Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love your videos bro but I gotta disagree on you with this one where has big ant actually proven to us though that this game was good before they have had no videos to show that šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ after 3 months is just ridiculous no words about the Xbox version they just delete it on the site too itā€™s bloody ridiculous
I'm not saying anyone has proven early days that the game was good im just saying that the reason it isn't on x box yet isn't cause Microsoft checked the game out and didn't like it.

That's a common occurrence when the game is unfinished and probably had less than 2 years of development, with bugs and glitches everywhere. Also, the fact these issues aren't in other AFL games or other sport games.
How long was Cyberpunk in development and look how that released ?

They could develop the game for 10 years and if a patch breaks the game it wouldnā€™t matter

That's not true, you could bump and push around players in a pack marking contest in Evo 2, it wasn't 1v1.

How does it feel like football? Nothing but 1v1 contested contests that always end in unrealistic results like a mark 90% of the time, that's not how real football works.

Turning circles? Do you mean the players veering off course in a direction you're not controlling the player in like those curl movements? That's clearly a flaw, it's not in any other AFL game.

It's not the fault of the user, when there's that "stuck in the mud" thing that stops you from evading, and almost every marking contest ends in a mark. Given the game hours of playthrough, it's clearly unfinished and does not play like the sport.
No AFL game has ever done the pack aspect well, itā€™s always been 1v1s and Iā€™m not mad that thatā€™s not in 23 but I hope itā€™s something we see in AFL25

The turning circles meaning the actual arc players take when they turn rather than being able to turn an immediate 180 which makes the game way too easy

Every marking contest doesnā€™t end in a mark, spoiling is easy and Iā€™ve had many contests end in dropped marks or juggled marks that the player doesnā€™t complete,
marking is an area that needs more work but itā€™s definitely not a mark every contest

The games great at this point, all timer afl game
But has anyone noticed that the management career games are too easy? On hardest in season mode every game is competitive and I will lose
On management I will win by 70 without trying

No AFL game has ever done the pack aspect well, itā€™s always been 1v1s and Iā€™m not mad that thatā€™s not in 23 but I hope itā€™s something we see in AFL25

The turning circles meaning the actual arc players take when they turn rather than being able to turn an immediate 180 which makes the game way too easy

Every marking contest doesnā€™t end in a mark, spoiling is easy and Iā€™ve had many contests end in dropped marks or juggled marks that the player doesnā€™t complete,
marking is an area that needs more work but itā€™s definitely not a mark every contest
Cmon mate post a video of you playing then.

Cmon mate post a video of you playing then.
I just wanna see how heā€™s so great at tackling when the user controlled player turns like a truck
I might average 10 tackles a game because most of the time, the turning circles wonā€™t allow you to get to the opposition in time.
Makes absolutely no sense how someone can be better at this than anyone else

Already said Evo 2 isn't 1v1 marking contests, you can bump and move whoever you want in a pack mark, you're not stuck on 1 opponent like in 23.
Players in reality can do a 180 turn much quicker, it's clearly a game design flaw. They could have made the game harder in many other ways rather than punishing you with their broken movements that are not in other sport titles.

I said 90% of the time it ends in a mark to either side from a 1v1 only contest, which is very unrealistic. The ball literally goes through players hands like it's ghost hands, there's no collisions and you can't even go for a second try at a fumbled mark like in real football.

Last edited:
Already said Evo 2 isn't 1v1 marking contests, you can bump and move whoever you want in a pack mark, you're not stuck on 1 opponent like in 23.

Players in reality can do a 180 turn much quicker, it's clearly a game design flaw. They could have made the game harder in many other ways rather than punishing you with their broken movements that are not in other sport titles.

I said 90% of the time it ends in a mark to either side from a 1v1 only contest, which is very unrealistic. The ball literally goes through players hands like it's ghost hands, there's no collisions and you can even go for a second try at a fumbled mark like in real football.
Let's just wait for his video and he can show you how to do it.

Keen for this. I assume heā€™s playing either the pre-Day 1 ā€˜goldā€™ build orā€¦ā€¦ā€¦the Xbox edition either way its a mirage considering literally everyone else has the player turn, teleport tackles and mud movements in our games
I'm struggling to see how anyone can defend this game now. I was hopeful of a great game after Ross pumped the game up, and for me Ross had points in the bank from previous games to be giving credit.
But never been more disappointed in a game in all my life.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone found an easy way to get the All-Australian trophy? I'd like to finish off the last trophy but considering (1) how terrible management mode is and (2) how broken AA selection was last time I finished a season, I don't really want to play 24 rounds+finals of management just for it to turn around and rob me of AA selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone found an easy way to get the All-Australian trophy? I'd like to finish off the last trophy but considering (1) how terrible management mode is and (2) how broken AA selection was last time I finished a season, I don't really want to play 24 rounds+finals of management just for it to turn around and rob me of AA selections.

User error/skill ?
No idea actually

This is gonna sound horrible, but it worked.

I simmed the season as Carlton :huh:

I noticed after playing a number of seasons that regardless of how well my team went, there was a minimum of 4 Carlton players in the AA team.
So my curiosity got the better of me and I started a season as Carlton and simmed every game.

Just like that... the AA trophy was mine and the game went Platinum :trophy:

Mind you, this was a while ago, so not sure how that works with the tweaks since.

I noticed after playing a number of seasons that regardless of how well my team went, there was a minimum of 4 Carlton players in the AA team.
So my curiosity got the better of me and I started a season as Carlton and simmed every game.

Mind you, this was a while ago, so not sure how that works with the tweaks since.
Thanks, I'll stifle my vomit for long enough to give it a go

2rEzQun.png

It's been a few days since I've last played it, so I don't always play it daily :p

For people not wanting to waste their time Iā€™m 99% sure one of the recent updates fixed the AA selection from memory cause people were saying their players never got picked and no matter what Carlton players were getting selected..

Surely not something else Ross wanted in the game?? Lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't play as James Sicily!

I'm actually having a ball online. Offline can EAD, it's so bad.

Tackling is finicky, you just have to slow down and not panic or button mash. Actually, that goes for the entire game. Goal kicking while being tackled is OP. Marking contests DO end up in a ground ball a lot online which is good. Tactics work very well. Set shots still too easy. Marking and rucking can be tricky, but experimenting with the triggers, bumpers and sticks pays off eventually when you start to understand when to use them. Timing is still the main thing though and I find watching the ball rather than feeling for the vibration works well for me if all else is failing. Momentum is huge online in this game too, if you get a lead, hold on to it.

Lastly, if you're getting your ass kicked online like I was, don't quit, just practice outmarking or spoiling them for the whole game. Or chaining plays together. Forget the score. And don't just keep mashing the same combo of buttons if it ist working. You'll learn a lot.

Again, offline is shite, online is definitely playable and enjoyable now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back