Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bit that confuses me is if Bigant state that PS patches were submitted for testing 4 weeks ago, why all of a sudden that when a steam patch is released the PS patch is released pretty much straight after it. Doesn't make sense to me!

I think they said at one point they would be holding the future steam updates back until they could drop the console updates. So Iā€™m assuming steam was ready to be released and they made it available when PS dropped

there is exactly 0% chance that any AFL licensed game would be allowed to release without AFLW being in it from the start.
Well that was what I said the only reason that this would be in iteration 1 was from an AFL directive but got told by BA no was their choice, I was baffled but this was before the game was released and was apparently gonna be kick ass.

When your player receives the ball do they still slow down a bit or continue running through smoothly. Pre patch I hit a few on the run with a handball and theyā€™d slowdown and others wouldnt
I only played the 2 games this morning but from what Iā€™ve noticed, the ā€˜stuck in the mudā€™ is only noticeable when a player is stationary and receiving a handball. On the run it seemed smooth for the first time in a long time.
As I mentioned earlier though, often players will stop running and become stationary when you handball to them which allows the opposition to close in.
If they can fix this, the general gameplay will be much more tolerable to finally start my season

Absolutely was not a red flag.
Plenty of much bigger, redder flags than AFLW.
A non issue for me.
OK so what is a red flag then if focusing on features that 0.5% of the player base are interested in, in front of core ones like management mode, when creating your first AFL game in 10 years with a optimised dev team? The xbox discs getting lost or something clearly was one thing but nah, no one seems concerned even with the game completely borked months later lol, like **** me it's OK to point out the obvious, especially with where we are at.

OK so what is a red flag then if focusing on features that 0.5% of the player base are interested in, in front of core ones like management mode, when creating your first AFL game in 10 years with a optimised dev team? The xbox discs getting lost or something clearly was one thing but nah, no one seems concerned even with the game completely borked months later lol, like * me it's OK to point out the obvious, especially with where we are at.
Have you even read the thread?

Have you even read the thread?
I was here from the start of the other one, so yes. The replies on here that oh that wouldn't have effected it are baffling when clearly things like that did as you have pointed out this threads proof in the pudding (and the previous one - also one that'll go down in BF folklore).

Blaming the AFLW inclusion is borderline unhinged.
It has nothing to do with BigAnts failings with the game, and reflects an agenda on the posters behalf.

Release a game that works with core features but doesn't have AFLW, Pro Team etc this year

or

Release a game completely broken and unplayable on release with limited management mode, still missing features and questionable playability a couple of month post release but has AFLW and Pro Team etc.

Geez what an agenda, **** reading this thread who'd think it's not a red flag to work on things outside the core game, it's going so well. Yeah though, you couldn't see it coming right?

Release a game that works with core features but doesn't have AFLW, Pro Team etc this year

or

Release a game completely broken and unplayable on release with limited management mode, still missing features and questionable playability a couple of month post release but has AFLW and Pro Team etc.

Geez what an agenda, * reading this thread who'd think it's not a red flag to work on things outside the core game, it's going so well. Yeah though, you couldn't see it coming right?
AFLW was not the problem and hardly took any extra resources, what part of that don't you get

it was always going to be in the game at launch because of the game being licensed by the AFL

or

Geez what an agenda, * reading this thread who'd think it's not a red flag to work on things outside the core game, it's going so well. Yeah though, you couldn't see it coming right?
the inclusion of AFLW had no impact on the core features.

totally different teams working on different segments.

time being put into AFLW Player scans or stadiums did not mean less time spent on core game features.

I know what you're trying to say / get at, but you're just missing the mark with what your targeting as the reason.

AFLW was not the problem and hardly took any extra resources, what part of that don't you get

it was always going to be in the game at launch because of the game being licensed by the AFL
That's just plain wrong but anyway whatever I can't be bothered arguing more my point. The current games state proves it so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just plain wrong but anyway whatever I can't be bothered arguing more my point. The current games state proves it so.
it's not plain wrong mate, it's 100% factual.

you are way off the mark here.

or

I think itā€™s fairly obvious that there were multiple red flags from the get go. However I wouldnā€™t imagine AFLW being implemented causing other development issues. Itā€™s essentially a copy paste of AFL but with womanā€™s attributes. On top of that, as someone else mentioned earlier, it would have most likely been a directive from the AFL themselves. I canā€™t imagine theyā€™d be very pleased with an AFL game without AFLW in this day and age. It would be way too controversial and if weā€™ve learned anything over the past decade, itā€™s that even the smallest things in life can be blown way out of proportion.

