Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michaels did you capture any new footage and you're just not allowed to show it yet or is that video you posted all there is?
Didn't get the chance to capture the footage on that occasion, but not sure if a return visit is on the cards or not to do capturing of footage.

OK, the extra modes would be good if the game had been out for a good while and feature complete, but why put resources into that now when there's other areas of attention still?

Appreciate the fact you got to check it out. Did you get to check out any of the gameplay? You are one of those people I hope this works out for.
yeah saw some gameplay, it was weird (in a good way) to see Gawn tapping the ball down to non melbourne players.

Kind of like how state of origin feels.

I believe there is a gameplay tweak / update coming with this patch too, not sure what that is specifically though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another post on the game modes discussed in the video, in particular the 'Premiership Challenge' mode.
1718339707911.png

He does mention 'the numbers can change'... so don't get too upset that it says 80% of players make 'The Finals'. (looking at you mickelboy182 to see what you could possibly hate about this info).

Another post on the game modes discussed in the video, in particular the 'Premiership Challenge' mode.
View attachment 2019432

He does mention 'the numbers can change'... so don't get too upset that it says 80% of players make 'The Finals'. (looking at you mickelboy182 to see what you could possibly hate about this info).

Really not much to say other than it's yet another treadmill. All of these modes boil down to 'play a bunch of games and watch numbers go up'. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, I just don't imagine this game will have the playerbase to warrant the maintenance on the dev side.

I can't say I fully grasp the discussion of a bracket when from that paragraph it doesn't sound like there will be an eventual winner, just a basic ranking system you see in any multiplayer game.

I can't say I fully grasp the discussion of a bracket when from that paragraph it doesn't sound like there will be an eventual winner, just a basic ranking system you see in any multiplayer game.
I'm pretty sure it's a ladder and bracket over the lifetime of the Pro Team season.
You finish higher in the season, you get better rewards (maybe players, packs, XP, etc.)

Is that a bad thing?
That's just one of the game modes... and it has ranking and awards with it. Better than just a leaderboard from typical multiplayer games.

I did mention there was nothing inherently wrong with it, just that it's a pretty 'empty' inclusion. Now actual brackets and tournament play, that could be fun.

Would it be safe to assume they aren't running dedicated servers and it's all P2P?

Would be hard to justify the cost unless they were in fact having thousands of daily users.

I'd say it's P2P, as I've said they've had issues with online play for years (even dating back to the first Don Bradman Cricket. It never seems to get better - from what I've seen in their games it's like the connection favours one person over the other. One person has a near flawless performace, while the other just sees teleporting players everywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back