Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game is so unbalanced how is taking a specy with a centre half back easier then spoiling the ball
I have no issue with spoils - I just flick the stick when my player is about 2 metres behind and he'll leap and spoil. Only issue is that he jumps, spoils, and then seems to land like he's done an ACL and just stands still for like 2 seconds. Meanwhile the bloke I've spoiled just grabs it, wheels around and goals

So was the ps5 patch pulled again ? Nothing popped up for me this morning
Nothing for me either, last update in the am of 3/6. Assuming a last minute pull once they saw the PC issues.

Iā€™ve been a massive supporter and defender of BigAnt pre and post-release, but this is starting to drag out way too long to be reasonable.

If there is a good explanation for why AFL23 released in the state it did, and why itā€™s taking so long to get rudimentary features implemented and eliminating bugs, then it would make perfect sense to provide that reason to us. We donā€™t ā€œdeserveā€ to be told anything, but it would provide significant help to BigAntā€™s image so it begs the question as to why we havenā€™t been told. Especially when, IIRC, Ross stated we would be given some kind of details.

You canā€™t help but think that there was never a good reason at all, which is concerning. I still lean towards giving the benefit of the doubt, but this canā€™t be done indefinitely.

Last edited:
I have tried so hard to stay really positive throughout all of this debacle, sticking up for Big Ant in conversations with friends about the game but now it's just gotten to a point where it seems that there has just been too much bullish*t spun about the state of the game.

The lack of transparency about what is going to be in the game is troubling.

The fact that things have been added to the game based off of suggestions from people who have played it now, like the manual bounce and I think the running goal kick meter, this is troubling too.

Why add in additional features when the game isn't where you apparently wanted it to be at launch still. Why add these things when management mode is still seemingly shallow? Unless this is the depth that they had always planned to have in the game AND if that is the case, why not let everyone know that, so people stop asking about that mode.

Don't want to seem like I'm sooking about it, but is just really frustrating, we just want to know.

I have tried so hard to stay really positive throughout all of this debacle, sticking up for Big Ant in conversations with friends about the game but now it's just gotten to a point where it seems that there has just been too much bullish*t spun about the state of the game.

The lack of transparency about what is going to be in the game is troubling.

The fact that things have been added to the game based off of suggestions from people who have played it now, like the manual bounce and I think the running goal kick meter, this is troubling too.

Why add in additional features when the game isn't where you apparently wanted it to be at launch still. Why add these things when management mode is still seemingly shallow? Unless this is the depth that they had always planned to have in the game AND if that is the case, why not let everyone know that, so people stop asking about that mode.

Don't want to seem like I'm sooking about it, but is just really frustrating, we just want to know.
Itā€™s sad that a few of us really positive posters are starting to run out of patience!
Understand things take time but itā€™s just getting to a point where itā€™s frustrating for even the most positive.
As always appreciate the effort!

Itā€™s sad that a few of us really positive posters are starting to run out of patience!
Understand things take time but itā€™s just getting to a point where itā€™s frustrating for even the most positive.
Yeah it's been rough lately, just have basically been running out of hope with it. If there was some type of list of features or something that we could see and know is coming it would help but currently I don't even play the game because what's the point is just playing single games one after the other. Need to get something out of it.

It's great that they've made a new AFL game but just wish there was some type of list of things to expect and potentially when.

Stats are skewing when you simulate games in management mode, seems like there might be features missing, no in-season training or tribunal/injury news etc. and if you play a game on 10 minute quarters, your top player might get 30-35 disposals but then you exit out of that game and the rest of the comp has simulated at their 10 minute quarters and Charlie Cameron and 20 other players have had 60 disposals in a game.

Like I'm a Carlton supporter, footy has been trash this year, just want to rebuild in a finished game mode.

Canā€™t believe we have to ask for this but here I am for the sixth time in six week.
Editing players stats etc will only be doable in a custom season, not management mode i believe.

