Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
was it twistie that said in evo 2 he worked with wickedwitch to help with the commentary, and pointed out that the side commentators should talk less and mainly only at the end of quarters? cause thats really ****ed the commentary

honestly some pretty impressive passages of play by the AI and i still assume its set to easy so while maybe rough around the edges i think the base is really impressive
agree but we're 26 hours from the game dropping.

i can deal with orientation issues and the ai never missing, fixable enough. i worry with the ai always playing on, handballing 20m sideways or backwards, and marking contests being as complex as afl evo 2. a good base at this point isn't enough, imo.

i am so pro-BA i may as well be a shill, but this is a bit worrying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing getting this forum through the constant dissapoint is the equally constant "it isn't the final build".

As far as we have been told this is as close to finished as we will see.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

They'll address those issues in no time, remember this is version 1.0...
keep the faith!

The foundation is there, would be interesting to see what changes after the day one patch and how big the file size is. No interchanges and tactics, so it can’t be all the coding that will be in the final game. Some weird over powered handballs. AI DOESNT miss so that def needs tweaking, It’s free flowing indeed so missing the stop start nature of afl, but in saying that game devs would have made a conscience decision to make it more free flowing. Can’t really remember any successful tackles leading to a stoppage, player seems to either get a handball off or just drops it and the AI is a bit weird picking the ball up.

Overall Not too shabby. I’ll hold my opinion of it until I get it on Thursday and play it myself with the full coding and patch in place

Last edited:
The only thing getting this forum through the constant dissapoint is the equally constant "it isn't the final build".

As far as we have been told this is as close to finished as we will see.

When its released it'll be oh every game had bugs at launch or remember theyre a aussie developer.
Tbf if it's the best afl game out day 1 anyone will forgive a few bugs

It plays really well when everything is uncontested, players move the way you’d expect. Once it gets to a contest though it’s pretty janky still with players spectating around the ball while a 3 second animation plays out.

Marking contests need work. Players standing around waiting for the ball to arrive and then a player always marking it looks dodge. Need to turn up the spoils.

Commentary is really really jarring. Huddo needs to speak way way less. Honestly I’d revert it to him just saying the names of the players with the odd comment on the play.

I thought Michael’s mentioned this AI was on hard? If it is I’m not confident the AI will mark smart decisions.

Okay granted this is their first crack at a footy game in over a decade but geez, the more I see the less excited I am to play. The AI plays wayyyy too perfect, not enough scrappy, slow play. Its all go go go and noone makes mistakes
I prefer it to besting the AI by 100 points every time on the hardest difficulty. But yeah, maybe more accurate representation of set shot accuracy and a few mistakes here and there wouldn’t hurt

Who else had political references before page 600 on their bingo card?

I'm one Godwin's law away from bingo over here.
I believe we had references to greatest prime ministers of this country a week ago, so probably back around page 450
My word huddo doesn’t stfu
so it’s realistic then

Not a single point kicked again by the AI.

If there are no sliders, evo 2 might be a better option until xbox is released
emoji51.png

Because it's on hard mode and the players kicking the goals are good at kicking those goals.
Okay granted this is their first crack at a footy game in over a decade but geez, the more I see the less excited I am to play. The AI plays wayyyy too perfect, not enough scrappy, slow play. Its all go go go and noone makes mistakes
It might be because the game-mode is set to 1-on-1 style football, there may very well be different game modes.

Jesus Christ that was painfully hard to try and watch the ball movement with the camera angle and the shade on the ground. Really struggled to follow the ball on a phone screen.

Graphics look pretty good, major red flags about the goal kicking. Haven’t seen the AI kick a point yet?
I think YouTube did me dirty briefly to HD taking a while to catch up!

agree but we're 26 hours from the game dropping.

i can deal with orientation issues and the ai never missing, fixable enough. i worry with the ai always playing on, handballing 20m sideways or backwards, and marking contests being as complex as afl evo 2. a good base at this point isn't enough, imo.

i am so pro-BA i may as well be a shill, but this is a bit worrying.
im holding judgement until well i see or i get to play against the AI In legend difficulty, i went and played evo 2 on easiest & legend last night and its crazy how dumb and stupid the AI is on easiest that it really doesnt tell you anything on how the AI plays like they dont even sprint lol so im just waiting to really give judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back