Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been any updates on progress made to Management mode? Or if there's a time timeline for management mode to be improved? Do we even know if it will get better or is this just how management mode has always been planned to be? This is basically the only mode I play AFL games for, so have been waiting a month almost to play the game
Nothing of significance as yet mate.
Hopefully management is high up the list now and can start seeing some positive changes!

Whilst I probably won't touch it until Management mode gets some love (if it even does which I suspect it won't) I'd rather them be fixing the teleporting tackles that made the game unplayable that I'm still reading about
At the very least injuries, suspensions and form fluctuations from seniors and reserves so we have to change our team each week would suffice for me.
I can make do with the incomplete contract and drafts (as much I feel it needs work, I could live with how it is) but reasons to change teams each week would be an absolute minimum for me.

Seems that Management Mode is the one mode that the majority would love to be worked on and have included features which have been suggested in previous posts. It seems a bit obvious that a single player career would've been quite popular if it was included.

I hope that Proteam is really on point and worth it to not include the single player career mode.

How are people really of the belief the gameplay is good?
All this management mode and pro team are the last piece of the puzzle is absolute rubbish.

I have already stated my thoughts on management mode.

But the gameplay still needs so much work, regardless of difficulty, winning or loosing. The gameplay is super boring.

The big issues for me currently are:
-handballing needs a lot of improvement
-Marking needs a better structure.
-tactics are required for both user and opposition AI.
Personally I think this is why the game is currently so boring to play, less man on man and more gameplay structure that requires countering the opposition's gameplay.
-fix the bugs and glitches. Still to many errand kicks and handballs flying off into the sunset, players morphing through other players, getting called for out of bounds when taking a kick from the boundary to name a few.

I have been placing plenty of tickets and get replies to everyone to Big Ants credit.

Remember, suggestions aren't an attack.

But I must say, it is getting super disappointing seeing Ross only reply to his thoughts on Trolls and not the question regarding the game people have paid full price for.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How are people really of the belief the gameplay is good?
All this management mode and pro team are the last piece of the puzzle is absolute rubbish.

I have already stated my thoughts on management mode.

But the gameplay still needs so much work, regardless of difficulty, winning or loosing. The gameplay is super boring.

The big issues for me currently are:
-handballing needs a lot of improvement
-Marking needs a better structure.
-tactics are required for both user and opposition AI.
Personally I think this is why the game is currently so boring to play, less man on man and more gameplay structure that requires countering the opposition's gameplay.
-fix the bugs and glitches. Still to many errand kicks and handballs flying off into the sunset, players morphing through other players, getting called for out of bounds when taking a kick from the boundary to name a few.

I have been placing plenty of tickets and get replies to everyone to Big Ants credit.

Remember, suggestions aren't an attack.

But I must say, it is getting super disappointing seeing Ross only reply to his thoughts on Trolls and not the question regarding the game people have paid full price for.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I personally find the game play fun but also acknowledge that your concerns being fixed would make it even more fun.
Tactics would also go a long way to countering opposition plays.

I don't think people are trolling and attacking for the sake of it, I feel like a lot of people had genuine concerns about the lack of information regarding the game and then the complete mixed messages surrounding xbox and release. When everything went pear shaped with the Xbox delay and bugged release people were quite rightly annoyed and disappointed, even more so now when the messages they received suggested tactics and the like would be in the game by now.

I can't comment on the state of the game as I gave my cousins PS5 back so haven't played it in over two weeks so I understand its changed but I would have been extremely disappointed paying for it and still not being able to play management mode or pro team. Stated many times before huge fan of their cricket game series but the botched handling of AFL and now lack of info on cricket has me seriously doubting myself about purchasing the game.

Most likely won't get AFL on the xbox, if cricket is coming out around the same or similar time I would rather fork out and spend the little time I have on that more complete game, not sure how many others using Xbox would be still keen on purchasing the game considering it was originally an April release date could turn into a 2-3 month delay. Probably Pro team release might be the only thing that has Xbox users keen ?

Surely there will be tactics. At the 1/4 and 3/4 time huddle animation the board says "Balanced", is that a sign that tactics were meant to be in the game.
Also, in Twistie's video of the game a week before release... it showed 'FWD Tactic' and 'Kick Out Tactic' boards that weren't both the Balanced that we see now. Hopefully these are examples of what we can eventually choose.

1685429974481.png

Also, in Twistie's video of the game a week before release... it showed 'FWD Tactic' and 'Kick Out Tactic' boards that weren't both the Balanced that we see now. Hopefully these are examples of what we can eventually choose.

View attachment 1700522
Wonder if in that case, tactics are what wrecked everything? Not sure why it would but interesting to see itā€™s basically the last thing to come back when it was there before

Wonder if in that case, tactics are what wrecked everything? Not sure why it would but interesting to see itā€™s basically the last thing to come back when it was there before
Could just be the hardest to balance in a game where so many other things needed fixing first....

