's patch on PS5 I believe - hopefully the stability fixes fix that whenever we do get the patch

Its good to know that I am not the only person who noticed how the state of the game went backwards a bit. So I'm not going crazy seeing the differences (would say that Thursday nights patch was when it was last "amazing". Prior to that, I'd say when evading tackles was first introduced a few weeks ago was when gameplay was very decent).

It's not taking shots at any one person, we all want the gameplay the best it can be.
Yeah appears to have gone a bit downhill after that for me too

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back