Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
I mean, the obvious ones are the Pies v Blues or Power v Crows, but what about the likes of Kangas... is their rival the wooden spoon?
On recent form their rival might just be women in general.

Much like Good Charlotte, it's the little things for me.

It looks real. The way they all seem to have an independent look. The way there are small groups with arms on others. The way the ones on the opposite side are all looking at the captain returning. The way the circle is open for him to rejoin. It looks like 22 individuals. And that's not even going into the quality of the models/kits.

And yeah, this isn't gameplay at all. It makes no difference to how it plays, but the presentation so far is A+ (assuming things like boot colours and number logos are sorted).
*And size of Tom De Koning

Much like Good Charlotte, it's the little things for me.

It looks real. The way they all seem to have an independent look. The way there are small groups with arms on others. The way the ones on the opposite side are all looking at the captain returning. The way the circle is open for him to rejoin. It looks like 22 individuals. And that's not even going into the quality of the models/kits.

And yeah, this isn't gameplay at all. It makes no difference to how it plays, but the presentation so far is A+ (assuming things like boot colours and number logos are sorted).

Wish you were one of my uni professors back in the day 😅

On recent form their rival might just be women in general.
I mean, we could have a go at listing every team's rival, but what fun would that be.

Some of the main callouts for me would be:
Port Power = Ken Hinkley
Brisbane = Winning more than 1 game in a row
Essendon = Finals
St Kilda = Premierships
GWS = Low crowds
Hawthorn = Anywhere outside of Tasmania
Collingwood = Mobile Phones & Social Media

The Eagles and Dockers have never played each other in a final, and rarely feature in the same final series. The closest we've come to playing each other in a final was probably 2006 and 2015. We're usually at opposite ends of the rebuild cycle.

So it will be good if we could create a custom finals series to force the issue, and still unlock that achievement.

I mean, we could have a go at listing every team's rival, but what fun would that be.

Port Power = Ken Hinkley
Essendon = Finals
St Kilda = Premierships
GWS = Low crowds
Adelaide = Preseason Camps :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y'all have no idea how careful I have to be when I do these shots from the launch party, I hope you all know that. Of course, I will avoid things that I know were updated since that build. How about the coin toss? I know it was mentioned in one of the articles but how the coin toss works are my favorite so far.

Unless JNT BA made a mistake, there won't be AFL logos on the numbers because he's avoiding posting things that have changed since the reveal build.

Settle... JNT BA said it was from the launch (party) build.... :)
JNT said it’s from the launch dev.

Unless JNT BA made a mistake, there won't be AFL logos on the numbers because he's avoiding posting things that have changed since the reveal build.
These are all correct. This is all from the older build this is not what I play every day. This is from the content from the launch party a few weeks ago from the "Frankenstein build" that has been mentioned. This is far from what it is right now.
This is actually really spot on. I didnt take into account the logos, whoops. Lets call this the WIP build:sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile: My mistake

These are all correct. This is all from the older build this is not what I play every day. This is from the content from the launch party a few weeks ago from the "Frankenstein build" that has been mentioned. This is far from what it is right now.

This is actually really spot on. I didnt take into account the logos, whoops. Lets call this the WIP build:sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile: My mistake
Thanks for the added transparency today JNT BA Its building…

Last edited:

Port Power = Ken Hinkley
Essendon = Finals
St Kilda = Premierships
GWS = Low crowds

Hawthorn = constantly needing to upgrade the trophy cabinet every decade!

Here is a question I'm not sure I've seen asked. How does fixtures post 2023 work in management mode? Is it:
a) 2023 fixture repeated each year
b) Pre-set fixtures developed by Big Ant for 2024, 2025, etc. that is the same each time you play management mode?
c) Set up to be random each season.
Things like random Anzac Day fixtures and Marvel home finals really bothered me in the wicked witch games. Hopefully these don't occur in the new game.

So with the public holidays, unless we don’t see something tonight we won’t see anything until Tuesday 🤔
Idk why people assume we'd always see something on a Thursday night? Up against the footy. I'd assume Wednesday night, or a weekend morning drop if anything

Here is a question I'm not sure I've seen asked. How does fixtures post 2023 work in management mode? Is it:
a) 2023 fixture repeated each year
b) Pre-set fixtures developed by Big Ant for 2024, 2025, etc. that is the same each time you play management mode?
c) Set up to be random each season.
If it's setup random I hope it has some logic. Not examples from evolution 2 of Bulldogs vs Collingwood/Richmond at Mars Stadium Ballarat 😂

View attachment 1651315While I was going to post the other side of the coin, for a little fun, it would ruin my plan. Keep in mind it is a public holiday weekend so you may not get any more launch screencaps tomorrow or Monday. Depends on how I feel.
Boy am I excited for this 😁
Global gaming phenomenon lands in SA • Glam Adelaide

Interesting read...

"AFL 23 is fully licensed and features all AFL and AFLW teams along with the AFL Gather Round, which will for the first time see South Australian grounds, The Parade, Norwood, Summit Sports Park at Mount Barker as well the iconic Adelaide Oval – included in the game."
Damn, no Unley Oval - all good, I guess a generic suburban oval is pretty realistic too 😔

Great news about coming to Adelaide, that's huge!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back