Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Bolded is the pivotal part though. There hasn't been any official footage which is truly bizarre.
I don’t disagree, personally I just take no real value from those type of videos. Footage of the game actually being played or reviews from places who can put games like these into context I find more valuable.

Context around that golf game is it was actually delayed by a few weeks, which might explain why they’ve only just shown actual gameplay footage. Not saying this game will be delayed, but I do understand some logic in waiting to show footage that will be as close to the launch product as possible before revealing.

I don’t disagree, personally I just take no real value from those type of videos. Footage of the game actually being played or reviews from places who can put games like these into context I find more valuable.

Agree with you there wholeheartedly. It is just baffling there isn't any official footage available this close to release, no matter the substance.

Man, the goal shot camera angle at 13:24 is straight out of AFL Live 1. Wild it took 12 years to get it back to that look.

Stop filming their farkin' ear and focus on the screen FFS.

Feel like Seymour Skinner skipping through that video. Am I so out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.

Never personally understand the hype over UT, I get it’s huge for a FIFA market where there is a huge player pool to choose from and the aspect of chemistry. But In AFL I’m really skeptical if it can work, I feel like it’ll be loading a game to see your team playing 15/22 same players as your own, unless there is a massive amount of past players within the game which can dilute the player pool a lot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out of all of the years of FUT, I've only given it a serious go in 3 games (15, and 17 especially.... and 17 was only because I paid for the deluxe edition where I got free weekly gold packs to use). It's good if you're into it, I'd rather just play manager mode and regular online multiplayer.

I wonder what the netcode for AFL 23 will be like ? Previous Big Ant games haven't been very good with online contests usually favoring one player over the other in terms of one gets a lag-fest while the other is able to play the game like it's a single player experience.

Seems relevant. Kotaku going hard. They have many of the same concerns with Zelda's marketing that people here have raised about AFL 23, but two months out from launch rather than two weeks. Zelda gameplay video coming next week, over a month from launch. We might get the same a week out. And Zelda is a ridiculously highly regarded series so it follows that concerns about the game should be lower than for the latest footy game:

I know that we’ve all been calling it “BOTW 2” for years, but Zelda fans really do want Tears of the Kingdom. I promise. Yet despite that game’s imminent release date Nintendo has proudly tweeted a new video promoting Breath of the Wild. Please, Nintendo. That game came out six years ago. Fans have started wondering: Don’t you have a sequel to show us? Like, I don’t know, maybe, a highly anticipated game that’s coming out in a month and a half?

Thankfully, this morning brought the relief that Nintendo hasn’t completely forgotten about TotK, as the publisher promised us a 10-minute gameplay preview of the game tomorrow.

But still, many found it strange that just a few days ago, Nintendo would share a video about a bowling range in Breath of the Wild’s Hyrule rather than take the opportunity to drum up excitement for its sequel, which has remained remarkably shrouded in secrecy even two months before its planned release. In response to the BotW tweet, some speculated that the sequel would be delayed, that the quality would be underwhelming, or that it could be a “rush job.” There’s no definitive proof that TotK is in trouble, but the Nintendo guarantee of quality isn’t as bulletproof as it once was, not since they released the jankiest Pokémon games ever. And while the sequel does look like a graphical improvement over BotW, it’s really not by much.

Some fans are ok with plunking down $US70 ($AU89.95) for a game that they barely know anything about. To those people, I say: Love yourself. I know that Zelda fans are going to play this game regardless, but it’s about the principle of the matter. Respect yourself. Demand more.

Last edited:
Send us into the weekend with a smile please Ross
james franco please GIF

It is remotely possible Ross and the team are sadists and are actually enjoying the pain we are in. The more we ask the better.
I'm fairly patient with things and i'm not ross, but i am finding enjoyment reading the pain :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems relevant. Kotaku going hard. They have many of the same concerns with Zelda's marketing that people here have raised about AFL 23, but two months out from launch rather than two weeks. Zelda gameplay video coming next week, over a month from launch. We might get the same a week out. And Zelda is a ridiculously highly regarded series so it follows that concerns about the game should be lower than for the latest footy game:

What do you need to know about it? Its a sequel to BOTW and will play largely the same. That ten minute gameplay footage from the dev was all I needed to reinforce that outside of maybe showing a dungeon puzzle or if it’s just shrines all over the joint.

Footy game by a different dev is admittedly a bit more of an unknown but not stressed.

Going to be interviewed by BT at half time (and possibly Roaming Brian at the end) to promote the game

not serious

Since Daisy is in the games’ commentary, will she get banned from Richmond and Brisbane’s club rooms?

What do you need to know about it? Its a sequel to BOTW and will play largely the same. That ten minute gameplay footage from the dev was all I needed to reinforce that outside of maybe showing a dungeon puzzle or if it’s just shrines all over the joint.

Footy game by a different dev is admittedly a bit more of an unknown but not stressed.
Have the first one sitting here collecting dust
Still haven’t even opened it 🤣
Will definitely be purchasing the second eventually but obviously I’ll be in no rush

Have the first one sitting here collecting dust
Still haven’t even opened it 🤣
Will definitely be purchasing the second eventually but obviously I’ll be in no rush

Thats me too but more with games i’ve yoinked off a steam sale but haven’t got around too.

It’s really fun its just not a traditional Zelda.

I guess my point is if a proper videogame website can have issues with the marketing of the closest thing the industry has to a slam dunk two months out from release, it's not so outrageous for people here to have issues with the marketing of a game two weeks from release, when we've seen just as much (less now if the 10 min footage they mentioned is now out?), and it's 12 years on from their last crack.

The question turns to why he would be in the Collingwood change rooms on game day? Must be video game related for sure!

They'll be doing last minute motion capture of the pre-game speech and warm up drills and the song they sing after when the pies win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back