Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
good call interesting apparently the build they where playing on was quiet old also which is weird 5-6 months

Hopefully the ruck and certain set shot animations are fixed by launch, since they were quite choppy in the gameplay videos.

GWS could be Chad Cornes, Luke Power or Steve Johnson

Yep Gold Coast would have to be Ablett

PS I just can’t see any of these representing the new clubs as legends. They are legends for their original club.
You mean Brisbane Lions legend, Luke Power :thumbsu:

Legends would be such a tough one - how far back would they go? You'd think they'd probably only look at the mid to late 2000s or so and up, and try and get a large chunk that are involved with AFL still or AFL Media. Complete stab at 2 from each club below

Adelaide - Ruccioto, Mcleod
Brisbane - Brown, Black
Carlton - Judd, Whitnall
Collingwood - Buckley, Swan
Essendon - Hird, Jobe
Fremantle - Pavlich, Mundy
Geelong - Scarlett, Bartel
Gold Coast - Gazza, god knows who else (maybe Harbrow?)
GWS - Mumford, Sheedy as a coach card?, Underwood as cheer squad leader
Hawthorn - Hodge, Mitchell
Melbourne - Neitz, Davey
North Melbourne - Harvey, Archer
Port Adelaide - Gray, Tredrea
Richmond - Deledio, Rance
St Kilda - Riewoldt, Dal Santo
Sydney - Kirk, Barry
West Coast - Cousins, Kennedy
Western Bulldogs - Boyd, Murphy

Legends would be such a tough one - how far back would they go? You'd think they'd probably only look at the mid to late 2000s or so and up, and try and get a large chunk that are involved with AFL still or AFL Media. Complete stab at 2 from each club below

Brisbane - Brown, Black
Carlton - Judd, Whitnall
Essendon - Hird, Jobe
Melbourne - Neitz, Davey
Sydney - Kirk, Barry
Or they just use all the AFL coaches to be classed as the legend players instead, I mean all of them (well besides my club’s coach funny enough) have played at AFL level anyhow so it wouldn’t be that difficult as such to copy and paste :p

Brisbane - Brown, Black
Carlton - Judd, Whitnall
Essendon - Hird, Jobe
Melbourne - Neitz, Davey
Sydney - Kirk, Barry
If we’re thinking early 2000s era then Voss, Aker, C.Johnson, Goodes, Bell, Sandilands, D.Cox, Lloyd, Fevola, Hall, Richardson, Koutafides, West, C.Cornes, Hayes, B.Johnson, S.Burgoyne, Crawford, Enright, Fletcher, Selwood, Wanganeen, R.Harvey, Hart, Primus, Darcy, Gehrig and A.Lynch are all worthy of consideration too!

Everyone forgetting that we can have older versions of current players in Star Team too! Easy to get the rights to as they already have them, and would allow for some interesting teams/pack concepts.

Perhaps you could get your hands on a young Hawthorn version of Buddy, or Connor McKenna from his Essendon days.

Packs could be subject to real world events too! A moments pack with players that had big games on the weekend, or a Coleman pack filled to the brim with past Coleman Medalists.

Could do so much with this mode if they really run with it

Everyone forgetting that we can have older versions of current players in Star Team too! Easy to get the rights to as they already have them, and would allow for some interesting teams/pack concepts.

Perhaps you could get your hands on a young Hawthorn version of Buddy, or Connor McKenna from his Essendon days.

Packs could be subject to real world events too! A moments pack with players that had big games on the weekend, or a Coleman pack filled to the brim with past Coleman Medalists.

Thinking Big ant must be confident the gameplay holds up well, to introduce a mode such as Star team

Unlikely to happen, but would be nice to have an option to feed legends into the free agency pool for access in management modes,
so u could add a legend or two to your roster for career modes.
Madden did something similar early on in their "connected franchise" days and Pro Evo had a way you could do it with their legends also.

Robbo’s video showed his player model in both a Carlton and Brisbane guernsey so they might already be playing with this idea

Thinking Big ant must be confident the gameplay holds up well, to introduce a mode such as Star team
I feel like the inexperienced players have done a disservice to how good the gameplay is atm (obviously not their fault btw)

If you look at the controls and the gameplay footage, it seems like the ‘tacklefest’ nature of the gameplay has more to do with players not knowing how to play - I haven’t seen anyone bump, evade or tap the ball along the ground (which you can do according to the controls)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First batch of legend is probably ready to go, barring a few legal boxes to be ticked.

Saw Selwood in last years trailer, Mitch Robinson already had his face scanned in before he went over to BA the other day. 2022 retirees are probably all scanned and ready to go

Robbo’s video showed his player model in both a Carlton and Brisbane guernsey so they might already be playing with this idea

I feel like the inexperienced players have done a disservice to how good the gameplay is atm (obviously not their fault btw)

If you look at the controls and the gameplay footage, it seems like the ‘tacklefest’ nature of the gameplay has more to do with players not knowing how to play - I haven’t seen anyone bump, evade or tap the ball along the ground (which you can do according to the controls)
I was always going to put Robbo in a Blues jumper :)

I was always going to put Robbo in a Blues jumper :)
Planet Of The Apes Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back