Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Does anyone here know if there is going to be a serpentine/fantasy draft feature for season mode like there was in evo 2?

Cancelled my JB pre order.
Hoping it comes out Thursday midnight on PS STORE . Checked midnight UK time and they are 9 hours behind so should be able to be playing it before lunchtime Thursday.

How do you go about cancelling a JB preorder. Considering cancelling mine as I'm not sure they'll have XBOX stock anyway.

How do you go about cancelling a JB preorder. Considering cancelling mine as I'm not sure they'll have XBOX stock anyway.
Step 1: Enter JB Hi-Fi
Step 2: Approach Register
Step 3: Talk to employee and tell them you want to cancel your pre-order.
Step 4: Get money back
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit

Step 1: Enter JB Hi-Fi
Step 2: Approach Register
Step 3: Talk to employee and tell them you want to cancel your pre-order.
Step 4: Get money back
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit

How do I do it without interacting with another human being

BigAntStudios JNT BA long shot I know, but could we get some clarification on what’s happening with Xbox stock? Is there enough at retailers to meet pre-orders? Why has the release date now been changed to “coming soon”. Appreciate I probably won’t get an answer but worth a shot

The best UI we have ever done in any game was AFL Live.

This UI starts with a real bang and the clean, simple look is by design, not lack of budget/thought - clear concise, gets the job done. First thing I do in games/Windows is turn off all of the animation, get me to where I want to be ASAP.

I like this. I love Mario Party games, and now play them with my kids. Yet even after 25 years of refinements the menus and gameplay are still an absolute slog. So many weird menu animations and choices, annoyingly long unskippable transitions and animations between options, etc.

Spider - really nice bloke. For years done a lot behind the scenes for others. I remember him dropping in on my brother in law, 25 years ago, in a cancer ward before he passed away, no press, etc. just did it because he was a fan.

Spida Everitt Returns To AFL But It’s Not What You Think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's your own fault as an X Box player if the game is delayed, that's what you get for playing on an inferior console.

Meh, I have a Series X and a PS5 and 95% of my gaming is on the Series X. A much better interface, shop and controller IMO. Oh, and GamePass... A few better exclusives on PS5 which is why I bought it, but if a game is on both consoles I'll buy it on Xbox.

Just contacted JB to ask them about my pre-order. Their internal system has the Xbox release date as 25 May.

I'd assume that date is probably just a placeholder. But safe to say that Xbox physical copies won't be available Thursday.
If that is the case then just buy from the digital store if your an Xbox user.

Looks like JB have made a change:

PlayStation:

View attachment 1675582

Xbox:

View attachment 1675584

Before, it was 4 May for both.

All those parity things Ross spoke about have some sort of statute of limitations on them?
Wonder if they'll hold onto the $79 price for Xbox users until updated day of release or if it just becomes a "sorry not sorry" moment ? I guess the $79 is just a preorder price basically so it will most likely be a you snooze you lose

I pre-ordered for Xbox months ago and still have no confirmation from JB if I'll get the game on release day.

If I can't collect my game on release day I'll obviously cancel/refund my pre-order and just buy it on the Xbox store.

I just don’t understand why now is different to the restrictions 3 weeks ago?
Probably just a stock quota situation - 3 weeks ago there was none, now there is some. Just nowhere near enough. Highest preorder rate for an AFL game ever so they probably realised they have 0 hope of fulfilling all preorders AND having stock in store for day 1. Holding out hope that PS and digital releases still go ahead. Only way we'll find out is if the boss jumps in here and lets us know or we wait until Thursday and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back