Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Im new here- cant be stuffed reading back 300 pages.

Just really excited for Ultimate Team - Star mode. And camera options in game.
Is there any footage or information about anything star mode related?
Packs?
Open market trading?
Chemistry?
Whats with the Bronze Silver Gold Franklin images if its the same player, perhaps just a demonstration on different rankings.

And the main thing i noticed were stagnant/still players in the footage at Launch, im assuming that has been fixed to have Smart Different runs from all players on field

Also, some people are so soft and sooks.

Regards

Packs?
Open market trading?
Chemistry?
Whats with the Bronze Silver Gold Franklin images if its the same player, perhaps just a demonstration on different rankings.

And the main thing i noticed were stagnant/still players in the footage at Launch, im assuming that has been fixed to have Smart Different runs from all players on field

Regards

The two links to videos would have the most info on star mode (the first one is twisties3 and a interview with Ross) 2nd is a Mitch robinson blog about afl 23

And the main thing to note about the stagnant players in the footage at launch is that from what BA has said is that it was a Frankenstein build, so not all the coding and ai associated with the final game was in it, therefore stagnant players was one of the more noticeable things along with some funky animations

Becoming harder and harder to try and convince mates to buy this game. All of them ask why there's no gameplay or information for a game that was meant to release a week ago. Can't answer that unfortunately.

it’s easily answered…when the game was delayed all marketing plans were moved backwards in accordance with the new release date. Easy!

Packs?
Open market trading?
Chemistry?

Regards
Most of these questions are answered on my FAQs post yesterday. Just a pitty it isn’t pinned.

it’s easily answered…when the game was delayed all marketing plans were moved backwards in accordance with the new release date. Easy!
Again, doesn't really help with trying to convince the general consumer, who expected a video game 7 days ago, to purchase a video game that they have next to no knowledge or information about. You need to look beyond people in a forum like yourself who are willing to accept delays and no gameplay

Again, doesn't really help with trying to convince the general consumer, who expected a video game 7 days ago, to purchase a video game that they have next to no knowledge or information about. You need to look beyond people in a forum like yourself who are willing to accept delays and no gameplay
Lucky for us they can't actually purchase it now, and by the time they can there will be plenty to see.

They can Pre order though and are choosing Kot to for the reasons I said? I guess you have nothing to complain about if pre orders are up like you say they are
Pre-orders are nice, they indicate the level of stock we should purchase, but we don't see that money as it's held in trust at the retailers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two links to videos would have the most info on star mode (the first one is twisties3 and a interview with Ross) 2nd is a Mitch robinson blog about afl 23

And the main thing to note about the stagnant players in the footage at launch is that from what BA has said is that it was a Frankenstein build, so not all the coding and ai associated with the final game was in it, therefore stagnant players was one of the more noticeable things along with some funky animations

i think i’ve watched that robbo vid like 20 times

Packs?
Open market trading?
Chemistry?

Regards
Unfortunately the Robbo video is all we have in regards to Star Team info, it appears to be the only mode that's off limits in regards to any info meaning it may be absent at launch, but we know they've obviously been working on it. I'm assuming Buddy was there as a placeholder but we don't know anything about ratings and all the different card types right now, players could be rated like FIFA Ultimate Team (64 and below bronze, 65-74 silver, 75 and up gold) but they have a bigger pool of players so it could be very different. Main point though is not much is known.

Why are you trying to convince them to buy it now when the game isn't out for another 2 weeks.
Presumably so he has mates to play against on release. I tried to convince my friends as well but because they know I'm pre-ordering they're content with waiting until I've had a chance to play it which is fine by me. Pre-orders are nice for metrics but you'd rather the game has a bit of a slow burnout and still generates sales after a bit rather than having all the sales up front and potentially risking more returns from dissatisfied customers.

Why are you trying to convince them to buy it now when the game isn't out for another 2 weeks.
Well for one, preordering at JB is cheaper than the game will be come release day.

And I do like to have mates to play with at launch. I'm sure most of us would given the inclusion of star team.

My daily morning sit down to have a read of the thread... a stack of pages added on... excitement builds.... nah

Scoff Charlie Pickering GIF by The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

Yeah it was more to do with the fact that someone was actually able to get their hands on it
Had a read of that facebook post - just sounds like a JB employee or mate of one who sneakily flogged a copy from storage in store. Made a comment about "it's who you know" or something so it's not likely a broken release or anything.

Would be interesting though if there's anything on PSN that pings Big Ant when an unapproved copy of the game tries to launch on their servers

So you’re choosing to make it harder for moderators in the coming weeks then? When this thread gets an influx of people asking the same question again and again?

I am about 2 weeks on the job and reading some of the posts in here has broken me.

And not a hint of irony that half the reason for that is snarky posts like this 😂
I 100% understand the irony and the impact I've had in contributing to this thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back