Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
I have some sort of feeling tomorrow would be the day we get to see far more of the game, will mark 7 days out and also line up with their other big announcements that have come on thursdays

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah and with the long weekend no chance of anything Friday or Monday so hopefully its tomorrow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine waking up tomorrow and everyone's concerns vanish because we get an epic info dump that clears up everything? Gameplay footage that shows every single issue people had with the reveal build has been fixed, deep dive into all the game modes, fully customisable sock lengths and Touk Miller's beard?

Living the dream.

Pretty sure 31 is a bit too old for school mate.
I would be one of only a couple of people in here that has direct access to talk to Ross.
Ask him yourself.
I was teasing. It makes no difference to me if you know him or not.

Oh no… was in EB before and this mum walks up to the counter, says “my son really wants the latest AFL game” and they proceeded to sell her Evolution 2 (at least only for $29) . Young fella is going to be fired up when she gets home!
(Note: I would have said something but my 5 year old had just knocked a rack of Minecraft toys over and I didn’t want to draw attention to us)

Oh no… was in EB before and this mum walks up to the counter, says “my son really wants the latest AFL game” and they proceeded to sell her Evolution 2 (at least only for $29) . Young fella is going to be fired up when she gets home!
(Note: I would have said something but my 5 year old had just knocked a rack of Minecraft toys over and I didn’t want to draw attention to us)
You stood buy whilst someone sold this kid 'Lee Carvallos Putting Challenge" - for shame

1680653312083.jpeg

Joke's on her, she's gonna have Last One Standing in her head all day.

Technically for another 8 days evo 2 is the latest afl game ...

You stood buy whilst someone sold this kid 'Lee Carvallos Putting Challenge" - for shame

View attachment 1650322
Its been on my mind all morning - I've justified it in my head as she didn't really look like she cared and was just buying it to shut the kid up. Had she been standing at the counter looking proud of herself (Marge Simpson style) and looking excited to gift something to her little boy, I may have pushed it more.

Technically for another 8 days evo 2 is the latest afl game ...
haha yeah the EB bloke was technically not in the wrong - probably didn't even know they have a new one coming out next week. He seemed shocked that the "latest" game was $29 though

Question on Star team for those that play other games with similar modes: are they playable / worth playing if you don't spend money on them? And is the primary purpose to collect a team for online h2h play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Funniest part is, I was walking in there to ask the cheeky question if they knew when stock for AFL23 was arriving. But as fate would have it, the rack of minecraft toys on the other end of the shop was too hard to resist for my chocolate donut eating son and I had to run after him and then she rolled in

Question on Star team for those that play other games with similar modes: are they playable / worth playing if you don't spend money on them? And is the primary purpose to collect a team for online h2h play?
They definitely can be, but usually requires a lot of offline hours to earn free rewards. Takes a while to get a competent team like this but it is much more rewarding imo

Funniest part is, I was walking in there to ask the cheeky question if they knew when stock for AFL23 was arriving. But as fate would have it, the rack of minecraft toys on the other end of the shop was too hard to resist for my chocolate donut eating son and I had to run after him and then she rolled in

This is going back years and years, but back when the PS2 was new, I was in Harvey Norman and the salesman was trying to convince some poor mum that the PSone could be upgraded with a "chip" to play PS2 games...

This is going back years and years, but back when the PS2 was new, I was in Harvey Norman and the salesman was trying to convince some poor mum that the PSone could be upgraded with a "chip" to play PS2 games...
Saw that at JB once - this old lady was buying an iphone and they only had the small hard drive size in stock - bloke fully tried convincing her that if she runs out of space, she can buy a new hard drive from the apple store and upgrade the memory. Luckily she had her son or something with her and he was like "don't think so"

Feels right there 😂
I have to do the same with my 6 Y.O son 😂 they tend to get very excited at this age.
I also have rang eBay games and tried to find out this information but with no luck haha. They basically said it can come the morning of, 1 day before, 2 days before, every game is different etc.

Warhammer Total War 3 arrived at the Perth City EB one week after launch :(

That’s extremely frustrating, Perth and also TAS both seem to be slower to receive stock.
I’m confident that everything will be fine though.
Every afl game has actually been Street broken, I doubt this will happen again this time around but we will all have access next Thursday morning.

Don’t see the issue to be honest. If stores have it just sell it

Don’t see the issue to be honest. If stores have it just sell it
Agreed. Was hoping this would have changed by now. Shits me knowing a game is gold, ready to play, available to download, but I have to wait 4 days to play it because someone decided games need to release on a Thursday. Just release it when its ready :(.

Agreed. Was hoping this would have changed by now. Shits me knowing a game is gold, ready to play, available to download, but I have to wait 4 days to play it because someone decided games need to release on a Thursday. Just release it when its ready :(.

Only issue I see is that the day one patches wouldn't be ready. So all the early impressions would be arse.

Modern gaming ftw 😂

I wonder if JNT BA has a feeling? 🤔
Y'all have no idea how careful I have to be when I do these shots from the launch party, I hope you all know that. Of course, I will avoid things that I know were updated since that build. How about the coin toss? I know it was mentioned in one of the articles but how the coin toss works are my favorite so far. vlcsnap-2023-04-05-11h33m18s489.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back