No word on the PS5 patch yet ?
The only assumption one could make is that it was pulled last minute, however it would be good if we had that communicated with us considering we were literally told in the patch notes last night that the PS5 was getting the tactics patch

The whole lifespan of this game has been extremely odd

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m with everyone here my patience is running out too Iā€™m over waiting for basic shit that should be in an afl game when we all pay $100 for it I appreciate the work big ant do to try and fix things but do they have anyone testing the patches before they put it up this just really seems unprofessional to me with everything big ant cricket games are great but it has even made me consider buying of them again donā€™t want this to happen ever again because I donā€™t think we will get that footy game as they promised they canā€™t add the simplest shit even afl evolution 2 had more stuff sorry guys but rent over

BigAntStudios just a suggestion.. when the whistle goes and then it cuts to that afl logo ball ups/boundary throw ins/free kicks. Maybe we could see cut scenes instead so it looks more like what we see on tv.. since you guys have a motion capture suit why not have as many as possible.. could be a close up on a player showing his stats for the game. The coach either in the coaches box or on the boundary.. players getting up, running, getting into position.. all sort of things to give it more of a real feel instead of it just cutting to everyone in position. Just a thought. Thanks for all the patches doing a great job

Itā€™s been a month since release and I think now its probably time to accept things for what they are. Every patch released seems to fix a big issue but then also create another simultaneously. If it wasnā€™t ready to go it shouldā€™ve been delayed a few months for all platforms. Thereā€™s zero replay value at this point, Management Mode has nothing functioning and the whole game plays 3 different ways depending which mode youā€™re in. I think the pattern speaks for itself at this stage. Good luck to Pro Team on getting anyone to spend money when online especially is as broken as it currently is.

Those who are saying ā€œIā€™ve been patient but Iā€™m running outā€ or along those lines.
Please, now is the most important time to remain positive and patient. So many people have dropped off and itā€™s people like us that need to stay the course and see it through.
Think of the looks on some of the faces when we tell all the people who dropped off how awesome the completed game is.
Itā€™ll take a while but Iā€™m 100% sure it will be worth it when our patience is rewarded.
Donā€™t quit now.

Those who are saying ā€œIā€™ve been patient but Iā€™m running outā€ or along those lines.
Please, now is the most important time to remain positive and patient. So many people have dropped off and itā€™s people like us that need to stay the course and see it through.
Think of the looks on some of the faces when we tell all the people who dropped off how awesome the completed game is.
Itā€™ll take a while but Iā€™m 100% sure it will be worth it when our patience is rewarded.
Donā€™t quit now.

I think people will pick it up sporadically to see where the game is at every now and then for sure, but I think peoples faith in patches is pretty small now. Going off the progress since launch youā€™d have to say the game is a good 3-6 months away from being anything

Donā€™t quit now.
Understood and I agree. I'm just over trawling through pages of repetitive negativity. Whether well founded or not, it is boring me. I'd rather try playing the game than whinge about it. Often it is the silent majority who just get on with things. I feel like some are on here for a fight, some to improve the game and others feel that they need to defend the product.

Donā€™t quit now.
No matter what, I have and ALWAYS will have faith in BA and what they have done since day 1, they have done nothing but work so hard behind the scenes to get it to this point, yeah every game has bugs, no game is EVER going to be perfect, but we have to remain confident and just think they could have shut up shop and gave up with say monthly patches but nope, they have done mostly daily patches when they didn't have to. I can't wait to continue to ride the rollercoaster and see the end product of this game.

I'm hanging tight, just remember Rome wasn't built in a day :)

Donā€™t quit now.

Just for context on what I said, I watched Michaels stream in its entirety last night and even watching him get flat and others point out how certain things had been fixed but others are starting to be buggy again just indicates that there wonā€™t ever be one magical ā€˜fix everythingā€™ patch. Its unfortunate & I still appreciate all of Big Ants hard work to rectify the issues but after a month its pretty clear this is where its at.

I do believe the gameplay isnā€™t that far away. Crashing aside
Spoiling and contest need a fix
Handballs still not fixed
Player switching
Free kicks and 50m
Ice skating

The manger mode is months away from being playable sadly, since that is the only progressive game mode even in the game

Find it funny the crap given to WW from BA just to produce this. Lucky for Nacon TDF and PCM drop tomorrow and Cyanide wonā€™t screw up their game

No matter what, I have and ALWAYS will have faith in BA and what they have done since day 1, they have done nothing but work so hard behind the scenes to get it to this point, yeah every game has bugs, no game is EVER going to be perfect, but we have to remain confident and just think they could have shut up shop and gave up with say monthly patches but nope, they have done mostly daily patches when they didn't have to. I can't wait to continue to ride the rollercoaster and see the end product of this game.

I'm hanging tight, just remember Rome wasn't built in a day :)
Iā€™m the same, Iā€™ll remain positive and have belief that theyā€™ll get there in time.
I personally would just love to know what to expect. I donā€™t even need to know when. I just want to have clear idea of whatā€™s coming so I know if itā€™s something Iā€™ll enjoy and look forward to it.
Happy for them to take time to get it right and to the required level if need be.
But Iā€™d love to know exactly what is in store.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back