Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Why are you campaigning so hard for all platforms to be delayed? I know it sucks you don't get it, but you need to give up this pipe dream that others will be denied.

Some people aren’t happy unless others are unhappy.
Like playing cricket in the schoolyard and getting out and taking the bat with you.
“If I can’t bat, nobody can”

Why are you campaigning so hard for all platforms to be delayed? I know it sucks you don't get it, but you need to give up this pipe dream that others will be denied.
I am going away for 2 weeks overseas to so it's not like I can play it on launch anyway but out of fairness to all users why shouldn't it just be delayed.

It would be a nightmare honestly, you have 2 lots of users who can play on launch generally when games have bugs and most likely you might be missing features like pro team and any information that hasn't been released as yet that people seem to be sweating on like state leagues. So what happens when it releases and people aren't happy with the team management mode, stats are limited , no state leagues to play as etc ( Just using them as a hypothetical) They could potentially lose a lot of sales through people going hey you know what there is to much stuff missing rather than just getting the game on release like everyone else.

I understand it's a nightmare for Big Ant to with cricket slated to be released late June also? I ain't buying both around the same time and I would rather get cricket than footy , perhaps there are others in that same boat to. Not to mention come towards the end of June footy season is halfway point.

Forget the contractual stuff I am just saying if I was selling a product I would want ALL parties to be able to purchase it at the same time and not in a position where its you can have it but you can't. Gives the other party a chance to look at it and pick out every flaw possible and finding reasons not to purchase it.

Boys can someone summarize the last 20 or so pages please i'm not reading through that sh*t
xbox physical and digital will be delayed until mid June (not confirmed but it has been mentioned around), Digital also because Microsoft has a thing where they want both to be available at the same time. PS and PC users as of right now will not be affected, so the game will be available on the 4th for those players.

I even obnoxiously coloured and embiggened the stickied post, what more can I do guys help me out here o_O

Serious question here. What sort of ramifications do you receive if you let this thread devolve into a chaotic echo chamber? I never understood the motive of moderating online threads, I couldn’t imagine signing myself up for that

Appreciate the shithousery of calling the delay on xbox after PS has already been posted and cannot be recalled, thus getting around the equity clause.

Happy for you PS users.

Xbox, AFL and retailers all going to crack the shits at BA for it though.

Looking forward to Xbox vindictively cancelling the launch or Cricket24.
Tissue?

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(To make sure Dannnnnnnnnn dosent kick me out of the group for this is fully joking and violence should never be condoned but) Ross next time he sees someone from Xbox/Microsoft after this…
triple h fighting GIF by WWE

Serious question here. What sort of ramifications do you receive if you let this thread devolve into a chaotic echo chamber? I never understood the motive of moderating online threads, I couldn’t imagine signing myself up for that
This is an answer to a question I never knew I needed to hear so badly 😂

I am going away for 2 weeks overseas to so it's not like I can play it on launch anyway but out of fairness to all users why shouldn't it just be delayed.

It would be a nightmare honestly, you have 2 lots of users who can play on launch generally when games have bugs and most likely you might be missing features like pro team and any information that hasn't been released as yet that people seem to be sweating on like state leagues. So what happens when it releases and people aren't happy with the team management mode, stats are limited , no state leagues to play as etc ( Just using them as a hypothetical) They could potentially lose a lot of sales through people going hey you know what there is to much stuff missing rather than just getting the game on release like everyone else.

I understand it's a nightmare for Big Ant to with cricket slated to be released late June also? I ain't buying both around the same time and I would rather get cricket than footy , perhaps there are others in that same boat to. Not to mention come towards the end of June footy season is halfway point.

Forget the contractual stuff I am just saying if I was selling a product I would want ALL parties to be able to purchase it at the same time and not in a position where its you can have it but you can't. Gives the other party a chance to look at it and pick out every flaw possible and finding reasons not to purchase it.
So, let me get this straight. Your proposed solution is to stuff around all three groups of customers and potentially lose customers from all of those groups, instead of the single group that is currently unfortunate enough to miss out for a while.

Appreciate the shithousery of calling the delay on xbox after PS has already been posted and cannot be recalled, thus getting around the equity clause.

Happy for you PS users.

Xbox, AFL and retailers all going to crack the shits at BA for it though.

Looking forward to Xbox vindictively cancelling the launch or Cricket24.

Doubtful Xbox needs all the help they can after a rubbish 2 weeks activision/Bethesda deal blocked in UK and Redfall being their first 1st party game in 18 months being completely trashed by reviews today

It doesnt even take the minimum amount of reading between the lines to have a bit of an idea what has gone on here.
it’s about communication. 48 hours prior to the game coming out is a ridiculous time to delay. Almost impossible to build a PC or buy a PS5 within that time given their in store shortages too

A buttload of PMs and assorted complaints from users more than anything. ;) And to be fair, ain't nobody signing up to mod this thread! The board is normally very chill...

(To make sure Dannnnnnnnnn dosent kick me out of the group for this is fully joking and violence should never be condoned but) Ross next time he sees someone from Xbox/Microsoft after this…
triple h fighting GIF by WWE
Hey why do I only get the bad rap? dwwaino is the silent assassin, he did the last two thread bans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back