Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
My come from behind, after the siren win vs a Chris Judd-led Carlton on the hardest difficulty in AFL Live is still my favourite AFL game moment.

Shot on goal by Kerr missed, siren went, Eagles lose BUT OH NO! High tackle free kick to Kerr. Hands were shaking as I took that set shot. Far out.

I know this is just a personal want but I would really like a "sim rest of the quarter/game" option instead of just forfeiting in career mode.

and

The ability to control more than one team like live 1

Last edited:
Yeah that's my memory. I played season mode at least a dozen times and can't recall anyone ever missing a game through jnjury
I definitely want injuries to be a big part of coach career mode every team has atleast about 5 players they can’t choose a week

Nice to jump back into Bigfooty after a few months off/getting my email address back and see this thread has had activity + some juicy news. Now to scroll back 30 pages and get reading! Still remember back when I first joined BF when we were going through this same thing for Live 1 - I was still a teen and had no worries in the world except whether TIO Stadium would be a playable stadium. I sadly still play AFL Evo 2 because I'm a sucker, but I've just brushed the multitude of shortcomings aside to make myself enjoy it. Fingers crossed this game is everything we hope and more - in Ross we trust

There will be many questions that I have to ignore, the "demo" was to inform of progress to date and that we're on a good path. Deeper, more meaningful information will come much closer to the release next year.

I will take on board the comments and suggestions made here, as will the team at Big Ant.

You will get a chance to play the game prior to purchase, we will have play sessions in the wild - see you there, a mere ten years after the last time! :)

I enjoyed travelling around the State (and WA!) getting final feedback. it was genuinely an exciting time, I'm looking forward to hitting the road again.

Has it really been 10 years? Where did that time go?

Was for sure an exciting time and one that i was lucky enough to be apart of and for that i will always appreciate your willingness to engage with myself :)

Good luck with further development on the new title, I look forward to getting my mits on it

Has it really been 10 years? Where did that time go?

Was for sure an exciting time and one that i was lucky enough to be apart of and for that i will always appreciate your willingness to engage with myself :)

Good luck with further development on the new title, I look forward to getting my mits on it
It was more like almost 12 years ago, in fact. It's gonna be 10 years since I thought Big Ant were developing Live 2...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was more like almost 12 years ago, in fact. It's gonna be 10 years since I thought Big Ant were developing Live 2...
Yep I joined Bigfooty a few months before release so I could ask questions about it. Time has flown - crazy we've just had mediocre games ever since

Jeez I remember that like it was yesterday. Sitting at work and saw the news and got so excited. Then read the reveal that Big Ant had been booted and spent the rest of the afternoon bitching to a workmate about how bullshit it was.

Far out, I just got through the Eagles 2022 season and you want me to relive it all in videogame form?

Can I sue Big Ant for triggering my PTSD?
Youll Be Fine Get Well Soon GIF by Originals

Been playing a lot of RLL3 (very late to the party I know) as I like it better than RRL4 and it's a great sign of the quality we're in for for this game.

I love how true to rugby league RRL3 is and if they can match the AFL game to be even just the equivalent quality of it I'm gonna have a blast.

I have never finished one career season in any sports game, 2K and FIFA included but RRL3 has me hooked at the moment.

Been playing a lot of RLL3 (very late to the party I know) as I like it better than RRL4 and it's a great sign of the quality we're in for for this game.

I love how true to rugby league RRL3 is and if they can match the AFL game to be even just the equivalent quality of it I'm gonna have a blast.

I have never finished one career season in any sports game, 2K and FIFA included but RRL3 has me hooked at the moment.

That's a very old game (it was out on PS3!), I also agree RLL3 > RLL4

That's a very old game (it was out on PS3!), I also agree RLL3 > RLL4
RRL3 is so dynamic, I've played 4 full seasons in career and I'm still seeing new tactics from ai, new tackle animations and lots of great moments. Truly great game and most importantly fun

RRL3 is so dynamic, I've played 4 full seasons in career and I'm still seeing new tactics from ai, new tackle animations and lots of great moments. Truly great game and most importantly fun
How is it possible for rll 4 to go backwards from rll 3? What is the reason? Why on earth would bigant bring it out then? It sounds like it would have been better to go with a dlc on rll3 if thats the case.

How is it possible for rll 4 to go backwards from rll 3? What is the reason? Why on earth would bigant bring it out then? It sounds like it would have been better to go with a dlc on rll3 if thats the case.
I'm not sure but playing rrl4 doesn't feel as intuitive and constructing plays at the defensive line is much more natural and has better flow in rrl3. You can beat higher rated teams on higher difficulties in rrl3 by making good decisions, kicking early in the tackle count, draw and pass etc.

I'm not sure about rrl4 career mode as I didn't like the gameplay enough to continue past 4 games. I did play lots of exhibition matches against ai though and it's just not as fun in my opinion. Graphics and presentation are much better in rrl4 but as well all know if the gameplay is not fun you won't play it

Last edited:
Why did it decline for 4?
From my experiences RLL3 was focused more on the backs with great quick ball movement to your wingers to score. RLL4 had more of a forward pack hit up focus. Was potentially more realistic but not as fun as a video game. RLL4 still a great game however. My fave was RLL2 minus the intercept glitch (if that’s what you’d call it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back