Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had my first win on hard. It's now possible to have a somewhat fun game.

I feel like we are slowly getting rid of the bugs in a solidly triaged order. If we think about it:

1) On launch there literally was not defence
2) After a few patches there were still crazy crashes
3) After a few more patches it was impossible to kick without being tackled
4) You could spoil everything

So we have that stuff sort of fixed... however whenever i get comfortable thinking "oh, that's fixed, it's fun now" I just look at the next level of the triage and find a myriad of things that don't work. For example:

1) Subs don't work
2) Still no idea how set shots work
3) Torpedos for goal seem to always go through the middle, regardless of distance and your direction you're facing, leading to some funky animations
4) Snap set shots spin the opposite way, at least for one of the kicks
5) On the run snap kicks just go to random directions. I don't see any reason to do them when the regular shot at goal directs the kick even if on an angle
6) Random little UI/sound things **** up from time to time, like the initial siren and the 15 second warning for set shots disappearing
7) Stab kicks trigger a play on during the kick, so if you aren't very far off the man on the mark, you'll get tackled despite not pressing to play on
8) Sometimes marking makes sense, like if a guy clearly has front position, but if it's 1 on 1 it's a crap shoot, with the two players completely overlapping. There is no weight to it. AFL Evo 2 did marking much better
9) I feel like we forgot that there are no speccies, because we just wanted basic marks to work
10) Oh and... tactics? I still don't understand how a sports game in 2023 can release without tactics, particularly when it was lauded to have assistant coaches help out.
11) Kicking still very hard to place. I have no idea how much the distance thing helps. Only stab kicks really feel smooth

Created a support ticket for the screens within the stadiums being black 95% of the time I see them in game. Obviously not massive gameplay wise but definitely an immersion killer. Anyone else experiencing this on PC or even console? I don't believe I have seen anyone mention it here but I could have just missed it.

Not a huge complaint obviously bigger things to come first but thought it was worth bringing it up anyway.
I haven't noticed that since launch, I'm on PC. They seemingly patched it the second day, at least on my end. Custom grounds even have screens working for me.

I haven't noticed that since launch, I'm on PC. They seemingly patched it the second day, at least on my end. Custom grounds even have screens working for me.

Using a glitch video to show that another, unrelated glitch has been fixed?

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Aren't they looking to have a good relationship with the Player's Association as well? I imagine that there are lots of parties who DON'T want their stats modified (including the players themselves).

With the immersion thing... I'm struggling to understand why not being able to edit them makes it less immersive? I would've thought it would be the other way around

I agree it should be an average thing rather than a week to week thing. Ryan Lester as a provided example has had a great 3 weeks or so of football, but is generally pretty average
Every sports game allows you to edit player stat's and it's a great feature. Champion Data is a terrible way to determine a players stat's.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WAFL has unique commercial challenges that other State leagues do not have.

It will be in tonight.
Sounds entirely fair. Great news. I've never had much to do with WAFL, so it is exciting. Will there be Burley balls? Or is that another commercial challenge?

Handballing is terrible, holding the ball doesn't exist for the AI, wind indicator non existent and wind is only in 10% of games, 95% of spoils always go to the opponent, players never manned up, players run away from opponent in 90% of centre bounces and hitouts, difficulty is arbitrary where I sometimes win by 60+ or lose by 4+ goals because the AI is unstoppable. Literally every single footy mechanic in this game is broken. Can't be bothered listing them all but those are the most concerning ones. Such a shame it's almost been 1 month and the game is still garbage. bigant may as well give us all a refund for this scam they have put out. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Champion data has always been known for being quite terrible I thought. Stats are not always the whole story.
They rated Josh Dunkley's game the other week (BOG from memory) quite poorly.

Is anyone else looking forward to pro team
Or whatever they are calling it? Initially I wasnā€™t as I was thinking like fifa people that have money to throw away will have the best team possible. I remember Ross saying something about just playing you can unlock stuff as well (same as what I did on ultimate team).

I used to have a bit of luck pulling good players from packs I had won from weekend league or draft etc etc. hopefully thereā€™s a similar game mode to draft mode in fifa so the people that donā€™t have the money to throw away still get that experience and fun of playing with legend players/upgraded player cards etc.

I think itā€™ll add a heap more to the game and keep me coming back more to play rather then just doing management mode as it is at the moment.

I am reaching out to those logo / Guernsey creators out there for some help!

I'm really keen to make a Pink Panter custom team to play in season mode but for the life of my I cannot get my logo uploaded as a SVG file to even begin the process of creating everything.

If there is anyone out there that I could send the logo to and they get it uploaded so i can download it from the community that would be amazing!!

Weird, maybe I need to update drivers or play around with some settings maybe. Could be a graphical issue on my end I suppose. I definitely noticed it at Adelaide Oval.

Is there any chance that holding the ball against the other team is glitched or not working correctly?

So many times Iā€™ve pinged the opponent clearly HTB only nothing to be paid and they pick it up and goal. Over and over and over.

Might just wait for sliders at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back