Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from what Ross on here said they know about it but it is not game-breaking. That doesn't mean they aren't going to fix it.
Assuming you're talking about HUD issue I replied to, exactly, it's on the list and triaged as less a problem than other issues - it will be fixed.

Yeah, we get a crash report and video - helps a lot.
Much appreciated. Unsure if it's just me or others have the issues in future seasons of management mode, but glad the reports are getting through

Relax guys cricket is releasing soon for them so it was always on the cards that the attention would move to that quickly.

Obviously would have been more ideal if the game launched in a better state but I think you lot on the PS were dreaming if you were going to get regular patches with cricket coming out soon.
Thatā€™s
So you actually think that despite the game being released in the state it was in, that after a month itā€™s just tools down and move onto the next game? Youā€™re not considering how weā€™ve all paid money for a product or Big Antā€™s reputation? Not to mention how the game was delayed on a platform and still today isnā€™t available to play in its entirety. Get real mate. If it stops now the AFL probably pull the pin on the next game given how badly this one has been received.
Gheez I wonā€™t be buying the cricket game till this game is 100% fixed I wait now

Ross himself has acknowledged on Michaels stream that handballing needs a lot of work as itā€™s one of the main complaints
Not sure how itā€™s even debatable at that point

Its not debatable...ive never experienced it. Everyone is having a different experience....lucky me regarding this. Doesnt mean its right or wrong....! Just because its happened to you doesnt mean that thats what everyone is experiencing. Unlucky!

I think last nights steam patch has been accepted pretty well to get through the weekend on consoles.

We just want to play around with tactics over the weekend!
It's definitely not ideal that PS5 is behind, but I can't see us getting a patch out before Tuesday due to time difference and long weekend here, the downside risk of a PS5 only issue that would stay out there for a few days is not something we can bear ATM - we'd be crucified. That said, if we can organise Europe to work over the weekend, then we will do our best to get it done, but don't expect it, it's a long shot.

Its not debatable...ive never experienced it. Everyone is having a different experience....lucky me regarding this. Doesnt mean its right or wrong....! Just because its happened to you doesnt mean that thats what everyone is experiencing. Unlucky!
People have different experiences because they play differently, and as different teams, etc. and have different skill levels.

If you do the same actions with the controller, you'll get the same outcome. If something is not working for you, then don't expect to do the same input and get a different outcome.

It's definitely not ideal that PS5 is behind, but I can't see us getting a patch out before Tuesday due to time difference and long weekend here, the downside risk of a PS5 only issue that would stay out there for a few days is not something we can bear ATM - we'd be crucified. That said, if we can organise Europe to work over the weekend, then we will do our best to get it done, but don't expect it, it's a long shot.
Rodgy.

Can you give the PS users something with some further info of whatā€™s coming to management mode?

I can't see us getting a patch out before Tuesday due to time difference and long weekend here, the downside risk of a PS5 only issue that would stay out there for a few days is not something we can bear ATM - we'd be crucified. That said, if we can organise Europe to work over the weekend, then we will do our best to get it done, but don't expect it, it's a long shot.
I know this may sound silly, but what if you say you put a patch out this afternoon or even early afternoon for PS5 is there any chance of that happening :) ?

And if something happened.. how could that be rectified if it backfired would mean the same of what you guys have been doing yeah?

Rodgy.

Can you give the PS users something with some further info of whatā€™s coming to management mode?
Once we've got Quick Codes and Custom Difficulty, we'll share a list of additions that will come to management mode, that will be like across all formats.

Moving to weekly patches is to provide more stability on Console as they cannot be wound back (as Steam can). This is still way more agile than the vast majority of Console games.

There is no way we can do complete sweeps of game testing on a daily basis, there are so many elements to test, especially with the combinations of available Academy content.

I am hesitant to release patches on a Friday as if anything goes wrong then the chances of getting things through Europe on the weekend is slim.
think we will rather you take the risk because alot ps user would be stopping playing till tactics because its boring without them same game style every match ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are 'quick codes' and custom difficulty meaning ? Just trying to figure it out so we/myself get a better understanding :)
Custom difficulty will be being able to set the gameplay difficulty to easy or hard but have a different setting for the management parts (easier trades, less injuries at training, etc)

Once we've got Quick Codes and Custom Difficulty, we'll share a list of additions that will come to management mode, that will be like across all formats.

Thank you!!! Iā€™m keen to see how much better the game is after Tuesdays patch! šŸ™šŸ¼ Iā€™m holding off until then but hopefully its onwards and upwards from here.

It's hard to explain, sometimes the ball DOES go to the intended target - other times not ? Like I've had the ball travel to a player FURTHER out than the player I intended (or would have preferred) it get handballed to. While I've also had different in game situations where I've wanted it handballed to the player further out instead of one that was closer by (and in greater danger of being tackled instantly etc).

But then there are other bizarre choices like being in the center square, I go to handpass to the player that is running through the corridor to the forward 50m line................. and the ball gets passed to the player outside of the center square, near the wing!!!

Is it user directional button error ? Is it the game thinking we're using the dynamic camera view when we're really on left to right / right to left perspective ?

** Handballing got better in one of the earlier patches (I remember being excited and posting about it here) - how the ball floated to the receiver was great!

Last edited:
It's hard to explain, sometimes the ball DOES go to the intended target - other times not ? Like I've had the ball travel to a player FURTHER out than the player I intended (or would have preferred) it get handballed to. While I've also had different in game situations where I've wanted it handballed to the player further out instead of one that was closer by (and in greater danger of being tackled instantly etc).

But then there are other bizarre choices like being in the center square, I go to handpass to the player that is running through the corridor to the forward 50m line................. and the ball gets passed to the player outside of the center square, near the wing!!!

Is it user directional button error ? Is it the game thinking we're using the dynamic camera view when we're really on left to right / right to left perspective ?

Yep I get it...and I understand the issue and the experience for others...all I said was I havent seen it. Lucky me.

What are 'quick codes' and custom difficulty meaning ? Just trying to figure it out so we/myself get a better understanding :)
Pretty sure quick codes relates to academy doesn't it? You get a code when you generate your content, then can share the code so people can easily search it

think we will rather you take the risk because alot ps user would be stopping playing till tactics because its boring without them same game style every match ffs
Until there's an issue whereupon everyone will pile on requesting that we didn't release it and tested longer.

Quick codes are to find downloads fast without searching.

Custom difficulty is the ability to customise difficulty settings beyond "easy" "hard" etc.

Until there's an issue whereupon everyone will pile on requesting that we didn't release it and tested longer.

Regardless youā€™ll be releasing patches for days if not weeks on end so might as well take the riskā€¦. At least PS users will have tactics and some improvements that steam have appeared to take on well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back