Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some other things I noticed in one game on PS5:-
  • Max King got a likeness (or just hair) update (may have been in a previous Steam patch also)
  • even more speccy animations than before
  • Radial player select (L1+R Stick) works a lot better with the ‘flick’ way of working while holding L1… much like FIFA’s. (didn’t check if this is the same for Player Lock when you have the ball)
  • Kick-in camera - you can point and kick correctly (no need to play on to kick in the right direction anymore)
  • the tactical sub works!!!

Last edited:

Didn't expect that to happen after posting that a playstation patch was available.

I know server issues can exist (Evo 2 has been prone to it at least on pc for years with a "connecting to server" message that can't be bypassed as opposed to "press A to continue"). But Big Ant have had a run of bad luck since April. Maybe they'll have another mishap where the next update resets itself back to the May 4th status :p.

Hoping to get a crack at it tonight if not tomorrow before going on holidays!
Hopefully this patch has some big fixes and the game is in some good shape.

Take this however you want but at least it was an easy fix. After all that time I hope it finally plays well on sonsoleView attachment 1734842
Why would the big ant servers be hammered from the 10 people downloading the ps patch from the ps servers. At 1130pm on a Monday night?

Last edited:
Why would the big ant servers be hammered from the 10 people downloading the ps patch from the ps servers. At 1130pm on a Monday night?
My console automatically downloads game updates, even in rest Mode. (I think it was a setting I turned on).

Maybe the servers going down was my ‘user error’. 🤪

Anyway, it’s working now… and the patch appears to be a great improvement for the very patient PS players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those who have played since the patch can you please advise if players no longer get stuck in mud when receiving the ball? Handballs go the direction you aim? 50m penalties are actually awarded? Deliberate out of bounds?

Have they fixed management mode so you can actually sign delisted free agents etc.?

Those who have played since the patch can you please advise if players no longer get stuck in mud when receiving the ball? Handballs go the direction you aim? 50m penalties are actually awarded? Deliberate out of bounds?

Have they fixed management mode so you can actually sign delisted free agents etc.?
If nobody has done so by the time I get home tonight I’ll sim a season and get back to you

My console automatically downloads game updates, even in rest Mode. (I think it was a setting I turned on).

Maybe the servers going down was my ‘user error’. 🤪

Anyway, it’s working now… and the patch appears to be a great improvement for the very patient PS players.
My point is that the game is not being downloaded from Big Ants servers. Its being downloaded from the PS Servers. This is just another **** up (albeit minor) that Big Ant are pushing the blame onto something else rather than just copping it on the chin. Do these guys think we're stupid? We can see right through the shit they say.

Players still get stuck in mud
There are still teleport tackles
Movement is the same
Handballs the same

There are 50m penalties (that are too easily triggered imo).
Insufficient intent is in the game.

My point is that the game is not being downloaded from Big Ants servers. Its being downloaded from the PS Servers. This is just another * up (albeit minor) that Big Ant are pushing the blame onto something else rather than just copping it on the chin. Do these guys think we're stupid? We can see right through the s**t they say.
Given JNT posted the exact same spiel on the BA Boards… and he has proclaimed how he’s not a developer, my guess is he posted it and didn’t really understand the problem.

Could’ve just been a setting change (like the version check that happens at the title screen), that needed a Dev to bump it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is this patch for consoles just catching them up to all the patches steam received close to a month ago?

Going to assume there’s a few more patches needed before Xbox release is given the all clear by Microsoft going off of this.

Attachments

• IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 103
Players still get stuck in mud
There are still teleport tackles
Movement is the same
Handballs the same

There are 50m penalties (that are too easily triggered imo).
Insufficient intent is in the game.
Ok so the main gripes people have been complaining about still haven't been fixed? Way to listen Bigant!

Is the bug still there when kicking and the ball gets dropped to kick but then teleports back into players hands and tackled?

It's nothing to do with the women at all, add them in once the games core engines sound either next year or the year after but it was a flashing red flag to me to prioritise it now.
An AFL game should include BOTH Men’s & Women’s, the women’s game shouldn’t be something that gets added in 1 year later or years later in the next iteration. AFLW is part of the AFL, so any developer creating an AFL game needs to have both men’s and women’s.

Maybe they could have added in the women’s state leagues after fixing most of the issues but the AFLW is a must have requirement for any AFL game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back