OK so what is a red flag then if focusing on features that 0.5% of the player base are interested in, in front of core ones like management mode, when creating your first AFL game in 10 years with a optimised dev team? The xbox discs getting lost or something clearly was one thing but nah, no one seems concerned even with the game completely borked months later lol, like * me it's OK to point out the obvious, especially with where we are at.
Read through the 7000 pages in this thread and the 15,000 across the other two and youā€™ll find your answers.

Edit: just saw that apparently you have read them.
Unsure why youā€™re still asking for other red flags then if thatā€™s the case!

"Hmmmm.....game doesn run smoothly and controls are wonky with heaps of glitches and missing game mechanics. I know the problem, it's the digital women part of the game!

I shall go forth and let everybody know my findings!"

I'll clarify my one last point.. I was referring to the resourcing as a red flag not blaming it for the entire game being shite. My own rushed reply, I couldn't understand why everyone was teeing off on that but I'll own that, I screwed up a quick reply there and yeah I'm certainly not arguing that.

On the afl23 subreddit thereā€™s a fantastic comment with 5 clips from the recent patch outlining the game breaking bugs and broken mechanics on the lastest post.
The patch hasnā€™t addressed the long sought after fixes to make this is a playable game, long way to go.

I think the gameplay is now the best it's ever been. I'll need to test out playing against the AI a bit more but against another person it's a lot of fun, even if there are still some small issues here and there.

Management on the other hand still has way too many glaring issues. I simmed through a season in a new save with Gold Coast to see what's changed in the last patch and ran into some of the major issues which have been around for a while now as well as some new ones.

• Player stats don't make a whole lot of sense still. Daniher won the coleman which is fine but the other top goalkickers were midfielders.
  • AA team is no longer just the highest rated players but the selections now seem very random. Levi Casboult made it with 12 goals in 18 games while the coleman medallist missed out (also it's only 18 players rather than 22).
  • Delistings after the trade period are still totally broken. Josh Dunkley, Josh Daicos, Tom Green, Hayden Young, Sam De Koning all delisted plus plenty of other good players who would never be delisted in real life (also Gryan Miers who made the AA team).
  • The really good delisted players don't appear or get picked in the national or rookie drafts and start season 2 playing in the state leagues. Saw some players who retired like Seedsman and Docherty in the VFL at the start of season 2 as well.
  • You can't see the height of draftees at the draft aside from the three suggested players. Heights also don't make much sense, like 186cm rucks.
  • The highest overall/potential draftees don't get taken at the start of the draft. In mine they were taken at picks 9, 16 and 26. And for some reason (I assume because teams delist so many players) the national draft was 166 picks and the rookie draft was 60 picks

And that's just the main issues I noticed. Hopefully this stuff gets fixed because some of it completely wrecks management mode.

I think the gameplay is now the best it's ever been. I'll need to test out playing against the AI a bit more but against another person it's a lot of fun, even if there are still some small issues here and there.

Management on the other hand still has way too many glaring issues. I simmed through a season in a new save with Gold Coast to see what's changed in the last patch and ran into some of the major issues which have been around for a while now as well as some new ones.

• Player stats don't make a whole lot of sense still. Daniher won the coleman which is fine but the other top goalkickers were midfielders.
  • AA team is no longer just the highest rated players but the selections now seem very random. Levi Casboult made it with 12 goals in 18 games while the coleman medallist missed out (also it's only 18 players rather than 22).
  • Delistings after the trade period are still totally broken. Josh Dunkley, Josh Daicos, Tom Green, Hayden Young, Sam De Koning all delisted plus plenty of other good players who would never be delisted in real life (also Gryan Miers who made the AA team).
  • The really good delisted players don't appear or get picked in the national or rookie drafts and start season 2 playing in the state leagues. Saw some players who retired like Seedsman and Docherty in the VFL at the start of season 2 as well.
  • You can't see the height of draftees at the draft aside from the three suggested players. Heights also don't make much sense, like 186cm rucks.
  • The highest overall/potential draftees don't get taken at the start of the draft. In mine they were taken at picks 9, 16 and 26. And for some reason (I assume because teams delist so many players) the national draft was 166 picks and the rookie draft was 60 picks

And that's just the main issues I noticed. Hopefully this stuff gets fixed because some of it completely wrecks management mode.
Was really hoping for some significant management improvements.
This is not encouraging.

Player stats don't make a whole lot of sense still. Daniher won the coleman which is fine but the other top goalkickers were midfielders.
Good god.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back