Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do genuinely believe something went wrong with day 1 but since then the way itā€™s been handled has been poor.

If it did, they do have form. Ross threw some poor bastard under the bus to explain away AO Tennis' godawful launch. Someone "uploaded the wrong version" at launch. Same story about it being better pre-release too. Amateur hour. Although I don't think they had roped in as many youtubers to market for them back then

Ties into the question raised a page or two back. How many chances should a company get that continually makes the same mistakes?

Monopolies suck.

Something I forgot to mention, if you play at Marvel and put the rain on, the roof is closed so logic says the ground isnā€™t wet, right ?
Well players still touch the ball on the ground instead of bouncing in dry conditions šŸ¤¦šŸ½

Ahh yes the same ground where you can play in complete darkness from time to time :p

Also speaking of the rain, there are few camera angles (like replays/transition shots after goals) where despite it being complete daylight AND sunny conditions, you can see specs of rain. It weirds me out.

View attachment 1731332
I saw this at JB today, thought it was interesting considering the discs are not in stores yet
even more interesting was that the game was not on the shelves at all for either playstation version, almost like they dont want people buying the game
Yeah because a store whoā€™s most likely already paid for itā€™s stock doesnā€™t want to sell themā€¦. Right.
Pretty sure those Xbox placeholder boxes have been at JB for a long time too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I don't think this game is gonna be fixed.... I think everyone involved just doesn't want to deal with it anymore. Honestly, I don't think anyone wants to take the blame for this terrible game. I didn't think keeping WW on and dealing with their mess that was barely improving would be better but here we are...

So what are you guys playing right now instead of this dumpster fire of a game? XD

Yeah, I don't think this game is gonna be fixed.... I think everyone involved just doesn't want to deal with it anymore. Honestly, I don't think anyone wants to take the blame for this terrible game. I didn't think keeping WW on and dealing with their mess that was barely improving would be better but here we are...

So what are you guys playing right now instead of this dumpster fire of a game? XD

Theyā€™ve done an admirable job of deferring/ignoring all blame so far so I cant imagine that changes.

MK11 & actually just picked up my first wrestling game in 15 years the AEW one which is good arcadey fun šŸ¤£

I'm starting to wish that I never fell for this goddamn scam of a game in the first place...

I'm at the point where I wish I could make my own Aussie Rules game but I can't code for crap... I swear, We as fans should just create a fan collective at this point and make our own game instead. We know what we want, We know the limitations and we all have a vision on what we do want. Seriously, We can't do any worse at this point that what Big Ant have at this point.

Why don't we as a fan collective give a shot? There has to be a group of people who can code and do things who'd want to do an Indie Aussie Rules game.

Maybe there might be some people who could help out game_chromosome with his game, I don't know? I'm just at the point where I feel if we're gonna get an Aussie Rules game people like, We're gonna have to make it ourselves and stop relying on people with massive and fragile egos or people who don't care about the sport to make it for us.

I'd love to try and find a way to turn this crapshoot and dumpster fire into something actually worthwhile. Have something actually good come out of it.

I'm starting to wish that I never fell for this goddamn scam of a game in the first place...

I'm at the point where I wish I could make my own Aussie Rules game but I can't code for crap... I swear, We as fans should just create a fan collective at this point and make our own game instead. We know what we want, We know the limitations and we all have a vision on what we do want. Seriously, We can't do any worse at this point that what Big Ant have at this point.

Why don't we as a fan collective give a shot? There has to be a group of people who can code and do things who'd want to do an Indie Aussie Rules game.

Maybe there might be some people who could help out game_chromosome with his game, I don't know? I'm just at the point where I feel if we're gonna get an Aussie Rules game people like, We're gonna have to make it ourselves and stop relying on people with massive and fragile egos or people who don't care about the sport to make it for us.

I'd love to try and find a way to turn this crapshoot and dumpster fire into something actually worthwhile. Have something actually good come out of it.

I would have honestly been happy with Aussie Rules Footy (NES) redone for a new generation!

