Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hilarious that all that effort went into animating a coin and yet thereā€™s no point to it.

I can picture one of the workers ā€œshouldnā€™t we like put wind indicators in this bit so thereā€™s a point to this?ā€

ā€œShut up mate look at that coinā€

ā€œOkay fine letā€™s work on the gameplay now thenā€

ā€œNah bro weā€™re working on the team song bitā€

ā€œBut the animation doesnā€™t even look goodā€

ā€œDoesnā€™t matter weā€™re putting real singing over it everyone will love itā€

IF I were in the studios, that would be me in that conversation, except I'd also want to make sure the adboards look good and the tape on the banners was shiny.

Quite a radical and out there idea, but imagine if Elevenlabs could be used to create all the commentary lines, just license the commentators voices. That tech is getting very convincing.
I reckon they should bring in the bloke from SA Regional Footy (Chook), he does a great job at short notice. He commentates 2 or more games some weekends from all sorts of leagues and manages to get the names right most of the time.

I think it's just common sense to have a wind hud, especially at those coin tosses. IR Gurus did it, 20 years ago.
100% - your feedback is a big part of this game getting to the game we want it to be. Glad you're doing it the right way too and not like those on Facebook etc. just having a laugh with all the negativity

Frustrating. Not sure if this is a bug or not or just me moving too quick. Take a mark, turn and press kick without running off and get drilled holding the ball. Surely it should just be a smother and not a holding the ball right? Havenā€™t reported this because I donā€™t know if itā€™s me being an idiot or the game behaviour not being right
View attachment 1884b826d1073-master_playlist.mov

Frustrating. Not sure if this is a bug or not or just me moving too quick. Take a mark, turn and press kick without running off and get drilled holding the ball. Surely it should just be a smother and not a holding the ball right? Havenā€™t reported this because I donā€™t know if itā€™s me being an idiot or the game behaviour not being right
View attachment 1695399
Can't rotate after a mark, either, unless you "play-on".

BigAntStudios
I noted in the play now options before the game, you have an option for AFL or VFL rules. Is there a plan to have an option for SANFL rules?
The SANFL has a distinct rule about last out of bounds, uses 25 metre penalties instead of 50 and the use of the ball up even at centre bounce instead of a centre bounce.

Sounds like the WAFL are considering simliar things. Does anyone know if they have been implemented in the WAFL?

1684895317208.png

View attachment 1695399
I have that happen quite a bit if I try and kick before the player has fully finished going back from his mark. I tend to agree it should probably smother rather than tackle, though Sam Powell-Pepper and that umpire in the Showdown would tend to disagree.

For the man on the mark I don't think it should really happen if trying to kick at a 45 or 90 degree angle. Fair enough to smother me if I've kicked it directly at the man on the mark after taking 3 steps back.

BigAntStudios
I noted in the play now options before the game, you have an option for AFL or VFL rules. Is there a plan to have an option for SANFL rules?
The SANFL has a distinct rule about last out of bounds, uses 25 metre penalties instead of 50 and the use of the ball up even at centre bounce instead of a centre bounce.

Sounds like the WAFL are considering simliar things. Does anyone know if they have been implemented in the WAFL?

View attachment 1695409
They haven't added them into the wafl yet, I like the out of bounds rule but I hope they don't get rid of the center bounce.

Ryan Lester rated 87, heā€™s played over 20 games in a season once in his 13 year career.

Good lord, please tell me weā€™ll be able to fix these up ourselves for our offline management modes, just like every other major sports game does.

I find it hilarious that all that effort went into animating a coin and yet thereā€™s no point to it.

I can picture one of the workers ā€œshouldnā€™t we like put wind indicators in this bit so thereā€™s a point to this?ā€

ā€œShut up mate look at that coinā€

ā€œOkay fine letā€™s work on the gameplay now thenā€

ā€œNah bro weā€™re working on the team song bitā€

ā€œBut the animation doesnā€™t even look goodā€

ā€œDoesnā€™t matter weā€™re putting real singing over it everyone will love itā€

Thatā€™s gif is a perfect example of me on this forum šŸ¤£

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Lester rated 87, heā€™s played over 20 games in a season once in his 13 year career.

Good lord, please tell me weā€™ll be able to fix these up ourselves for our offline management modes, just like every other major sports game does.

Nope. Ross said a while back that it will never be allowed because people have asked for ratings to be done this way... Not sure who asked. Probably Goldberg

View attachment 1695399

I had that happening a lot as well, learnt pretty quickly to let my player step back off the ai standing on the mark before I play on or kick, handball etc. I was getting pinged all the time, but it was my own fault. They do smother as well by why smother if they can tackle you holding the ball.

The partnership with champion data has its drawbacks

Obviously a bad call to make

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nope. Ross said a while back that it will never be allowed because people have asked for ratings to be done this way... Not sure who asked. Probably Goldberg
Never once mentioned ratings, don't really care about that stuff, tbh. I'm more worried about if a player can even move when commanded, or even pass a ball forward when commanded instead of backwards, that type of thing.

Last edited:

It is genuinely baffling that we can't, it's not even like it's a feature it has been a given in sports games for as long as I can remember. It becomes especially important if CD are going to butcher it this badly. The replay ability of this game isn't good atm, with management mode being both bare bones and dysfunctional and custom competitions only being one season long. There are a lot of things about this game that just make you wonder...

Small gripe but when going through player contracts, every time you select a player then go back it takes you back to the top of the list. Annoying if you're down near the bottom or going one by one and don't want to lose your place in the list. QOL change that needs to happen and should be relatively easy imo

Also, the auto interchange still needs work. It has weird issues where it forces players into positions every game. No matter what, after the first stoppage it moves Nathan Murphy onto the wing for me and he stays there all game. Same as Beau Mccreery being moved to the defence, and Tom Mitchell occasionally being moved to fullback. Plz ross. Will do a ticket.

It is genuinely baffling that we can't, it's not even like it's a feature it has been a given in sports games for as long as I can remember. It becomes especially important if CD are going to butcher it this badly. The replay ability of this game isn't good atm, with management mode being both bare bones and dysfunctional and custom competitions only being one season long. There are a lot of things about this game that just make you wonder...
The lack of customisation with the players is something that was last seen in sports games in 2005.
Itā€™s baffling, and theyā€™ve got your money already.
Iā€™m an Xbox owner and Iā€™ve been spared the bemusement of loading it up myself and flicking through the menus looking a core structure in games thatā€™s missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back