Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s just because I’ve searched the game a few times, but it’s showing as the #1 trending PS game on my app. Great to see!
View attachment 1670449

Even more impressive when you factor in that "no one outside this forum knows the game exists".

I feel like I might be the only one but, everyone is talking about wanting to see some gameplay, I personally i wouldn't mind seeing something like the Dev Diaries from Big Ant, they did it for AO tennis and Ashes cricket. Like yeah, Gameplay would be awesome but having a Dev Diary alongside it would be a great way for us the general gamer to see how Big Ant has developed AFL 23

Even more impressive when you factor in that "no one outside this forum knows the game exists".
Amazing a game can be top trending on AUS PSN and not even be available for purchase. But you're right - clearly lots do know about it. Yesterday morning it was about 6th, and now it's 1st. Not sure if there were any banners or anything yesterday showing it, or maybe A LOT of people watched the game on TV and said "wonder what's happening with that AFL game on PS5". Either way, it's great to see it getting attention and hopefully the train keeps rolling

I feel like I might be the only one but, everyone is talking about wanting to see some gameplay, I personally i wouldn't mind seeing something like the Dev Diaries from Big Ant, they did it for AO tennis and Ashes cricket. Like yeah, Gameplay would be awesome but having a Dev Diary alongside it would be a great way for us the general gamer to see how Big Ant has developed AFL 23
I'd love a video of JNT BA and BigAntStudios sitting in the office/pub reading bigfooty comments - like that old "mean tweets" they used to force Hawthorn players to sit through and post on twitter/facebook. Would be a good laugh

I'd love a video of JNT BA and BigAntStudios sitting in the office/pub reading bigfooty comments - like that old "mean tweets" they used to force Hawthorn players to sit through and post on twitter/facebook. Would be a good laugh
1 hour later

"Okay guys, just gotta scroll past all the blocked comments..."

yeah would love Ross and JNT BA to do something like this, but every tweet is just about the their marketing and WHY NO GAMEPLAY!?!?!?!?!

yeah would love Ross and JNT BA to do something like this, but every tweet is just about the their marketing and WHY NO GAMEPLAY!?!?!?!?!

Can already picture the "why the hell is this palmomagpie guy so obsessed with milo"

Can already picture the "why the hell is this palmomagpie guy so obsessed with milo"
On that, I actually tried to take a tin of MILO into the Hawthorn vs GWS game at Gather Round as I was standing behind the goals and was going to wave it around for a laugh in here. Security wouldn't allow me to, had to leave it at the gate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fully expect digital to be $89 or $99

Either way, I’m going digital, going to be playing this a hell of a lot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not sure about Steam but PS and Xbox won't be less than their physical RRP ($99.95). JB sells below RRP.

My request of both platform holders is that a disk is a free upgrade (not downgrade), and digital will work on both generations based on the box you have logged into your account with. This is the same for both platforms and I believe it has worked this way for Cricket 22.
Just a follow-up, it sounds like you can go disk to disk, or digital to digital. If I bought a disc for my XB1 and then bought the Series S, would my account have access to a digital version? I'm not sure how it works for other games but I'm going to be moving around a lot soon so the compactness of the Series S appeals to me and if going to disk to digital isn't an option I'll most likely be buying it online.

Just a follow-up, it sounds like you can go disk to disk, or digital to digital. If I bought a disc for my XB1 and then bought the Series S, would my account have access to a digital version? I'm not sure how it works for other games but I'm going to be moving around a lot soon so the compactness of the Series S appeals to me and if going to disk to digital isn't an option I'll most likely be buying it online.
I don't believe that works for any other games unfortunately. Series S is a digi - digi only - usually when upgrading console, it still requires the disk as validation when playing on the nextgen console (eg. like Ross said for PS4 > PS5 free upgrade, it will still need the disc to launch) as you've paid for the disc license and not the digital license. Your safe bet would be to go digital on day 1

While I’d love to do that with JNT BA - would be such fun :rolleyes:, I’m currently travelling to India - after Carlton's performance this round, I just had to leave!

image0.jpg

BigAntStudios JNT BA

Quick question although I'm fairly certain I know the answer is no but just checking for sure, is digital going to be 100 dollars like normal or will it match the physical price?
The retail price is $99.95 - JB are sacrificing margin to get it to $79 / $89, as are EB when they price match, we still receive the same margin.

There is a lot of ACCC legislation around pricing, controls etc. we sell the goods to retailers, they can sell for whatever they wish.

Short answer is that the digital price will be the retail one, $99.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back