Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be funny if the PlayStation patch is given a vague "July/August" release date.

If thats the case I canā€™t imagine many on the PS4/5 holding out too much longer and continuing to play šŸ˜§ Iā€™ve already gone nearly a fortnight without playing unfortunately, thereā€™s just zero replay value without a functioning Online or Management Mode to sink intoā€¦

I wouldnā€™t be holding your breath on a console patch tomorrow, very unlikely to get one dropped over a weekend currently because fixes wouldnā€™t be available until Tuesday.

On management mode (whether itā€™s in its final state or not according to the box), if youā€™re going to come in throwing around comments like ā€œit will rival EA and 2K gamesā€ you might want to show something, anything that justifies those claims.

Right now it seems like a whole lot of talking the talk but certainly not walking the walk. Having said that, not much talking lately either!

At my cousins and having a game again on PS5. Havenā€™t had any real issues and majority of the game play has been smooth. Couple of good marks running back with the flight.

Goal kicking seems to be to easy though weā€™ve barely missed shots. Iā€™ve kicked 2 from 60 with Jack Billings on the run. I havenā€™t timed the goal kick button on those at all and itā€™s flown over the fence post height and dead straight both times.

If thats the case I canā€™t imagine many on the PS4/5 holding out too much longer and continuing to play šŸ˜§ Iā€™ve already gone nearly a fortnight without playing unfortunately, thereā€™s just zero replay value without a functioning Online or Management Mode to sink intoā€¦

Yeah likewise. Ross and co have deserted the thread which to me suggests they are now mostly done with gameplay fixes. Gameplay in its current state is not good enough, so hopefully not the case

Another goal celebration glitch
Player kicks the goal, celebration camera showed part of the goal before zooming in and did a scan around the crowd....... but at seat level (so I saw a lot of legs and not faces). Thought it was strange and yes I need to capture LIVE in game footage more often so these glitches can get seen and highlighted more instead of just text versions.

Recorded a cpu v cpu game for an hour and it finally happened :p

Michaels can back this comment up and hard to be taken any other way....more to be added in Management mode.

Sorry I didnā€™t write that correctly, I believe you about him saying something in michaels stream as I has watched a couple where Ross has dropped in. I meant Rossā€™ comment should be taken with a grain of salt.

Clearly management mode isnā€™t feature complete if Ross is willing to make comments like that and I donā€™t understand the secrecy behind it. The game is out. Thereā€™s no NDAā€™s specified around management mode.

EDIT: Not to mention we were promised the deepest AFL game of all time and AFL 23ā€™s current management mode doesnā€™t even scratch the surface of Evo 2 let alone the bigger titles like FIFA and 2K which is the comparison we should allegedly be making

Iā€™m not arguing itā€™s not feature complete, I just really donā€™t see what else there is to add going From the description and lack of follow up info about what is potentially to be included

Yeah likewise. Ross and co have deserted the thread which to me suggests they are now mostly done with gameplay fixes. Gameplay in its current state is not good enough, so hopefully not the case
Think you will find their lack of visibility in this thread is more to do with how they have been treated by some posters IMO.

Wouldn't blame them either!

Think you will find their lack of visibility in this thread is more to do with how they have been treated by some posters IMO.

Wouldn't blame them either!
Yes, Weren't they planning to set up their own public forum thing?

Could it be tied to that?

EDIT: The lack of visibility recently is what I was referring to.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yes they are doing that too!

They release a sub-par product and canā€™t take constructive criticism?

Solution - create their own forum where they can moderate as they likeā€¦ wonder how objective that would be?

They release a sub-par product and canā€™t take constructive criticism?

Solution - create their own forum where they can moderate as they likeā€¦ wonder how objective that would be?

Dare I say it but 80% would get banned in a flash

Maybe 90% if the Indian cricket fans melt :p

Doesnt really explain them only vacating in the last week or 2, that's been going on for months
I think the last bit of your sentence answers your first bit!

I think the last bit of your sentence answers your first bit!

I think you've got the Big Ant blinkers on a bit. Yes some posters have been abusive/overly persistent with their negativity. On the other hand, Big Ant have completely misled consumers about game content and readiness, consistently not delivered on gameplay elements and game featured and been very vague on what improvements are coming.

And throughout all this, the insults have been flowing in both directions. It hasn't been as one sided as you're making out.

I'm not on any one side here, but the reality is when you release a broken game and then fail to have fixed it 2 months later, after repeatedly stating how it was ready in May, you do open yourself up for criticism.

To the point re Big Ants activity in this thread. We've seen a big reduction in patches, patch content in the last fortnight has failed to make any significant changes to gameplay with glaring bugs still persisting, and now Big Ants presence in this thread has declined drastically. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Give away a 50m penalty from their kick in.
Player standing just outside of the player of the mark, catches the ball the AI kicked... not 15 (acceptable), player gets tackled and instant holding the ball
I think thatā€™s technically the correct call. If the hawks player was tackled immediately then it should have been a ball up, but because they move forward, I think thatā€™s ā€˜prio opportunityā€™ and hence HTB.

Donā€™t mind decisions like this because there are 50-50 calls in the actual games too. So it adds a bit of realism šŸ˜†

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back