I doubt it was a single thing that wrecked the release... although I have my suspicions of what may have caused a last minute change that triggered the breaking change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could just be the hardest to balance in a game where so many other things needed fixing first....

I doubt it was a single thing that wrecked the release... although I have my suspicions of what may have caused a last minute change that triggered the breaking change.
I have my suspicion that was the actual state of the game on release.

What are your suspicions? Genuinely curious!
I have absolutely no proof of this at all...
But.... now it's my time to put the tin foil hat on. :)

Given there was a few weeks delay on PS4/PS5/PC due to the XBox discs.... I would've thought the game would have been super-stable by release.
So then...
A week out, there's word that XBox still wasn't coming for ages....

So.... with PS4/PS5/PC ready to release....if I were in charge of feature releases (which, to be clear, I'm not and I have no idea if this is anywhere near what happened)....

I would have tried to remove some 'extra' features so that they could be released for everyone at the time when the XBox version is released.... so that XBox users don't completely miss out on everything....
Things like ProTeam, Legends, and maybe more...

If this theory is anywhere near true... then the attempted removal of those features could've accidentally created a broken build, that we all forcibly received....

Takes off tin foil hat and awaits the comments about being wrong

I'm glad this thread has highlighted the complete lack of depth in management mode. Yes, gameplay is a HUGE priority but if this is all we have to play with in management mode, it doesn't matter how good the gameplay is because it will not keep players engaged. It right now is essentially a bunch of play now games with a ladder, there is absolutely nothing to manage except for an extremely unintuitive player contract/transfer system at the end of each year.

Hope Ross or BA can at least acknowledge the concerns on the thread.

But it wasn't because we saw the videos of it the week leading up to release.
Except we've had 3 weeks now to prove it was. Even if your theory is right, it doesn't take 3 weeks to fix that. Still no word on Xbox, I think the theory that it didn't pass their QA holds and maybe still hasn't due to recurring crashing issues even though they sound 90% resolved now. As I said earlier, I'd have pulled it and then saved the daily updates\rebreaking and just relaunched it with xbox again. I'm in the Xbox camp and was waiting anyway but seemed the logical thing to do, not sure I'll buy now though.

Except we've had 3 weeks now to prove it was. Even if your theory is right, it doesn't take 3 weeks to fix that. Still no word on Xbox, I think the theory that it didn't pass their QA holds and maybe still hasn't due to recurring crashing issues even though they sound 90% resolved now. As I said earlier, I'd have pulled it and then saved the daily updates\rebreaking and just relaunched it with xbox again. I'm in the Xbox camp and was waiting anyway but seemed the logical thing to do, not sure I'll buy now though.
There was videos with streamers pre release that literally show a better build than what was released. LITERALLY.
Streamers have confirmed it also.
Something obviously has gone awfully wrong on release, obviously.
And to Big Ants credit theyā€™re working incredibly hard to fix what has happened.

What we saw pre-release could have been an entirely different build completely (and deliberately) and the fact Ross had said that theyā€™d explain what went wrong and weā€™ve heard nothing makes me think itā€™s in the tactics camp of NFI, as a particular individual likes to put it.

Well, no one except Big Ant really knows how long it SHOULD take to fix the broken release.
There are probably a number of factors in it not being a 'rebuild the latest code and replace it'...and that's why we get the fixes bit-by-bit in patches.

But the video seen at the launch, and Caden McDonald's video, and Twistie's video, all showed a game where players could be controlled, tackles were sticking, and the game wasn't crashing... all things that were different with the initial release (and broken patch) that we got.

Not sure if Microsoft's QA theory could also be true... maybe it could be a separate reason to it being delayed... but the proof is in the videos of where the game WAS at.

I don't think people are trolling and attacking for the sake of it, I feel like a lot of people had genuine concerns about the lack of information regarding the game and then the complete mixed messages surrounding xbox and release. When everything went pear shaped with the Xbox delay and bugged release people were quite rightly annoyed and disappointed, even more so now when the messages they received suggested tactics and the like would be in the game by now.

I can't comment on the state of the game as I gave my cousins PS5 back so haven't played it in over two weeks so I understand its changed but I would have been extremely disappointed paying for it and still not being able to play management mode or pro team. Stated many times before huge fan of their cricket game series but the botched handling of AFL and now lack of info on cricket has me seriously doubting myself about purchasing the game.

Most likely won't get AFL on the xbox, if cricket is coming out around the same or similar time I would rather fork out and spend the little time I have on that more complete game, not sure how many others using Xbox would be still keen on purchasing the game considering it was originally an April release date could turn into a 2-3 month delay. Probably Pro team release might be the only thing that has Xbox users keen ?

Except some of the people who have relentlessly criticised have stated that they have no intention of buying or playing the game.

So why are they still here 24/7? Find a new hobby...

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back