Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see this being a major flop though for those reasons and god help them if micro transactions are apart of the mode. Will any of you actually fork money out for player cards?
I can't see many people forking out much money for the packs if that's what Bigant is expecting. The excitement about the game has all but died off and only the diehard fans continue to play it.

I will expect a jump in play when Proteam finally rolls out but like everything Bigant releases there will be major issues and the excitement will die off.

Imagine if Pro Team once again played differently than the other modes do…..5 main modes, all functioning differently (but still generally shit across the board) and they expect us to be grateful for what we get 🤣

I really do hope this game mode is good for those that play the game and worth it. It's not like people want them to fail I think everyone here does want a good AFL game in the end. I just don't like or agree with the way this mob has gone about it.

I ain't a huge fan of these modes as I don't have enough time to sit there and grind away to earn coins or VC but from the bits I have tried on NBA I can see why people get addicted, all the flashy card graphics and the pack ideas are a great way of making the game fun in a way and with NBA 1000% card rankings and different players certainly play different. Offline is okay because your playing the AI but trying to play online against teams full of 99 OVR Jordan, Kobe, Shaq etc is a nightmare and like I said I ain't spending real money or grinding enough to get those cards.

Hopefully AFL can find that balance between not having to grind to much but keeping it fun but the two biggest challenges they will face is the actual gameplay itself still seems buggy from what I have seen and the other thing I have noticed is players don't seem to be different like whether you are Curnow or Samson Ryan the same outcome will still happen in the game compared to NBA where it's a noticeable difference when playing as Curry hitting 3's or Ben Simmons trying to hit 3's.

I can see this being a major flop though for those reasons and god help them if micro transactions are apart of the mode. Will any of you actually fork money out for player cards?
I don't see how it will change the current gameplay.

Yep supposedly!!! I haven't logged many minutes lately but that was a common complaint along with all the difficulties being skewered
I’m not convinced that’s the case.
I just tested it by playing a Season game and a Play Now game, with as much matching up between them as possible.
Same difficulty (Hardest), same stadium (Adelaide Oval), same conditions (Night, Clear, No Wind), early in the Season (so no noticeable outs from injuries in the Season game)…

Both games were a hard tussle. Both they got away early and I pulled it back in the second half. Both I got smashed in the marking contests.
First game I made a few bad mistakes in the first quarter so that’s on me, but the rest felt were exactly the same.

Results:
Season game
Port Adelaide: 30
Melbourne (Me): 25

Play Now game
Port Adelaide: 32
Melbourne (Me): 38

Throughout the journey there were a few instances where the patch work did muck up the difficulties and several posters did comment on how different the game played in the various modes (eg: easiest was hardest, hardest was easiest etc). And when one was fixed (eg: difficulties lined up as they should in play now) - were then broken in season mode etc etc.

And it kept occurring after several patches late last year and something went screwy with the difficulty in the early patch this year.

Ah ok.
Well I didn’t try Management Mode in this test… but even so, my Management Mode I’ve been playing has felt about the same challenge as these games did… so there doesn’t seem to be any discrepancy anymore.

Ah ok.
Well I didn’t try Management Mode in this test… but even so, my Management Mode I’ve been playing has felt about the same challenge as these games did… so there doesn’t seem to be any discrepancy anymore.
I played 2 games in Management Mode after the last patch. 5 min qtrs on Hardest. Won by over 100 both games.
Where as on Play Now on Hardest, the margin is generally around 4-10 goals depending on opposition

I played 2 games in Management Mode after the last patch. 5 min qtrs on Hardest. Won by over 100 both games.
Where as on Play Now on Hardest, the margin is generally around 4-10 goals depending on opposition

It still makes me wonder how this is actually possible….presumably it all operates on the same code? I’m not a big FIFA player but on NBA2K the gameplay is the exact same in every mode except in Online where there may be the slightest amount of latency depending on connection. Crazy.

Would still love to know what Big Ant did for a catch up/difficulty boost mechanic that sometimes rears its head (usually in the 2nd and 4th quarter... occasionally the third as well). I was playing Essendon and smashed them in the first quarter and the third.... but the second and fourth it just got harder like EVERYTHING went their way in terms of stopping my attempts at goal. Yet they'd ping pong the ball to their end and I'd stop their run (an entire quarter of that back and forth is a bit bizarre).

Needless to say when I'm on I still have the magic touch:

wWRmhxv.png

2.5 minute quarters - should have belted them by more but stuffed up midway through.

