Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@BigAntStudios Will indigenous guernseys be added this week??
They may never been in let alone it being next week. This was the last BA had to say on it, on May 5th…

We hope to feature indigenous guernseys, we have created them all, so long as all of the parties involved are give the go-ahead then they will feature.

About halfway through ps4 management career, played tonight for the first time in a couple days with the most recent 2 patches and feel like it’s gone backwards.

I was really enjoying it a couple days ago, I think I played about 8 games then thought I better got to sleep. Was excited to update patches today but played 3 games tonight and was over it.

I’m Playing as the crows on medium it’s a good challenge. Im winning the games I should, then the better teams are a good challenge. Some I win some I lose. Post patch though was a joke… tackles weren’t working or if they did very periodically, players were glitching not picking up the ball or running over it and the AI 5 metres away picked up the ball, couldn’t get a kick away without being caught HTB, players were running where I wasn’t making them, players selecting at the goal square instead of in the centre right next to a guy I could have tackled with the ball, stab kicks being intercepted by someone 10 metres away.

So depressing, i was really enjoying it the other night and now it’s gone backwards. I know it’s all tweaking things to get the balance but ugh I dunno. Maybe I just need to put it down for a couple weeks and see how it looks in a bit with more features etc.

It’s always worked, must create a free PSN account (minimum) for both players, and have them logged in.
It does not work unless you do a workaround. If you add a second controller already signed in to a PS account it tries to sign you in again through the game and then crashes with an error message.

The workaround is to have 1 player select both teams and then once the game begins pause and add the second controller. But it is the same ps account as player 1 not a second account.

It does not work unless you do a workaround. If you add a second controller already signed in to a PS account it tries to sign you in again through the game and then crashes with an error message.

The workaround is to have 1 player select both teams and then once the game begins pause and add the second controller. But it is the same ps account as player 1 not a second account.
I just tried this, and didn’t have an issue.
PS5, Patch 15.

Yeah stats are still pretty busted. Season stats has Touk Miller at over 400 disposals, I counted and he’s had like 60. Just played a game, James Worpel had 24 touches. Post game said he had 12.

Also is tackling still impossible or is it just me doing something wrong?

The post game stats in the bog count contested possessions. Not disposals for some reason.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just some complaints I have after my first 2 matches of 1.14 (first games since 1.11, also PS4)
  • players who are (very) far away shouldn't be able to get to the contest and spoil the ball
  • the goal replays need to be fixed, you can't see anything
  • boy, would I love tactics
  • the giants don't have the correct "away" unifrom (the orange is their clash jumper)
  • the Saint's "clash" uniform is actually their away, the proper clash (red back) is for some reason not set as such
  • shouldnt need internet to enter the game, nor for the result of a match to be "processed" (you don't need it for any BA cricket games, didn't need it in AFL Live, why do we here?)
  • custom teams banners shouldn't just be black with their logo
  • every team should have the same amount of Bounus jumpers
  • contested marks are near impossible to take
  • the umpiring is dog crap (played 2 matches today, didn't even get an "incorrect disposal" free
  • you cant (apparently) any longer dispose of the ball in a tackle
  • kick outs are just as bad as Live 1 ( I suggest we replace it with a cut scene of someone kicking the ball down the middle. Gets the same points across)
  • the role selection is gone (when in the line-up mangament, the button I'm supposed to press isn't shown)
  • every AI set shot makes the distance (very unrealistic)
  • players should be in the goal square when a kick is coming
  • the song you set for a custom team doesn't save
  • Breaking out of tackles while running doesn't seem to be a thing (anymore)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a few of games on Steam, pretty frustrating. I know there's rough edges but this feels a bit more like the devs being avant-garde with the sliders in the last patch (or whatever the devs use for tweaking).

Kicking definitely feels like it is taking longer and I was noticing that (consistently) in general play the AI would have a cluster of players running with the ball carrier while your AI teammates just stood around in position. If you tackled and the ball spilled anywhere other than the middle or near a goal square very little was achieved.

The behaviour you had during the week where you could handball to a teammate and they would keep running is gone - we're back to the WW days of the player turning to face the ball carrier, thinking 'cool, I guess I'll turn around then. And after that, I guess I better accelerate. And then whaaa? Tackled! How?!?'.

Players freezing on receipt of the ball and 50m rocket handballs over the head - these two quirks are getting pretty tiresome.

I say all this bc I love the game, at some point in the future it will be great. And we took a big step forward during the week. Gargh!

@BigAntStudios thanks for all your efforts in patching the game thus far. Just wondering if online leaderboards for PS will he coming soon? Seeing as Steam now has them.
While the leaderboards aren’t visible I’m pretty sure matches are still being tracked. I had a couple of people rage quit on me and got a message pop up saying I was awarded the win.

Only a matter of time before we can see them I guess.

While the leaderboards aren’t visible I’m pretty sure matches are still being tracked. I had a couple of people rage quit on me and got a message pop up saying I was awarded the win.

Only a matter of time before we can see them I guess.
I can see console players on the leaderboard on the pc version.

Just had a few of games on Steam, pretty frustrating. I know there's rough edges but this feels a bit more like the devs being avant-garde with the sliders in the last patch (or whatever the devs use for tweaking).

Kicking definitely feels like it is taking longer and I was noticing that (consistently) in general play the AI would have a cluster of players running with the ball carrier while your AI teammates just stood around in position. If you tackled and the ball spilled anywhere other than the middle or near a goal square very little was achieved.

The behaviour you had during the week where you could handball to a teammate and they would keep running is gone - we're back to the WW days of the player turning to face the ball carrier, thinking 'cool, I guess I'll turn around then. And after that, I guess I better accelerate. And then whaaa? Tackled! How?!?'.

Players freezing on receipt of the ball and 50m rocket handballs over the head - these two quirks are getting pretty tiresome.

I say all this bc I love the game, at some point in the future it will be great. And we took a big step forward during the week. Gargh!
The stuck in the mud turn is intolerable, same with the game almost demanding you to stay on the mark, when you want to play on. None of those issues are in their 2011 game.

They’re having a weekend off, and rightly so, have been working tirelessly since launch.

Weirdly, I don’t seem to be experiencing quite a few of the issues mentioned in the last few pages, very happy with the progress of the game fixes.
Should have had another 6-12 months to develop it, rather than pushing them the last few weeks. The game still has a lot of glaring issues that are not in their 2011 AFL game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back