Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Getting toward the amount of Baileys as there is Jacks at St Kilda

Draft all jacks in AFL 23, win a flag. Jack of all trades achievement surely 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The sheer amount of Star Teams that are gonna be full of stupid sh*t like 22 ruckmen, or an all mullet squad is going to make the game mode a draw by itself

Accidentally went through a thread dedicated to Jai Serong and his recent heart condition… why tf do y’all chose to use this as your platform to communicate???

Yep we have too many nuffies here that don’t accept the great quality marketing being served to them. How dare they ask for information on a product they want purchase. How entitled of them that they want a quality game. They should be down on their knees worshiping the drip feed from the most gracious big ant team.
He’ll be the first one in here to complain when something isn’t right at launch too
That or his blind faith will be rewarded with the greatest video game of all time that none of us should have ever of had the audacity to question …

Accidentally went through a thread dedicated to Jai Serong and his recent heart condition… why tf do y’all chose to use this as your platform to communicate???
I bit back at a comment on an instagram post from a guy that said "heart problems have never been seen in the AFL before", linked him an article from 2018 about 4 players dropping with heart issues and KB asking to shorten the preseason and crickets on the post. I then copped 40+ private messages accusing me of being a sheep, supporting criminals, getting paid by Pfizer (wouldn't that be nice) etc etc. It's best not to engage. I'm actually someone who got some bad side effects from the vac too and spent my honeymoon in hospital because of it .

Don't engage with people on that stuff , you'll never win or change anyones mind. Bit like talking in here on some things :p

You should have saved the effort and just complained about face scans, player ratings, game play footage and options details like the entitled mob does. Don’t lower your standards - keep reading! 😂

At least we're talking about the game, all of your 'contributions' are just complaining about the complainers 🫠

Keen to wake up tomorrow to gameplay footage that addresses every single one of the issues people had with the reveal footage. Proper AI, fixed ruck animations, no more tacklefest, greater variations in player speed (related to tacklefest), goal and field umpires moving properly etc etc etc

🙏
I wouldn't mind a tackle fest, if that's how you choose to play, ie the gamer deciding to use a pressure style/flooding gameplan. But to be immersive, interesting and a true sim, there needs to be different types of tackles, rather than just the standard one on one tackle standing up. And if you don't want a tackle fest, then you have to change your gameplan to have your players spread out, be quicker, and be clean with the ball. That would make for a more dynamic and realistic game.

I wouldn't mind a tackle fest, if that's how you choose to play, ie the gamer deciding to use a pressure style/flooding gameplan. But to be immersive, interesting and a true sim, there needs to be different types of tackles, rather than just the standard one on one tackle standing up. And if you don't want a tackle fest, then you have to change your gameplan to have your players spread out, be quicker, and be clean with the ball. That would make for a more dynamic and realistic game.

Oh for sure, all the matches in AFL Live played out exactly the same. Same oval dimensions, players had the same speed (or at least too little differentiation/some sort of Mario Kart style rubber banding happening), tacklefest etc.

I think it was in one of the twistie videos, but Ross said that the assistant coaches they used to help with AI etc gave input on how each team plays so hopefully that translates to different gameplans.

Imagine struggling through an old-school Ross Lyon style tacklefest in one game, then trying to counteract Collingwood's BazBall but footy style, then flooding the corridor for cheap goals against Hawthorn? Would be incredible.

Yep we have too many nuffies here that don’t accept the great quality marketing being served to them. How dare they ask for information on a product they want purchase. How entitled of them that they want a quality game. They should be down on their knees worshiping the drip feed from the most gracious big ant team.
Now you are learning....you will have all the information your need prior to release day...that is BEFORE you can purchase it.

13 days from launch and the general public still have no idea of this games existence. Nor do we have any real game play footage, a full feature list or even a spot on the digital market places.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll be the first one in here to complain when something isn’t right at launch too
That or his blind faith will be rewarded with the greatest video game of all time that none of us should have ever of had the audacity to question
I think you and your merry band of followers have the complaining well under control.

alrighty, so it is hard for me to not think about this game and some of the features I want to have, but this is one thing that is minor but i reckon should be included. There needs to be a button (maybe L3 or R3) that makes your player face the ball. so imagine you are running back towards your own 50 and goal as a defender and a ball is coming in with a opposition player in the 50 in prime position for a mark. Having a button that makes your player face the ball (essentially making your player run backwards) should be included so players can jump in the marking contest and avoid frees for front on contact. It would be useful in stoppages too if you are just waiting outside the pack of players contesting for the ball and just want your player to face where the ball is ready to receive a quick handball

13 days from launch and the general public still have no idea of this games existence. Nor do we have any real game play footage, a full feature list or even a spot on the digital market places.
you will have all the information your need prior to release day...that is BEFORE you can purchase it.
Just listen to our holy bigfooty prophets as they speak the word of our lord big ant

alrighty, so it is hard for me to not think about this game and some of the features I want to have, but this is one thing that is minor but i reckon should be included. There needs to be a button (maybe L3 or R3) that makes your player face the ball. so imagine you are running back towards your own 50 and goal as a defender and a ball is coming in with a opposition player in the 50 in prime position for a mark. Having a button that makes your player face the ball (essentially making your player run backwards) should be included so players can jump in the marking contest and avoid frees for front on contact. It would be useful in stoppages too if you are just waiting outside the pack of players contesting for the ball and just want your player to face where the ball is ready to receive a quick handball
I said the same thing, there definitely should be backgrounds running. I would also like to see a 2004 Riewoldt style mark like this, too, with an all out sprint mixed in with a collision with another player:

Cricket was essentially the same mate aside from 1 video close to release I believe?

That got delayed but it was due to Paine issue not the game but then there was all sorts of issues with Xbox release but don't think that will happen this time around.

Wish I had blind faith in a consistently 6/10 developer (as per metacritic), but I do have hope.

I Hope Please GIF

Wish I had blind faith in a consistently 6/10 developer (as per metacritic), but I do have hope.

I Hope Please GIF
I feel like if they focused entirely on the gameplay, we could get something very close to a realistic sim, but I think they're trying to please everyone with extra modes and likenesses we'll never even notice, when playing. Will take resources away from perfecting the gameplay. It might just take an indie developer to focus on gameplay to get a footy title close to a true sim. game_chromosome may need to fill that void, no pressure, though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back