I'm still playing AFL '23 but certainly not as often, my game time average has dropped to less than 11 hours a fortnight now.... it was almost up to 60 (according to Steam). I'm still playing my usual rotation of games Rocket League, MK 11, MW 2.

To keep this post AFL '23 related, you could get the Benny Hill music out for this.

It's not as good as one I didn't save :( which was basically pair after pair after pair of players falling over like dominoes - and the majority were not exactly playing/fighting for the ball while it was going on!

I would have honestly been happy with Aussie Rules Footy (NES) redone for a new generation!

I'm still playing AFL '23 but certainly not as often, my game time average has dropped to less than 11 hours a fortnight now.... it was almost up to 60 (according to Steam). I'm still playing my usual rotation of games Rocket League, MK 11, MW 2.

To keep this post AFL '23 related, you could get the Benny Hill music out for this.

It's not as good as one I didn't save :( which was basically pair after pair after pair of players falling over like dominoes - and the majority were not exactly playing/fighting for the ball while it was going on!

Wait, you were playing 30 hours a week of afl23 while maintaining it wasn't the only/main game you were playing? Do you have a job lol, that's absurd

Wait, you were playing 30 hours a week of afl23 while maintaining it wasn't the only/main game you were playing? Do you have a job lol, that's absurd
Well he is (e)Xtreme

I do like how Big Ant dismissed all the glitch videos Xtreme shared though. Because they were lo res šŸ¤£

Nah mate the only reason that handball went the wrong direction is because you didn't record it in 4k and crash the BigFooty servers. Blocked.

I do like how Big Ant dismissed all the glitch videos Xtreme shared though. Because they were lo res šŸ¤£

Nah mate the only reason that handball went the wrong direction is because you didn't record it in 4k and crash the BigFooty servers. Blocked.

My game settings were a bit screwed up. I have shadows turned off and the player detail setting on "medium" - the higher setting makes my eyes bleed as the player models look too shiny/wax style. Ambient occulation also gives me motion sickness when turned on so its generally turned off in most games.

Othrr than that depending on clip length I'd lower the quality in handbrake to lower the filesize.

AND I also noticed that the file host site defaulted the video viewer at 360 instead of 720 or 1080. So yes thats why the videos may not have been the best visually :p

Still funny reading the complaints about them. Which led to me spoiler boxing them. Never had a video clip post deleted either!

Actually I had a near 4 week period across May and part of June where I was ill and thats how the Steam average shot up. I barely played other games early on in my AFL 23 time (just the occasional RL match or MK 11 fight).

It's also why the Steam average counter has finally shot back down to normal (12.5 hours average over 2 weeks).

Some of the game time (2+ hours per match with the stoppages and replay skips) was spent on those matches where I did 20 minute quarters.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention, if you play at Marvel and put the rain on, the roof is closed so logic says the ground isnā€™t wet, right ?
Well players still touch the ball on the ground instead of bouncing in dry conditions šŸ¤¦šŸ½
There's an explanation for that - the Marvel roof is actually a series of elevated interchange benches so the rain still falls through.

If you don't want rain to come through, change the weather settings.

User error again.

Would love to see another non indiedev attempt making Aussie rules into a video game. It's not all about passion for the game, you still need to know how to build the game properly so it functions and works. Passion is good, but I don't think it's the be all and end all. Just being committed to replicating the sport accurately and being a skill dev would suffice.

Problem with the community coming together is everyone having their own ideas and how it all fits together. Probably need a few guys with some different gamedev skills and who can work together so living in the same city is important, get them to do a Kickstarter or something. I don't know. It's not an easy thing, as big ant and wicked witch have shown.

I've been working on mine part time for about 3-4 years with almost a full year off last year and hoping to get close to release soon. Something always brakes in the code, adding different game mechanics can ruin the flow of the game. So many many things need to work in sync and not undermine each other.

Hoping one day we get a good one. But with BA the holder of the licence that may be a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back