Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
BigAntStudios i would love to see finals mode again like live 1, when we can pick the teams and replicate this years final series. With the other games me and my mate would have to simulate many seasons to get a final series that’s somewhat fine
Assuming the customisation follows the other BA games it's fairly likely I'd think. The cricket games have all kinds of customisable tournaments.

One of the things i'm hoping for is that ai players sense the moment more. When it's something like a 5 point game and the team that's down is in the backline they should be going down the middle and trying to move the ball quickly. same thing on the other end, when a team is up and it's close they need to play the ball slower and more safe

One of the things i'm hoping for is that ai players sense the moment more. When it's something like a 5 point game and the team that's down is in the backline they should be going down the middle and trying to move the ball quickly. same thing on the other end, when a team is up and it's close they need to play the ball slower and more safe
This 100%. Add on the fly zone and tactics changes as well. If your down and the other team is up and they start slow down play, switch to man on man or press up or down the field to counter what they are doing

This 100%. Add on the fly zone and tactics changes as well. If your down and the other team is up and they start slow down play, switch to man on man or press up or down the field to counter what they are doing
Another thing to add onto that is that teams should be bringing out their best players in those moments. when the game is on the line you don't want your game changing players on the bench

Fellow Nerds Except We're Not Because We Play Sports Games,

I've been thinking about Sizzling Symon's Super AFL Live 23, in particular Ross' call that it will have the features of other BA sport titles. Can I ask - in any of the games are the sliders shareable as a community upload? I really hope so considering how much talk the Evo 2 settings generated.

Would love to know everyone’s thoughts on this.

I’d personally love to see a celebration feature like FIFA and most EA games especially after kicking a goal on the run. More personality in the game would be a welcomed addition.

I've been thinking about Sizzling Symon's Super AFL Live 23, in particular Ross' call that it will have the features of other BA sport titles. Can I ask - in any of the games are the sliders shareable as a community upload? I really hope so considering how much talk the Evo 2 settings generated.
I've always wanted gameplay slider presets in the Evo games. I hope a feature like that makes it into Big Ant's game. Being able to share them online would also be great.

Big on this. Would love for people to try and create realistic as possible sliders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would we want to see the clearance kick fully gone or have it optional?

It's very annoying when playing onljne
I like the clearance kick as it is a real thing in footy just throwing it on the boot and hoping it goes to a teammate. I think Evo 2 just had it implemented badly.

Perhaps a tap of X on PS and A on Xbox instead of triangle/Y would be better.

Tapping X/A in Evo 2 is a stab kick but I think stabs need to be harder to execute than a simple tap as they require more skill so maybe L2/LB + X/A for stabs which can open the door for the clearance kick to be a tap of X/A

I was thinking back to my local footy days.

At the start of each centre bounce we would huddle and work out where we wanted to position ourselves.

An idea is maybe provide the option to like pause the game or give like 5 second prior to the bounce of the ball.

NFL madden style pick a tactic/centre bounce set up. So you would have the option to flick on aggressive centre bounce style or man on man center bounce

While I know it isn't likely that it will happen this game, I'd love to see head coaches be face scanned and implemented into the game. Sort of like FIFA where you have the coaches standing on the sidelines, you could have them react to parts of the game up in the coach's box.

I personally have zero interest in the game being interrupted by the same 4 cutscenes constantly.
Even if it was just them addressing the team, or shaking hands with the opposition coach post game, it’d be nice to have but it’s definitely not a deal breaker.

On another note, if they do include it, i hope the coaches aren’t all defaulted to the same height

He's just a troll mate
Wow Bonce. That is not true at all. I'd just be shocked if more than 10 people actually watched the cutscenes over and over again. Just a waste of dev time in my humble non trolling opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back