Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2: Pro Team, more like No Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are their 'patch notes' still so utterly vacuous? 'Improved XX' tells us exactly nothing - what have you done to improve it?

Cynicism would say they are being deliberately obtuse so as to hope for a bit of a placebo effect..
Isn’t that what they use their forum for? I think I’ve seen them have posts explaining the patch notes.

IMG_8654.jpeg IMG_8655.jpeg IMG_8657.jpeg

One common thing that I hope is altered. The AI have been prone to getting on a good run, that I can't stop.... until the AI shoots itself in the foot by kicking the ball out on the full in their forward line.

Occasionally they'll also over power the kick at the kick in, thus I have an easy shot at goal from the forward pocket.

As we approach 6 weeks post Pro Team launch I still find myself wondering how it gets to this point.

I'll happily accept that it's further delayed because they added improvements which reset the timeline. But the question is why?

If they indeed originally submitted with enough time to make release date (which we're assuming now is 6+ weeks early), why would you voluntarily reset that timeline when it's clearly the longest wait?

If the original version was release worthy, why not just let it continue to get approval, which was surely some weeks along by that point, and then push through the improvements at a later date? Considering it'd then be a minor update rather than a whole mode, surely that update gets through quicker than resetting the whole thing? It's easy enough to let the original one go out and just put out a thing saying "Improvements to these features will be coming".

Or, and this one is so simple it's crazy, let people know when the resubmission happened. We have to assume that the resubmission was done prior to May 27 (if it wasn't that's another level of crazy), and that the plan to submit an improved version didn't come out of the blue, so why weren't people made aware at that point rather than leaving the delay announcement until late the night before. "In order to release the best possible mode, we have decided to re-submit with a range of improvements. Unfortunately this will delay the release."

At this point the decision making rivals the Adelaide Crows administration. You just keep watching from afar like... what? Why? How? And again, why?

As we approach 6 weeks post Pro Team launch I still find myself wondering how it gets to this point.

I'll happily accept that it's further delayed because they added improvements which reset the timeline. But the question is why?

If they indeed originally submitted with enough time to make release date (which we're assuming now is 6+ weeks early), why would you voluntarily reset that timeline when it's clearly the longest wait?

If the original version was release worthy, why not just let it continue to get approval, which was surely some weeks along by that point, and then push through the improvements at a later date? Considering it'd then be a minor update rather than a whole mode, surely that update gets through quicker than resetting the whole thing? It's easy enough to let the original one go out and just put out a thing saying "Improvements to these features will be coming".

Or, and this one is so simple it's crazy, let people know when the resubmission happened. We have to assume that the resubmission was done prior to May 27 (if it wasn't that's another level of crazy), and that the plan to submit an improved version didn't come out of the blue, so why weren't people made aware at that point rather than leaving the delay announcement until late the night before. "In order to release the best possible mode, we have decided to re-submit with a range of improvements. Unfortunately this will delay the release."

At this point the decision making rivals the Adelaide Crows administration. You just keep watching from afar like... what? Why? How? And again, why?
Agree that it’d be nice to know if there was a resubmission, or any further updates .

From what JNT said on the BA Forums, they’ve left most of the separate gameplay improvements out of the submission process for this.

It sounded like what was initially submitted was Pro Team plus a few minor fixes, and that’s the version that’s taking ages to get approval for.

If they failed approvals, and had to resubmit, by what was said, they would just submit that version plus whatever fix is needed for what the platform holders found (like a crash bug, or payment exploit), leaving any other features worked on out of the whole process. (He said they were coming later).

Now the turnaround times could be anything.

Could be :-
Submit, 2 days response, 1 day bug fix, resubmit (3 day turnaround). Repeat 15 times.

OR

Submit, 2 week response, 5 day bug fix, resubmit (19 day turnaround). Repeat 2 times.

Dunno how extensive the platform holder testing is (could be large for an added mode with microtransactions?), or how long it takes for Big Ant to find and fix any bugs reported.

But yeah, would be nice to know more information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back