Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t stress enough how important those gameplay improvements on March 19th is to the future of the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There won't be much, wouldn't get your hopes up. All their resource on other projects until recently, and recent AFL dev work on Pro Team + updating likenesses etc. Doubt much has been put into gameplay at all - they left it in a shitty, but playable state, and if they tweak it too much they risk breaking it again. Will be minor improvements only now. Hopefully AFL 2025 or 2026 gets a gameplay overhaul but based on their history with other games I don't hold much hope.

It's hilarious they have "further gameplay improvements" 1 month after the initial patch.
Surely they could have had all the gameplay improvements in the first patch.
Goes to show they clearly haven't put any work into it until recently.
Maybe it means that they are going to further improve the game after the initial update based on feedback etc

Here we go!

Wow. That Roadmap that was promised back in May 2023 finally came out.

In all seriousness, They are at least trying to fix it. Whether they actually pull it off... I kinda doubt it... The game is in a very messy state that will need a load more done to it to fix it to where it should be. I don't know if this next update or two saves it.

Wow. That Roadmap that was promised back in May 2023 finally came out.

In all seriousness, They are at least trying to fix it. Whether they actually pull it off... I kinda doubt it... The game is in a very messy state that will need a load more done to it to fix it to where it should be. I don't know if this next update or two saves it.
100% agree. I found it funny that they had some stadiums correct for their cricket game but still not the AFL game. I know those aren’t the big issues but those were things they could have been updating since it’s already made by them. That way the major problems could be the major updates in 2024. Now it’s going to be all together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 2024 BigFooty roadmap:

19 March - retire
I don't think you'll need to at this point. 99% percent of people don't think this will fix things and the main man causing issues is no longer here.

To be honest, I expect March 19th or whenever they do the update because this is Big Ant we're talking about (It could get delayed until June or September with this mob) to go like this.

Person 1: Is the game fixed yet?
Person 2: No, It's still broken as shit.
Person 1: Goddamn it. Big Ant are hopeless.

Rest of the board proceeds to roast Ross and Big Ant yet again for failing to back up their promises and claims.

For the sake of BA's reputation & the health of this forum I hope this is a course correction and the game becomes 'good for what it is'.
There is an uncomfortable reality that we may never get an AFL game that is objectively good. Five percent the budget of FIFA with ten times the complexity, constant rule changes, a core gameplay dynamic with a sweet spot the size of a pinhead, it's going to take a while.

The sentiment is not to be confused with the balls up that was pretty much the entire launch year. Just looking ahead here.

There is an uncomfortable reality that we may never get an AFL game that is objectively good. Five percent the budget of FIFA with ten times the complexity, constant rule changes, a core gameplay dynamic with a sweet spot the size of a pinhead, it's going to take a while.
Big Ant could have easily pulled off a proper simulation footy game had they used their budget and resources appropriately. And FIFA's not really the best comparison when it comes to top tier gameplay, since it's not even the best simulation Soccer games, the budget mostly goes to presentation. I don't think it's as impossible to properly simulate the sport, since there's 2 decade games like - the 17 year old All-Pro Football 2K8 and the 20 year old NFL 2K5, they really have a lot of compatible elements with Australian rules football that are missing from its video games.

they left it in a shitty, but playable state
Agree with the first statement, disagree with the second. It's a real struggle and almost impossible to move and pass as user commanded in the game, Evo 2 contrastingly is the opposite. It was an experience comparing the two, how liberating it is to be able to actually move and pass where you want to go on a whim in Evo 2. I wonder if that March patch will ultimately fix user commands, or if it'd be more of the same. That's their number 1 issue with the game.

For the sake of BA's reputation & the health of this forum I hope this is a course correction and the game becomes 'good for what it is'.

The sentiment is not to be confused with the balls up that was pretty much the entire launch year. Just looking ahead here.
Two counters to that:

1) Most true fans of Live 1 aren't expecting a fifa style game. To me, the perfect game would have been:
-Live 1 core gameplay
-AFL 23 graphics
-Intergration of Evo 2s handball and freeflow styled gameplay
To me, you bundle those 3 existing things together, you get the game we all have been hoping for.

2) To your point around budget. Ross probably shouldn't have stood up and publicly shoot himself in the foot by bragging how they had the biggest budget of any AFL game previously.

Frustratingly, we always seem to get games which have some really good individual features(obviously excluding the absolute shit show that was Live 2) but none that have integrated them together to make a good complete game.

To me Evolution 2 is the most complete AFL game we have had.
If Ross wasn't so focused on shit canning Wicked Witch, he could have taken out some of the positives out of their last 2 games.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again one of the worst 'roadmaps' you could ever see, ridiculously vague. Not a professional organisation.
Someone please explain why it's taking until round 7 to have new draftee names added to the lists on the game?

Can’t stress enough how important those gameplay improvements on March 19th is to the future of the game
100%. If the same issues are still there, all the Proteam and patches will be useless. Proteam needs to be something special also.

It's hilarious they have "further gameplay improvements" 1 month after the initial patch.
Surely they could have had all the gameplay improvements in the first patch.
Goes to show they clearly haven't put any work into it until recently.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or that they plan to continue working on gameplay after dropping the first patch?

I no longer own the game, won’t be re-purchasing it for any of these updates unless the price (rightfully) drops down but for the people still hoping this new roadmap fixes everything, I hope it actually does because lets be frank, we’ve been let down massively by this mob over the past year. It’s now or never for Big Ant and its time to seriously start communicating with their customer base way better than what they have been.

I no longer own the game, won’t be re-purchasing it for any of these updates unless the price (rightfully) drops down but for the people still hoping this new roadmap fixes everything, I hope it actually does because lets be frank, we’ve been let down massively by this mob over the past year. It’s now or never for Big Ant and its time to seriously start communicating with their customer base way better than what they have been.
The communication will never change. Ross’ ego wouldn’t allow for any sort of change significant enough that would give off the ‘I was wrong’ sort of vibe.

Can only hope they genuinely wanted to make the greatest AFL game ever and have worked hard in the past 7 months to somewhat bring back just a little bit of respect.

have worked hard in the past 7 months to somewhat bring back just a little bit of respect.
I think you're kidding yourself. Their resources have been 100% towards Cricket 24 and trying to get that game up to scratch. According to many it's still not great!.

I would dare say they've started working on patching AFL about 4 weeks ago which is about when Cricket 24 patches stopped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back