Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
How dare Daicos have a shot from outside 50 and there be players standing still AND players with their backs to him….must be a bug! 😂
nice mate you showed him as he was mid way kicking for goals. what are the players meant to lead at if he is mid kick. how about you look a proper example from the same distance but with sidebottom. look at the leads in the forward pocket. like i said. not all forwards will lead but at least 1 or two should.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 2.35.37 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 2.35.37 pm.png
    2 MB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 2.35.36 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 2.35.36 pm.png
    2 MB · Views: 118

BigAnt love the sport and would want to include as many aspects of it as possible in the game so I don’t get why people get really worked up when somebody suggests something like AI leads in this thread.

Everyone here watches the sport and knows that players lead in the forward 50 when there is a set shot from distance.

It’s something I imagine bigant would love in the game eventually if they haven’t managed to make it happen for this version.

I am very much in support of critiquing things when necessary, but even I think this is verging on the side of absurdity. They're screenshots. Wait until you see actual gameplay then get into this conversation. For now, it's pointless.
Well, Big Ant has since confirmed it's an old build. But even so, on the slight chance the void stares are still in there, it's worth pointing that out. Not sure why observing a potential gameplay flaw is taboo. Hopefully it's been ironed out.

nice mate you showed him as he was mid way kicking for goals. what are the players meant to lead at if he is mid kick. how about you look a proper example from the same distance but with sidebottom. look at the leads in the forward pocket. like i said. not all forwards will lead but at least 1 or two should.

Thanks for supporting my argument….it’s a snapshot in time. Anything can happen before or after the photo is taken.

Well, Big Ant has since confirmed it's an old build. But even so, on the slight chance the void stares are still in there, it's worth pointing that out. Not sure why observing a potential gameplay flaw is taboo. Hopefully it's been ironed out.
I'm not saying it's taboo. Just saying that basing a critique and going into potentially pointless detail on why it's so gamebreaking without seeing the game in action is silly.

If video comes out and it proves you right, great. Maybe they can fix it. If video comes out and it proves you wrong, you've wasted all this time angsting over a thing that never came to be.

I'm not saying it's taboo. Just saying that basing a critique and going into potentially pointless detail on why it's so gamebreaking without seeing the game in action is silly.
So given that it's "potentially" going to be an issue, no harm in on lookers asking questions. Better to ask a question on a potential issue than ignore it all together. Even if the screenshot is old, it doesn't mean bugs still aren't present.

Thanks for supporting my argument….it’s a snapshot in time. Anything can happen before or after the photo is taken.
if you watched before he kicked, this players were leading, you can tell by the way daicos lifted the ball up as if he was to kick, he pulled back on all of them however. the broadcast didnt show them leading, but from daicos body language they were. i wasnt supporting your arguement. in fact i was proving that your arguement against my suggestion, is wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If video comes out and it proves you right, great. Maybe they can fix it. If video comes out and it proves you wrong, you've wasted all this time angsting over a thing that never came to be.
That isn't great if my observations about the void staring being in it turn out to be true. The thing is, it's a common issue in all the previous AFL games, just has yet to be ever really been improved on.

if you watched before he kicked, this players were leading, you can tell by the way daicos lifted the ball up as if he was to kick, he pulled back on all of them however. the broadcast didnt show them leading, but from daicos body language they were. i wasnt supporting your arguement. in fact i was proving that your arguement against my suggestion, is wrong.

Yep…so your original post was complaining that players were standing around still. Then you show pics of players moving around and leading. You are arguing against yourself….I’m saying it’s a screenshot….anything can happen before or after the screenshot. Just because you do see it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen before or after.

I don't mean to be annoying ross and co, but this was something I was hoping not to see in a modern AFL game. the AI standing still, ball watching. Surely the AI can make leads even while player is setting up for a shot? I thought if they are at least jogging inside 50, and some talls set up on the goal line. Im not sure if this is getting too advanced but would be nice to see. instead of the AI just freezing.
Or an animation of them crouching down resting or pointing (for the guys closer to the kicker and not down field)

Yep…so your original post was complaining that players were standing around still. Then you show pics of players moving around and leading. You are arguing against yourself….I’m saying it’s a screenshot….anything can happen before or after the screenshot. Just because you do see it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen before or after.

nah i so see what you mean now. but it’s a video game. we saw it in evo and i’m hoping we don’t see it again. i’m sure a lot of people in this thread understand what i mean and that the players have just completely froze in their positions, some facing towards ball carrier and some not. that’s all i’m saying. and not one has hands on their hip. their just standing there. literally being NPC !!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta iron out all that "void staring". Players should always be looking at contests or the ball. If not, they should be sprinting fast.
Got faith in BA in ironing that out, definitely a problem with WW developed Tru blu published games. Let’s wait for those updated screenshots and gameplay later this week to really find out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back