Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:

For those that missed this, can read that into legends will be a slow release over time and not all players were scanned, upcoming draftees scanned and it only states control AFL/AFLW teams on game day so sounds like you won’t be playing as any state like sides but honestly why on earth would you want to anyway.

BigAntStudios this may be something you've been asked heaps before but is Reuben Ginbey's shoulders adjustable?

Pla god let this be true. If even a dozen disc copies sell on xbox then surely they'd go live on digital.
Not true because the game hasn’t been approved by Microsoft yet hence no manufacturing / shipping discs.

Ross has essentially said as much cryptically.

Thanks Ross!!! Also how large is the legends list looking now? Happy for you to spill the beans on Pies players 😏
All lists are pretty strong, Pies particularly so, a person working on the project is a life-long fan and has a special relationship with the club. Nice guy to, pisses me off as I find it increasingly harder to hate them so much.

I don't believe it for a second, but dear god let this be true. If even a dozen disc copies sell on xbox then surely they'd go live on digital.
I'm with you 100%, but how to JB and EB make money in this scenario? Everyone would cancel their preorder. I imagine that they are the party(ies) that are making the most noise about the decision to release it digitally. Microsoft get more $$...they won't care.

Discussions are ongoing, there are many parties with competing interests and we need to balance them all - including consumers.

I would not say that our relationship with XBox is any different to that of most developers ATM.

Show those retailers' who's boss, Ross. Xbox should go on sale the moment a single disc arrives in Australia.

For those that missed this, can read that into legends will be a slow release over time and not all players were scanned, upcoming draftees scanned and it only states control AFL/AFLW teams on game day so sounds like you won’t be playing as any state like sides but honestly why on earth would you want to anyway.
That’s how Ultimate Team modes work. Don’t be disappointed or let down by this. Cooler cards and legends will come over time

BigAntStudios Wild thought here.

But have you considered the fact that releasing digitally on Xbox would actually assist you with sales...?

Feel like holding out until June will impact your sales given the initial hype would have died down by then...

Surely your relationship with Microsoft/Xbox is strong enough anyways given that you've used their Gamepass platform for Cricket 21 and 22 in the past/currently...?

Gonna sound stupid here (not for the first time today 🤦🏻‍♂️).

But can someone give me a brief summary of what pro team/ultimate team etc is?
I’ve never used it on FIFA or anything but have a much more vested interest in AFL so could be something I try.
Cheers!

Not true because the game hasn’t been approved by Microsoft yet hence no manufacturing / shipping discs.

Ross has essentially said as much cryptically.

I've been watching this thread every day like a nutter for 6 weeks now, and have never seen him indicate that discs have not been manufactured, just that they have not arrived. Can you point me to a comment that alludes to them not having even been manufactures yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios Wild thought here.

But have you considered the fact that releasing digitally on Xbox would actually assist you with sales...?

Feel like holding out until June will impact your sales given the initial hype would have died down by then...

Surely your relationship with Microsoft/Xbox is strong enough anyways given that you've used their Gamepass platform for Cricket 21 and 22 in the past/currently...?
Lads we got another one

All lists are pretty strong, Pies particularly so, a person working on the project is a life-long fan and has a special relationship with the club. Nice guy to, pisses me off as I find it increasingly harder to hate them so much.

Ok you’ve peaked my interest!! Last question, the player in my profile pic, is he making an appearance? 😉

taking a stab - yes - BUT - your PS has to be on (Put it in sleep mode) - connected to the internet - signed into your PlayStation account - using the ps app (also signed in) find afl 23 and click 'Add to library'(When it becomes available)

You can probably test it by downloading one of the free games, 'Enlisted' is a good one.
Yup that’s it ! Will be exactly what I’m doing tomorrow.

I don’t understand why state leagues have been this big mystery that we’ve had to search the internet for clues, just tell us outright if they’re in there or not

This article would imply they’re not but the YouTube vid shared earlier states outright that they are 🤔

taking a stab - yes - BUT - your PS has to be on (Put it in sleep mode) - connected to the internet - signed into your PlayStation account - using the ps app (also signed in) find afl 23 and click 'Add to library'(When it becomes available)

You can probably test it by downloading one of the free games, 'Enlisted' is a good one.
This is correct. Main thing is it needs to be in rest mode and not powered off. I think there might also be a setting on the PS itself to allow downloads while in rest mode.

I do it all the time. Can't remember the last time I purchased/downloaded a game from the console itself.

Far out this shot is beautiful. The realism on this as well as the surrounds, you gotta love it. Beats those vague recreations of the VFL grounds WW had that also weren't touched between Live 2 and Evo 2, not that it's a high bar but still.
content-image_if-you-dont-mind-umpire-afl-23-interview-1.jpg

Seems as though they mean the lower levels aren't in career mode, should still be there for single match and presumably season mode as well.

Gonna sound stupid here (not for the first time today 🤦🏻‍♂️).

But can someone give me a brief summary of what pro team/ultimate team etc is?
I’ve never used it on FIFA or anything but have a much more vested interest in AFL so could be something I try.
Cheers!
We aren't really sure how AFL 23's Pro Team will work, but basic gist is you can play with your favourite players of all time in one team. Think a midfield of Cripps, Hird and Buckley delivering inside 50 to Lockett and Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back