Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
This thread is a complete s**t show full of crazy posts. The lack of information hasn’t helped that it’s just added more fuel to the fire.

It would have been nice to have a bit more information about some of the features so people could discuss it like a normal game release instead this place is filled up with talk about whether a store as the game or not yet etc.

At least on planet cricket people can discuss what they like or expect in the game going forward given the prior history but there’s generally good discussion and ideas on ways to play the game or ideas to make it more enjoyable whether that’s sliders , community creations etc.

I guess here there is very little known about the game modes and what you can and can’t do or any information on the community creation aspect.
Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Alrighty! I have news!
I just got off the phone with Callum from JB Hi-Fi Greensborough, the people that received text messages from JB Hi-Fi weren’t actually meant to receive them until the 13th. There was an error in the system.
There is an embargo in place that stores cannot sell before the 13th.
I had a long chat, the rules and regulations are very strict but have also changed.
He also confirmed that it is very rare to receive copies of the game a week out + from release but in this situation the people who received text messages from JB HI-FI, they have the stock there!
This confirms that there will definitely NOT be a delay.
So for everyone that was concerned or worried, this is very positive news.
Thanks for the update loverz23
So the plan of attack If you received this notification:
1. Go to the store you made your preorder
2. Say you received the notification to come to collect your preorder.
3. Break release!

This thread is a complete s**t show full of crazy posts. The lack of information hasn’t helped that it’s just added more fuel to the fire.

It would have been nice to have a bit more information about some of the features so people could discuss it like a normal game release instead this place is filled up with talk about whether a store as the game or not yet etc.

At least on planet cricket people can discuss what they like or expect in the game going forward given the prior history but there’s generally good discussion and ideas on ways to play the game or ideas to make it more enjoyable whether that’s sliders , community creations etc.

I guess here there is very little known about the game modes and what you can and can’t do or any information on the community creation aspect.
I tend to agree with most points, but claiming that Planet Cricket isn't full of nutters gave me the lols.

Thanks for the update loverz23
So the plan of attack If you received this notification:
1. Go to the store you made your preorder
2. Say you received the notification to come to collect your preorder.
3. Break release!

Not quite as easy as that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Obviously but All it takes is one

Would be quite different if retailers such as Target and Big W were retailing the game I think Big Ant have a few steps in place to prevent this from happening, who knows though

You’ll struggle to get it early with that Embargo.
Who knows what’ll happen though.
Anything could be on the cards.

I’m not wasting my time going there 8 days prior to release and asking 🤣 I sympathise for those retail workers who get hounded for it call after call. If it gets broken elsewhere, different story 😏

I’m not wasting my time going there 8 days prior to release and asking 🤣 I sympathise for those retail workers who get hounded for it call after call. If it gets broken elsewhere, different story

Where was that bloke saying his sister who worked at JB was going to get it for him early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alrighty! I have news!
I just got off the phone with Callum from JB Hi-Fi Greensborough, the people that received text messages from JB Hi-Fi weren’t actually meant to receive them until the 13th. There was an error in the system.
There is an embargo in place that stores cannot sell before the 13th.
I had a long chat, the rules and regulations are very strict but have also changed.
He also confirmed that it is very rare to receive copies of the game a week out + from release but in this situation the people who received text messages from JB HI-FI, they have the stock there!
This confirms that there will definitely NOT be a delay.
So for everyone that was concerned or worried, this is very positive news.
TLDR: No release breaks and no delays on physical copies

No worries. Thanks for the information, you’re welcome.
My apologies and thank you for finding all that out but damn all I was trying to do was summarize your paragraph into a simple sentence so that passive scrollers don’t miss anything, especially when what you found was very important.

Congrats on the find though

My apologies and thank you for finding all that out but damn all I was trying to do was summarize your paragraph into a simple sentence so that passive scrollers don’t miss anything, especially when what you found was very important.

Congrats on the find though

That's how I read it, I didn't think you were being snarky.

Everyone is on edge, a nice info dump that isn't a screenshot of a coin or boot studs or a blade of grass would go nicely right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back