Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
You misunderstand sorry, my wording wasn't great. point was they haven't had anyone come in to play yet going by what he said, so I'd find it unlikely we get anything today and definitely not over the weekend while the footy is on.
Yes but as i was saying, they wont cancel their scheduled blokes to come in just because of some aggressive feedback from someone on a forum

For some reason I have been watching lots of gameplay this week... lots and lots and lots. I'll let you guys try to work that one out why.

We also have some other things planned as well to show gameplay. I also may have arranged for uh "someone" to come in and play the game for a while for everyone to see...

View attachment 1648524
So how do you guys like this banner? Better quality than the version out there from people's cameras.
Coxy_ for example this post from Monday suggests the gameplay with the content creators already happened early in the week.

Yes but as i was saying, they wont cancel their scheduled blokes to come in just because of some aggressive feedback from someone on a forum

I didn't say they would. Again, the point was that he'd mentioned they were yet to come in therefore I find it hard to believe we'll get any content tonight.

Not really. When JNT got slightly agro with some bloke yesterday he said he doesn't have to post here and he can cancel the 'creators' they have lined up to come in.

I'd expect something on Monday. But wouldn't surprise me if it was Wednesday night at 11.47pm in all honesty
Monday is a public holiday. Not sure we'll see anything then.

Monday is a public holiday. Not sure we'll see anything then.

Yeah true, had forgotten.

We'll get it when we get it I suppose. Would rather just see one quarter of gameplay from 2 Devs than some kind of video with a nerd trying to learn the controls. Only 7 days out, it barely matters anymore...we'll all buy it regardless

I don’t even think we’re gonna see anything this week and I have a feeling we won’t see anything official until release day, so our next gameplay videos will be phone recordings from the play sessions

It won’t matter much at the end of the day but it’s a pretty unique situation that stores are already receiving stock before any pro-recorded footage has been released

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Global gaming phenomenon lands in SA • Glam Adelaide

Interesting read...

"AFL 23 is fully licensed and features all AFL and AFLW teams along with the AFL Gather Round, which will for the first time see South Australian grounds, The Parade, Norwood, Summit Sports Park at Mount Barker as well the iconic Adelaide Oval – included in the game."

Hi all,

This thread is becoming really, really difficult to manage. Over the last ten pages we have actioned at least five reports, deleted or edited between 20-30 posts, and handed out several thread bans and official warnings/infractions. It is becoming ridiculous.

We are also fielding a great deal of moderator criticism. It might help you to know that those who support BA are criticising us for allowing complaining about the game, and those that are criticising BA are having a go at us for protecting them. Go figure.

Let me be really clear: we are not going to stop optimists from being positive, nor are we going to stop those who are critical of what they've seen so far from posting complaints. Both are entirely justified and reasonable opinions that are worthy of being shared, no matter what you think about them.

Things that aren't tolerated:
  • Personal attacks against others (yes, this includes the passive-aggressive sniping we've deleted umpteen times every day)
  • Repetitive posts that serve only to bait others
  • Repeated complaining about what other people are posting
  • Posting videos from "that" YouTuber (you know the one) just to poke fun at them
  • Public mod criticism (as with anything on BF - if you have an issue, PM us
We are simply at the point where we cannot keep this thread going the way it is. This means that we are going to be very liberal with the thread ban function. If you're a repeat offender of any of the above, we'll see you in a week.

To everyone else: please help us by reporting posts that you think contravene this, and try to keep it civil. We're all eagerly awaiting seeing more of the game, whether we're ambivalent, unsure, or certain it's going to be great. Just chill out a bit and try to enjoy the thread.

Thanks.
IMG_6856.jpg

Global gaming phenomenon lands in SA • Glam Adelaide

Interesting read...

"AFL 23 is fully licensed and features all AFL and AFLW teams along with the AFL Gather Round, which will for the first time see South Australian grounds, The Parade, Norwood, Summit Sports Park at Mount Barker as well the iconic Adelaide Oval – included in the game."
Very interesting, author seems to think including regional SA grounds in AFL 23 is going to fuel international tourism to the state. Strange

I wonder if JNT BA has a feeling? 🤔
Mmmm maybe but that could just be the apple I had, too fresh, had to wash it down with my Coffee in a can.
Serious question for JNT BA, and I know your hands are tied in a lot of respects, but cutting through all the crap has this thread been useful in terms of the ideas/suggestions people have had? Everyone in this thread just wants the best game possible and I genuinely believe they've had the game's best interest at heart, even if other people disagree with some of the ideas/suggestions, that's what discussion boards are all about. Can you say if any of the ideas generated here have been implemented in the game, or attempted and abandoned for whatever reason?

You don't even have to say what they are if you're not allowed to, but as you've done all the work reading this thread and collating everything, I'm sure you'd like it if your work doing all that has actually been beneficial to the game too.
So the answer is an easy yes. Some of you did point out a very blurry photo of a particular player from a screenshot. I made sure to check and make sure that they were updated and they had been improved, but then we also saw something we did more cleanup of to make sure they were as close as possible. As someone mentioned when you look at the same thing over and over you can just begin to accept that's how it is. Which is usually why I like to take a look at things once they are close to done so someone with fresh eyes can come in to have a different view of them.
Hey JNT BA , judging on your teaser photos the past few days, are we due for a pre-game huddle picture today? ;)
I was thinking maybe ill just do the other side of the coin cause I know everyone appreciated one side yesterday. :tongueclosed:
JNT hinted at gameplay coming this week earlier in the week, think we can expect that later on today, or tomorrow?
So the content creator hasn't come in yet for their own take on it due to some scheduling we had to do, more on them a little later. The gameplay I was reviewing was from two of the better players in the office to show how smooth gameplay can be when people with a little more experience really get into it to contrast what everyone in their first attempts may have seen at the launch.
Not really. When JNT got slightly agro with some bloke yesterday he said he doesn't have to post here and he can cancel the 'creators' they have lined up to come in.

I'd expect something on Monday. But wouldn't surprise me if it was Wednesday night at 11.47pm in all honesty
This is why I had to add /s and some people still take it too seriously. Y'all wonder why we don't say things always very plainly cause some people may still take it the wrong way. Sometimes being vague is the safer option, also makes the popcorn reading more fun sometimes. If you think I was aggro, then you may be reading a little too into what I say. I had fun with that post, but maybe I'll add Sarcasm before and after those posts to make sure I am completely clear.

So the answer is an easy yes. Some of you did point out a very blurry photo of a particular player from a screenshot. I made sure to check and make sure that they were updated and they had been improved, but then we also saw something we did more cleanup of to make sure they were as close as possible. As someone mentioned when you look at the same thing over and over you can just begin to accept that's how it is. Which is usually why I like to take a look at things once they are close to done so someone with fresh eyes can come in to have a different view of them.

That "someone" was also me, thanks for the response and for confirming what I suspected :thumbsu:

This is why I had to add /s and some people still take it too seriously. Y'all wonder why we don't say things always very plainly cause some people may still take it the wrong way. Sometimes being vague is the safer option,

Er, I think that indicates that NOT speaking plainly is causing the issue, not the other way around....

So the content creator hasn't come in yet for their own take on it due to some scheduling we had to do, more on them a little later. The gameplay I was reviewing was from two of the better players in the office to show how smooth gameplay can be when people with a little more experience really get into it to contrast what everyone in their first attempts may have seen at the launch.
Yeah, boi. Love to see this. Can't wait, JNT BA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back