"User error" seizure:

Twinkle toes Worpedo

Shin boner goal

Chol-ception

Got the downtown achievement with a set shot torpedo punt..... when it's not meant to be unlocked with a set shot :p "user error"

Stuck in mud - yes I know (as do others) that while they've reduced the severity of it.... it still occurs from time to time. I've played a few matches and wouldn't see it (5-7.5-15-20 min quarter lengths). Or if I did it was once or twice a match and very minimal (like 1 micro stutter effect).

I've played multiple matches in Management Mode, using 2.5 minute quarters.... and I'm seeing it occur 5+ times a quarter. I'm also having the invisible wall issue again, which is very annoying - but at least it's not like the entire back pocket line I guess :-/.

Here's a small slow mo stuck in mud + stutter moment.

Also I'm getting pretty decent at running the ball with ONE player from the defensive 50, to my own 50 and scoring a goal. Have done it with long-ish bounces, 14 bounces, and 18 bounces while running. It's a lot of fun, sadly the three I thought I recorded didn't transfer over :(. So I'll endeavor to record it next time!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It still makes me wonder how this is actually possible….presumably it all operates on the same code? I’m not a big FIFA player but on NBA2K the gameplay is the exact same in every mode except in Online where there may be the slightest amount of latency depending on connection. Crazy.
Yeah I wouldn’t have a clue.
I mean they obviously couldn’t care less about Management Mode so I’d assume it just doesn’t get attention even in testing. Hence why it’s still a mess

James Sicily goes on a run that Mick McGuane would be envious of

James Sicily goes on a run that Mick McGuane would be envious of

I love the ridiculously awful defensive AI that has the chasing players run to where the player is... at the time.. and then the player moves forward so the chaser is behind

I love the ridiculously awful defensive AI that has the chasing players run to where the player is... at the time.. and then the player moves forward so the chaser is behind

Looks better in game (less obvious that it's a pre determined running path they're running to). But I do agree.

**Also I cut through diagonally, makes it super easy to evade them.

If I had the editing skills I'd have Benny Hill music in the background.

Looks better in game (less obvious that it's a pre determined running path they're running to). But I do agree.

**Also I cut through diagonally, makes it super easy to evade them.

If I had the editing skills I'd have Benny Hill music in the background.

Has to be using sliders and/or easier difficulty? Definitely hasn't been my experience albeit haven't played for a couple of months now

Has to be using sliders and/or easier difficulty? Definitely hasn't been my experience albeit haven't played for a couple of months now

The only "sneaky" adjustment I've made was the acceleration speed (decreased to avoid the frequent speedy gozarles mode).

I've made it "harder" to mark to give myself more of a challenge, but in effect it makes scoring goals easier - ball deflects off the player, player gets the crumb and goals.

The only "sneaky" adjustment I've made was the acceleration speed (decreased to avoid the frequent speedy gozarles mode).
I don't know why the made the "Speedy Gonzales" speed as default, and why reducing it turns off all the pressure. It doesn't also help that it doesn't allow for switching players properly.
I've made it "harder" to mark to give myself more of a challenge, but in effect it makes scoring goals easier - ball deflects off the player, player gets the crumb and goals.
I'm assuming that's with the reduced speed, because the pressure is all gone?

It would be nice if one setting didn't cause a snowball effect and wreck others.

Also while I'm not seeing 'teleport tackles', because of the overall game speed... I still get caught with incorrect disposal a lot. I could be a few body lengths away, go for the kick away..... but by the time the ball drops to the foot... I've been pinged and give away the free kick.

A spin followed by a WWE style push in the back :p

Instead of being able to go straight to the player, I was only allowed to do a curved turn before finally locking on for the tackle.

Observe the Kangaroo player teleporting to be the speccie launching pad

Had to include this for fun, kicking the winning goal with 10 seconds left in the match :p

Created a ticket with bigant for some issues still, would’ve thought over a year after release than these would be fixed. Some flops in the gaming hub fb page are saying skill error…not sure how my player hitting an invisible wall when I’m trying to play on or my player just standing there is a skill error. I mean I’m not the best at the game but these issues are not skill related.

Created a ticket with bigant for some issues still, would’ve thought over a year after release than these would be fixed. Some flops in the gaming hub fb page are saying skill error…not sure how my player hitting an invisible wall when I’m trying to play on or my player just standing there is a skill error. I mean I’m not the best at the game but these issues are not skill related.

I see these are playing Online, where I’ve also noticed a number of issues.

I think the play on one is likely R2 (sprint) being held to get to the contest… then, being online, maybe just the slightest lag to make that press carry over to after you’ve marked it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back